• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

100,000 plp Signature, president Must issue a respond

*GG*

Well If a petition reaches 100,000 signatures the White house is required to issue a respond. There is no better time to get attention and help for our disease (@SOC I can spell it now, TX!). Please, it only takes one minute to sign.

https://secure.avaaz.org/en/petition/Stop_the_HHSIOM_contract_and_accept_the_CCC_definition_of_ME/

I thought that had to be on the White House.gov website?

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov

GG

PS Surprised to see 5k, not to be a Debbie downer, but doubt we could ever get 100k!

Delia

GG is right it has to be the special White House petition platform and the signatures must be collected within 30 days from the start.

And even if you get a response, it's very likely to be written by staff fr the President, ie: the CAA/HHS.

Also sorry to be a Debbie Downer! But I looked into it after the Justin Bieber thing came out. I never even knew Obama had set that up.

Because we can't seem to reach the vast numbers of us out there, it might look worse to start a petition that can't get anywhere close to the numbers...even Jen Brea's wonderful kickstarter campaign did not reach the 6k+ donors she hoped for (even at dollar donations) in order to break the kickstarter record, like she hoped. And certainly, had they known, there are well over 6k out there who would have donated a dollar.

Without a central way to reach out and find people it's very difficult.

Christopher

GG is right it has to be the special White House petition platform and the signatures must be collected within 30 days from the start.

And even if you get a response, it's very likely to be written by staff fr the President, ie: the CAA/HHS.

Also sorry to be a Debbie Downer! But I looked into it after the Justin Bieber thing came out. I never even knew Obama had set that up.

Because we can't seem to reach the vast numbers of us out there, it might look worse to start a petition that can't get anywhere close to the numbers...even Jen Brea's wonderful kickstarter campaign did not reach the 6k+ donors she hoped for (even at dollar donations) in order to break the kickstarter record, like she hoped. And certainly, had they known, there are well over 6k out there who would have donated a dollar.

Without a central way to reach out and find people it's very difficult.

yep. community is too fragmented and leaderless.

Wally

O.K. You Debbie or Donnie Downers. Snap out of it! :hug:

First of all - yes if you are not a U.S. citizen you can sign the petition. Your signature is very welcome. This is an illness that knows no man made boundaries. The actions taken by the U.S. government in matters of public health do effect people outside of this country and the government needs to hear your voices. The fact that in December there were 39 countries represented on the petition in addition to the 50 states in the U.S. did make an impression on people.

How do I know this? Because I was the person standing in front of the HHS in December with a display of those foreign flags and a life size blow up of the petition. While the government was technically closed on the day that I was there (due to the snowstorm), there were people in town from other countries who had scheduled meetings that day. The town itself was not closed because of the weather (only inches of snow fell on the ground in the city), but rather it was the concern that government employees (who primarily live outside of D.C.) would not be able to get to and from their homes and their work (something about a bad snow experience in 2011 that makes the government go into a super cautious mode when it snows).

Anyhow, as I stood outside of the entrance to the HHS Washington office I had a number of people pass by and furtively glance at the petition and the flags, but then they would slowly back up and and take a longer look. Yes - I loved the glances that turned into surprised stares when they realized how many signatures and how many countries had participated in signing the petition. May I just say that there were some very well heeled citizens from Norway that stopped right in their tracks when they saw that their countrymen and women were represented on that petition. I also believe that using the life size petition as a visual aid at the the IOM Meeting also opened some eyes (very wide) that there are "real" people and "real" voices to back up patients concerns about the HHS/IOM contract.

So if you are uncertain if it is worth your time to sign the petition or to ask others to sign the petition, then let me assure you that if you could have stood beside me both S.F. and in Washington while the petition was unfurled - you would have been :D from ear to ear realizing that sometimes when each little "David" stands up and moves to the center of the room that amazing things can happen.

For heavens sake don't lie down now or at the very least if you need to lie down be sure to keep a flag raised high up in the air so it can be seen. The fight to be seen and heard has only just begun.

:angel:;):cool::ninja::thumbsup::balloons: