• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

10 years of exercise induced/chronic brain fog – I’m cured! (90% sure)

Don’t know if this is the proper site/forum for suggestions for brain fog treatment, if it is, then my info may help others. I’m aware that I had fewer/different symptoms than the typical CFS/ME ones.

Very short version:

42 year old male, 6'0" going from 140 kilos to 80 in 8 months, plus eating only non-processed foods and some supplements - salt, other electrolytes, D-ribose, Q10, L-carnitine - in that period, made the fog disappear.

Short version:

I’m pretty sure I finally beat my archenemy; exercise/raised pulse induced brain fog (severely reduced brain ability; confusion, reduced concentration, memory loss, motor skill loss etc.) after being stomped by it for 10 years. Brain fog was mostly the only symptom, I now don’t think I’ve ever suffered from CFS and definitely not ME. I never had any discomfort/pain in my body before/during/after exercise, just crippling brain fog and sore eyes at times. I’ve suffered from brain fog during and after any activity that raised my pulse significantly, including light walking, for 10 years. I was obese almost the entire period, with close to zero daily exercise, and ate almost exclusively junkfood.

I had a couple of periods lasting up to 9 months, about 2-3 years combined, where I ate very healthily – lightly or no processed foods, and tried to exercise/pace myself out of it, lost a lot of weight, but still suffered badly from it and actually got worse during those periods. The brain fog was disabling, even from the beginning of those 10 years, no real exercise possible, no long walks, no cycling, and the final 5 years it got really bad. I lay in bed/sat on a chair about 22 hours per day, only getting up for eating my daily junkfood (pizza/burger/fries/soft drinks delivered to my door for years) showering, bathroom, and buying groceries at the mall 100 meters from my apartment.

During the years I suspected I suffered from one or more of the usual suspects:

Diabetes – one or more kinds
Chronic fatigue syndrome
Adrenal fatigue/insufficiency
Mitochondrial/ATP disorders
Kidney failure
Liver disease/disorders
Hyper or hypothyroidism
Candidiasis infections/disorders
Gluten allergy
Leaky gut syndrome
Lack of blood/oxygen to the brain – orthostatic intolerance – exercise induced arterial hypoxemia
Lack of salt – hyponatremia
Lack of other minerals – Electrolyte deficiency/imbalance, hypokalemia, hypomagnesia, hypocalcemia, etc.
Anemia/low iron/low hemoglobin

And many many others

Looks like I finally found the formula, I can now exercise virtually unlimited, and my brain feels close to normal and improving.

The cure for me: Weight loss from 140 kgs. to 80 (fog cleared around 100, is at 80 now – close to ideal),

And, no processed foods for 8 months, only eating: Raw vegetables, raw fruits, unprocessed meats, fish, eggs, milk, natural dairy without sugar, legumes, whole rice, whole grains, nuts, seeds, spices, nonsugar natural cocoa, plant and fish oils.

I added about 4 grams of salt to my drinking water per day, and took the following supplements: D-ribose 15 grams, L-carnitine 250 milligrams, Q10 – Uniqiniol 50 mg per day. I also mixed electrolyte powder into my drinking water for some months.

I suspect the thing that caused it all was something in the diabetic spectrum; a kind of chronic low blood sugar - Hypoglucemia, caused by obesity, zero exercise, and eating exclusively highly processed foods for years, but I’ll probably never know for sure. I’ve stopped taking D-Ribose, Q10, L-carnitine last 45 days and it haven’t made a difference, still no brain fog even though I now exercise a lot. I swim about 1 hour per day, walk 5-10 kilometers, use treadmills at gyms, sweating with high pulse, standing up about 8 hours per day. No brain fog, normal mind, full of energy both mentally and physically. Compared to 8 months ago where walking 3 kilometers at brisk pace would send me into a mental brain fog crash lasting for weeks with confusion, severe memory problems etc.

Long version:

Loads of details, only if anybody are interested and I got the time.

Last edited:

SOC

I suspect the thing that caused it all was something in the diabetic spectrum; a kind of chronic low blood sugar - Hypoglucemia, caused by obesity, zero exercise, and eating exclusively highly processed foods for years, but I’ll probably never know for sure.

I don't think the neuroimmune illness ME/CFS is caused by obesity, zero exercise, and eating exclusively highly processed foods.

I'm glad to hear you are feeling better. It's always good to hear someone has found a way to improve their health. However, I don't believe your protocol is going to do much for CCC/ICC-defined ME/CFS.

