1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Hyperparathyroidism: An Often Overlooked Differential Diagnosis to ME/CFS
Andrew Gladman puts hyperparathyroidism under the microscope, exploring what the disease is, how it can mimic ME/CFS in presentation and how it is treated.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

12 June 2014: Norway Multi-Site Clinical Trial: Funding and Commencement Update

Discussion in 'Rituximab: News and Research' started by Firestormm, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Firestormm

Firestormm Guest

Cornwall England
    Looks like the total funding for the mulit-site trial still has some way to go:

Thanks Tom for posting the translation on Co-Cure :)

Several recent posts indicate the Multi-site Trial is proceeding irrespective - presumably - of this funding shortfall. For example:

And a further comment from a patient who spoke with Dr Mella at the recent Invest in ME conference in London:

Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
    Esther12, Cheshire, chronix and 3 others like this.
  2. Firestormm

Firestormm Guest

Cornwall England
    I am still not sure I understand things correctly or that there isn't more than one Trial taking place... or that the total's raised aren't being used for different things...

Signed.

Perplexed of Cornwall :)
    Esther12 and justy like this.
  3. chronix

chronix

Imagine being told you were in the placebo group after 2 years!

If someone makes a big discovery in the pathophysiology of ME before this trail is published, which explains the positive effects of rituximab on the illness, would it then be possible for doctors to use the drug on an experimental basis at the least?
  4. deleder2k

deleder2k Senior Member

Oslo, Norway
    There will be one trial at 5 different hospitals in Norway. A so called "multi centre study, phase 3 study". n=154, i.e 154 patients. They still need a few quid short, but they don't expect that to be an issue. In August patients that are eligible to be a part of the study will be noticed. Tests and Rituximab/Placebo induction will commence early autumn.

Chronix: Patients that were in the last studied were promised Rituximab after the study was complete if they were given placebo. If the results as positive as the last studies, I think Rituximab could be used as a treatment.
    Firestormm, Esther12 and Sasha like this.

See more popular forum discussions.