• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

13-year old tried to commit suicide after a Lightning Process

Patients can often tell them at first regarded as healthier than they really were, because they wanted so strongly that the course would help. Many are struggling also with guilt because they have not improved, she says.

Those who are worse, is, according to Baumgarten, Austin prolonged worse. In the worst case, she knows, the patient has been worse in three years.

She is aware that absolutely no scientific evidence that "Lightning Process" works.

http://translate.google.no/translat...o/helse-forbruk-og-livsstil/1.7891470&act=url

Anne

Esther12

I'm normally opposed to using singular events to condemn a treatment/understanding of CFS, but the Lightning Process is such transparent dishonest quackery that I'm happy to make an exception here. No-one should be told that they can make themselves better, unless there is clear evidence that this is the case for that particular individual. Anything else is immoral and abusive.

Sean

Agree completely, Esther. How this poisonous pseudo-scientific drivel managed to be taken seriously enough to get substantial funding for a formal trial just blows my mind every time I try to think about it.

kurt

This illustrates how completely the profit motive can warp someone's judgment. Any reputable therapist would stop treating people if their treatment was harming some patients or even triggering suicide attempts. I guess those parents learned why scientific evidence of efficacy of treatments is important... we all want to believe sincere people making strong claims are right. People need to learn to filter claims based on evidence and not the charisma of the claimant.