JPV

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
I'm glad to hear you are feeling better. It's always good to hear someone has found a way to improve their health. However, I don't believe your protocol is going to do much for CCC/ICC-defined ME/CFS.
I don't know. I think diet is a big contributing factor to many symptoms. I feel better cutting out certain foods, mostly processed foods and anything purported to cause inflammation or excitotoxicity, which is very much a part of this person regimen. It's not a cure, by any stretch, but certainly increases my quality of life.

Last edited:

Snow Leopard

Hibernating
I'm glad that Cured-dk is feeling better, however I'm not sure how generalisable his experience is, given that many of us have very different life experiences.

I have been in the healthy weight range my whole life, I have tried many, many different dietary variations over the last 15 years. I started exercising a bit (on my electric bike), a few years ago, and it has not helped my main symptoms (headache, brain fog etc) at all, though my muscles do feel a bit stronger than they did years ago.

Marco

Grrrrrrr!
Congratulations on turning your health (and your life) around. I've also found cutting out pre-prepared foods to be helpful - not a 'cure' by any means but I feel worse when eating 'junk'.

I think you're probably thinking along the right lines with the 'diabetic spectrum'. I wrote a little piece some time ago looking at similarities between the various types of diabetes and ME/CFS and fibromyalgia. Not that I (nor you) are at all suggesting that they're the same thing but there are surprising overlaps in symptoms with cognitive symptoms very prominent :

http://www.cortjohnson.org/blog/201...ell-us-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-fibromyalgia/

whodathunkit

I don't think the neuroimmune illness ME/CFS is caused by obesity, zero exercise, and eating exclusively highly processed foods.
Since we don't really know what causes ME/CFS, that's kind of an unfair statement. Just because it's not diagnosed as ME/CFS does not make the symptoms of mitochondrial dysfunction or similar "syndromes" any less debilitating or demoralizing to the sufferer. An inability to function normally is an inability to function normally, no matter what the cause or what name you put to it. And certainly methylation problems, mitochondrial dysfunction, or metabolic problems like diabetes brought on by crappy diet and metabolic syndrome can mess up the immune system and make one susceptible to the infections that do lead to diagnoses with things like ME or other severe immune disorders.

Since hitting PR I have come to realize that if I'd pressed for it I possibly could have gotten a diagnosis of CFS since I had fairly severe symptoms for over a decade, but I hate going to doctors, and just chalked up the severe/worsening PEM (which I never told my doctors about because I didn't know it was a thing), unrefreshing sleep, and other symptoms to mid-life + cumulative damage as a result of decades of really crappy diet and very poor lifestyle choices.

Apparently I'm one of the lucky ones...I don't seem to have any of the infections that accompany many if not most ME/CFS cases or symptoms, and I don't have any MTHFR snps (but do have some MTRR, MAO, SOD, and others that seem to be very common around here) so I've been able to effectively treat myself with methylation therapy, gut therapy, other supplement therapy, diet therapy, and lifestyle modification. But it's taken over two years, thousands and thousands of dollars, and countless hours of learning + downtime/recovery. No matter what you call what you're recovering from, or what caused it, recovery from any kind of metabolic disease is quite a project.

@Cured-dk: Since I'm going through a similar experience, I would say that the diet was your cure, not shucking the weight. Especially severely cutting omega-6 oils from your diet, since we need very little of them and too much of them reportedly has a very bad effect on the mitochondria. Diet is the foundation of everything! But a big hearty congrats to you on that, as well as your recovery from brain fog. :thumbsup: :D

Also, please make sure you've got a system in place so that you won't backslide. I've had a long history with diet modification, and no matter how healthy I got, I always would backslide. I realize now it was because my gut flora was out of balance. But I believe I've cured that now, and am looking forward to living the rest of my life craving-free and at a healthy weight. That outlook has *never* been mine before, even before I gained all the weight in the first place. Even when I was skinny, I was pretty much always hungry. Never saw myself as being anything but obsessed with food. It's a great relief to have that monkey off my back.

Finally: stay flexible with your supplements. If you suspect something isn't doing you good any more, stop using it. Case in point is ribose. I loved it for a while (it really helped with PEM and muscle soreness), then realized I didn't need it any more. I've also read it can cause issues with blood sugar (hyperglycemia is a problem for me) when used long-term.

Thanks for the great OP, keep up the good work! :)

Tired of being sick

Being inactive,poor diet,overweight/slow metabolism is easily cured through exactly what you did...

Seid/ME however can never be cured for the fact is in the same family as MS/ALS/Lupus/Alzheimer's/Lyme/
Aids ETC......

SOC

I don't know. I think diet is a big contributing factor to many symptoms. I feel better cutting out certain foods, mostly processed foods and anything purported to cause inflammation or excitotoxicity, which is very much a part of this person regimen. It's not a cure, by any stretch, but certainly increases my quality of life.
Sure, but he's not claiming a small QOL improvement, which diet can certainly give. He's claiming a cure. And he may indeed have cured HIS condition. It's highly unlikely to cure ME/CFS or we'd all be out there working and playing instead of sitting sick at home. It's not like we all haven't already tried all those things.

whodathunkit

Sure, but he's not claiming a small QOL improvement, which diet can certainly give. He's claiming a cure. And he may indeed have cured HIS condition. It's highly unlikely to cure ME/CFS or we'd all be out there working and playing instead of sitting sick at home. It's not like we all haven't already tried all those things.
Ummmmm...I don't see anywhere in the OP where the poster is claiming his/her intervention will cure everyone, nor even implied it. However, I do see the statement "...then my info may help others. I’m aware that I had fewer/different symptoms than the typical CFS/ME ones."

Emphasis mine on the word "may".

Being inactive,poor diet,overweight/slow metabolism is easily cured through exactly what you did...
I beg to differ. It can be very difficult. Respectfully, this statement is denigrating a hard-won victory of someone who had some genuine health problems. Granted they may not be your exact problems, but they're still problems, and losing weight and curing brain fog due to metabolic syndrome can be tough in its own right. As can sticking with any regimen for nearly a year to see it it might help.

Just because someone doesn't have an official CFS diagnosis doesn't mean they don't have problems, or that they don't have something to contribute to this board.

Last edited:

SOC

Just because someone doesn't have an official CFS diagnosis doesn't mean they don't have problems, or that they don't have something to contribute to this board.
No one said he didn't have a very real, serious problem, just that his cure is unlikely to cure, or even make a major difference in CCC/ICC-defined ME/CFS.

This is an ME/CFS board, not a general health board, so it's quite relevant to discuss whether the treatment is likely be beneficial to ME/CFS patients.

whodathunkit

@SOC: so you're just trying to make it double-extra clear to everyone, even though the OP and JPV already made it quite clear, that diet isn't likely to be a complete cure? Cuz I don't think anyone ever said it was or would be. Just that it may help or has helped them. I'm just not sure where your remarks are coming from, is all. Since everything that generally has the potential to alleviate mitochondrial problems will generally be of help to ME/CFS patients.

Just making sure we're on the same page here (and whereof you keep speaking of diet not being a cure for ME/CFS, when nobody ever said it was).

Brain fog was mostly the only symptom, I now don’t think I’ve ever suffered from CFS and definitely not ME.
So what's the relevance to patients who all have ME/CFS? I mean, it's nice to treat symptoms, but ours is coming from ME/CFS, not diet. And if it is coming from lack of activity, it's not something we can fix because activity makes us very ill.

whodathunkit

So what's the relevance to patients who all have ME/CFS? I mean, it's nice to treat symptoms, but ours is coming from ME/CFS, not diet. And if it is coming from lack of activity, it's not something we can fix because activity makes us very ill.
The OP said the brain fog was caused BY exercise, not that exercise is the cure. It sounds like the brain fog was a type of PEM for the OP, without the body aches.

Anyway, can you say for certain that there is not a large diet component in the onset of CFS? If so, can you point me to the research/facts that have led you to draw that conclusion? Cuz I see all day on the board how little we know about CFS, but then when it suits us we seem to know what does and doesn't cause it or cure it.

I would argue that anything that has relevance to general health and recovery from any symptom that manifests in CFS has the potential to be relevant to CFS patients, because regardless of the differences in our current functioning, fundamentally we're all human. Our physiology and health has the same foundation, even if we respond differently or at different rates to interventions.

Further, people with CFS usually manifest symptoms for years before the symptoms reach a tipping point and everything breaks down. Post like the above might be useful to someone who lights here looking for help, who might still be functional but is declining and doesn't know where to begin.

Regardless of any of that, please point me to the place in the PR rules where it says that everyone who joins here must have CFS and every single discussion must focus on CFS exclusively and not CFS symptoms, comorbidities, or adjunct therapies. If that rule exists, I am completely unaware of it.

