1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and the Magic of the Canine Factor
There's been plenty of research indicating that having pets is good for your health. I never really noticed any particular benefits to having cats, though that may have had more to do with my cats. They've been fairly indifferent to my presence and we've shared a live-and-let-live...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

13-year old tried to commit suicide after a Lightning Process

Discussion in 'Alternative Therapies' started by Anne2, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Anne2

Anne2

Germany
    http://translate.google.no/translat...o/helse-forbruk-og-livsstil/1.7891470&act=url

Anne
  2. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member

I'm normally opposed to using singular events to condemn a treatment/understanding of CFS, but the Lightning Process is such transparent dishonest quackery that I'm happy to make an exception here. No-one should be told that they can make themselves better, unless there is clear evidence that this is the case for that particular individual. Anything else is immoral and abusive.
    Glynis Steele likes this.
  3. Sean

Sean Senior Member

Agree completely, Esther. How this poisonous pseudo-scientific drivel managed to be taken seriously enough to get substantial funding for a formal trial just blows my mind every time I try to think about it.
    Glynis Steele likes this.
  4. kurt

kurt Senior Member

USA.Earth
    This illustrates how completely the profit motive can warp someone's judgment. Any reputable therapist would stop treating people if their treatment was harming some patients or even triggering suicide attempts. I guess those parents learned why scientific evidence of efficacy of treatments is important... we all want to believe sincere people making strong claims are right. People need to learn to filter claims based on evidence and not the charisma of the claimant.

See more popular forum discussions.