Last edited:

Hip

Adding about 4 grams of salt to my drinking water per day, and taking the following supplements: D-ribose 15 grams, L-carnitine 250 milligrams, Q10 – Uniqiniol 50 mg per day. I also mixed electrolyte powder into my drinking water for some months.

I suspect the thing that caused it all was something in the diabetic spectrum; a kind of chronic low blood sugar - Hypoglucemia, caused by obesity, zero exercise, and eating exclusively highly processed foods for years, but I’ll probably never know for sure. I’ve stopped taking D-Ribose, Q10, L-carnitine last 45 days and it haven’t made a difference, still no brain fog even though I now exercise a lot.

Thanks for posting you story, @Cured-dk.

The worsening of symptoms after exercise is very characteristic of ME/CFS, and in this respect, the fact that your brain fog appears during and after exercise is quite ME/CFS-like.

Though in other respects, you story does not sound very ME/CFS-related, as it is rare for any drugs or supplements to be curative in ME/CFS. Sometimes drugs or supplement can significantly improve ME/CFS symptoms such as brain fog, but almost always these symptoms return to their more severe levels within days of stopping the treatment. The only exceptions are treatments with potent antivirals such as Valcyte or IV interferon: when you stop these, the improvements or remission can last up to around a year before you start getting worse again, presumably because these antivirals have reduced the viral loads that may be causing the ME/CFS.

The fact that after 45 days you are still free of brain fog suggests that you may have cured yourself of it (although you will know this with more certainly if your brain fog has still not returned after say 6 months or a year), and this suggests you may have something other than ME/CFS, as you have said yourself.

The doses of carnitine and Q10 you were taking are relatively low, whereas you were taking quite a good of D-ribose, so as a guess, this suggests D-ribose may have played the major role in your health improvements. A quick Google search reveals that both D-ribose and carnitine have benefits for diabetes, as well as for ME/CFS (in studies all three supplements have been shown beneficial for ME/CFS).

In general, these three supplements you took are quite commonly tried by ME/CFS patients (although they may not necessarily have been taken in combination), so ME/CFS patients are familiar with them, and do try them.

@SOC has found that very high doses of Q10 (800 mg or higher daily) help reduce or ward off post-exertional-malaise (PEM) — see these threads:
How much CoQ10 do you take?
Did I just slam the door on a PEM episode?!

Have you ever measured your blood sugar levels, by the way? You can buy a pin prick blood sugar meter quite cheaply (on the UK eBay for example you can buy a meter for as little as £10). This will allow you to accurately test you blood sugar level using a pin prick drop of blood, even multiple times each day, and after meals. It might be interesting to measure your blood sugar level before, during and after exercise, to see if exercise is causing abnormal blood sugar levels. Though abnormal blood sugar may no longer be observable now that you appear to be cured or in remission from exercise-induced brain fog.

The other thing worth mentioning as that high doses of salt are a common treatment for the disease called postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), which can cause brain fog as a result of a lack blood flow to the brain. So it is possible that you might have some degree of POTS.

Are you still taking the 4 grams of salt per day?

Some doctors say POTS patients benefit from salt at a dose of 10-15 grams daily; other doctors suggest between 3-5 grams of salt per day is the best dose. For more info on treatments, see: POTS - What Helps

Have you ever been tested for POTS? The test is so simple, you can even do it yourself at home in around 10 minutes. The home test for POTS is often called the "poor man's tilt table test."

The poor man's tilt table test involves measuring the increase in your heart rate that occurs when you stand up from a lying down position. To perform this "poor man's tilt table test," you simply lie down horizontally and relax for 10 minutes, and at the end of this 10 minute period, measure your heart rate. Then stand up, and after two minutes standing, measure you heart rate again. After 5 minutes standing, measure your heart rate a third time, and after 10 minutes standing, measure it a fourth and final time. If any of your heart rate measurements taken on standing are faster by 27 beats per minute or more than your heart rate while lying down, then you have POTS.

For maximum sensitivity, testing for POTS should be performed in the morning, because POTS symptoms are worse in the morning.

So as you can see, POTS is a very easy disease to diagnose.

It would interesting for you to try stopping the 4 grams of salt for a few days, if you are still taking this. If your exercise-induced brain fog returns, it would indicate it is the salt that is fixing your symptoms.

Last edited:

Wayne

So what's the relevance to patients who all have ME/CFS? I mean, it's nice to treat symptoms, but ours is coming from ME/CFS, not diet.

It may have no relevance to patients who have "core" ME/CFS [whatever that may be], but is most likely relevant to many who visit this forum. Many who come here might not technically have ME/CFS, but do have symptoms that closely resemble it. @Ian's posts on how he tracked his health problems to oral infections is just one example of this. Others have made almost complete recovery by combating other infections, including by doing anti-viral therapies. By targeting what virus? Who knows? Is it the same virus in all pwME/CFS? I doubt it.

I think that stories like the one being told here can be valuable for many people who may get a better understanding [or reminder as it pertains to me] of how food and supplements can impact our health in such a major way, and then consider whether various nutritional aspects may be factors for them. One of my favorite things on the PR board is reading and digesting someone's improvement story :), and very much appreciate them taking the time to share it--no matter how major or minor. So I can't help but think their stories are going to be helpful for a good number of PR members to one degree or another.

whodathunkit

@SOC: That's actually the *subtitle* of the thread. You forgot the "main title", which is

10 years of exercise induced/chronic brain fog --
Put the two (main title + subtitle) together and the OP is quite clearly *not* referring to curing CFS.

Did you *really* miss that? :lol:

Unless there's some sort of unwritten rule on PR that I am unaware of that states that the word "cure" is only allowed to be used here if it is in reference to a cure of CFS...

Wayne

See the title of the thread

Look at his very first introductory paragraph.

Don’t know if this is the proper site/forum for suggestions for brain fog treatment, if it is, then my info may help ohers. I’m aware that I had fewer/different symptoms than the typical CFS/ME ones.

@Cured-dk says he was 90% sure he found a cure for his brain fog. I just don't get it why some members on this forum almost routinely castigate newcomers who generously come here to share their improvements. And for the seeming transgression of not being technically perfect with their words--by some unknown, indecipherable PR standard??? No wonder so many of them make one or two posts and then disappear.

Thanks for the kind words.

@Hip

Yes, still mix about 4 grams of salt into my drinking water per day, since I've estimated that I only get 1 g totally per day from my food, due to it being unprocessed. Used https://cronometer.com
for that. I think adult males optimally should get about 5 grams of salt (2000 mg sodium) per day. Some will probably disagree with that.

Yes, I know about POTS, I spent lots of time researching it and other diseases. I probably was borderline, my pulse went up about 25, now it's about 15 - 20 and improving. I more or less lay in bed for 5 years until 6 months ago. Stuff like that will hurt you, and I'm possibly still recovering from it, even though I feel great mentally and physically at this time.

Yes, measured blood sugar over the years, both lab tests and home samples, my blood sugar was generally always low.

My lab results (in Danish, try Google translate if interested):

Code:
17/12/2014:
Alanintransaminase [ALAT];P = 38 U/L (10 <> 70)
Amylase;P = 51 U/L (25 <> 120)
Basisk fosfatase;P = 53 U/L (35 <> 105)
eGFR  ml/min per 1.73m²;Nyre = 74 mL/min1.73m2 (Min. 60)
Glukose, middel (fra HbA1c);P = 5.0 mmol/l (5,4 <> 7,3)
Hæmoglobin A1c (IFCC);Hb(B) = 29 mmol/mol (31 <> 44)
Hæmoglobin;B = 9.3 mmol/L (8,3 <> 10,5)
Jern;P = 13 µmol/L (9 <> 34)
Kalium;P = 4.1 mmol/L (3,5 <> 4,6)
Kolesterol HDL;P = 1.1 mmol/L (0,8 <> 2,1)
Kolesterol LDL;P = 1.8 mmol/l (1,4 <> 4,7)
Kolesterol;P = 3.3 mmol/L (3,3 <> 6,9)
Kreatinin;P = 97 µmol/L (60 <> 105)
Leukocytter;B = 4.2 × 10^9/L (3,5 <> 8,8)
Natrium;P = 138 mmol/L (137 <> 145)
Prostataspecifikt antigen;P = 0.3 µg/L (Max. 3)
Thyrotropin [TSH];P = 2.8 mIU/L (0,3 <> 4,0)
Triglycerid;P = 0.8 mmol/L (0,45 <> 2,60)
Vitamin B12;P = 749 pmol/L (150 <> 800)

19/09/2013:
Alanintransaminase [ALAT];P = 46 U/l (10 <> 70)
Basisk fosfatase;P = 53 U/L (35 <> 105)
eGFR  ml/min per 1.73m²;Nyre = 84 ml/min1.73 (Min. 60)
Glukose, middel (fra HbA1c);P = 5.2 mmol/l (5,4 <> 7,3)
Hæmoglobin A1c (IFCC);Hb(B) = 30 mmol/mol (31 <> 44)
Hæmoglobin;B = 9.8 mmol/L (8,3 <> 10,5)
Jern;P = 16 µmol/l (9 <> 34)
Kalium;P = 3.4 mmol/L (3,5 <> 4,6)
Kolesterol HDL;P = 0.9 mmol/l (0,8 <> 2,1)
Kolesterol LDL;P = 2.7 mmol/l (1,4 <> 4,7)
Kolesterol;P = 4.2 mmol/l (3,3 <> 6,9)
Kreatinin;P = 88 µmol/L (60 <> 105)
Leukocytter;B = 5.7 × 10^9/L (3,5 <> 8,8)
Natrium;P = 133 mmol/L (137 <> 145)
Prostataspecifikt antigen;P = 0.3 µg/L (Max. 3)
Thyrotropin [TSH];P = 1.2 mIU/L (0,3 <> 4,0)
Triglycerid;P = 1.5 mmol/l (0,45 <> 2,60)
Vitamin B12;P = 483 pmol/l (150 <> 800)

17/08/2012:
Alanintransaminase [ALAT];P = 56 U/l (10 <> 70)
Basisk fosfatase;P = 51 U/l (35 <> 105)
eGFR  ml/min per 1.73m²;Nyre = 88 ml/min1.73 (Min. 60)
Glukose(diag.);P(vB; fPt) = 6.0 mmol/l (Max. 7,0)
Glukose, middel (fra HbA1c);P = 5.3 mmol/l (5,4 <> 7,3)
Hæmoglobin A1c (IFCC);Hb(B) = 31 mmol/mol (31 <> 44)
Hæmoglobin;B = 8.8 mmol/l (8,3 <> 10,5)
Jern;P = 14 µmol/l (9 <> 34)
Kalium;P = 4.0 mmol/l (3,5 <> 4,6)
Kolesterol HDL;P = 0.9 mmol/l (0,8 <> 2,1)
Kolesterol LDL;P = 2.5 mmol/l (1,4 <> 4,7)
Kolesterol;P = 4.0 mmol/l (3,3 <> 6,9)
Kreatinin;P = 84 µmol/L (60 <> 105)
Leukocytter;B = 5.8 × 10^9/l (3,5 <> 8,8)
Natrium;P = 138 mmol/l (137 <> 145)
Thyrotropin [TSH];P = 1.00 mlU/l (0,3 <> 4,0)
Triglycerid;P = 1.4 mmol/l (0,45 <> 2,60)
Vitamin B12;P = 412 pmol/l (150 <> 800)

05/11/2008:
Jern;P = 9 µmol/l (9 <> 34)
25-OH-Vitamin D(D3+D2);P = 50 nmol/l (45 <> 150)
Androgen gruppe;P = SSI _
Androgen gruppe;P = KOMM nmol/l
Pt-Thyreoideaudredning = TAGET _
Pt.-Sympt: hele året = SYMP.TID _
Pt.-Diagnose: Astma = DIAGNOSE _
Inhalationsantigen panel-IgE;P = <0.4 kU/l (Max. 0,4)
Thyrotropin [TSH];P = 1.62 10-3i.e./l (0,400 <> 4,000)

23/06/2008:
Alanintransaminase [ALAT];P = 25 U/l (10 <> 70)
Amylase;P = 54 U/l (25 <> 120)
Basisk fosfatase;P = 48 U/l (35 <> 105)
Bilirubiner;P = 11 µmol/l (5 <> 35)
Glukose;P = 4.3 mmol/l (4,2 <> 6,3)
Hæmoglobin A1c;Hb(B) = 0.050 stof.frakt (0,041 <> 0,064)
Hæmoglobin;B = 8.7 mmol/l (8,1 <> 10,3)
Immunglobulin E;P = 174 kU/l (Max. 150)
Jern;P = 11 µmol/l (9 <> 34)
Kalium;P = 3.9 mmol/l (3,6 <> 5,0)
Kolesterol HDL;P = 1.0 mmol/l (Min. 0,9)
Kolesterol LDL;P = 3.2 mmol/l (Max. 4,5)
Kolesterol VLDL;P = 0.3 mmol/l (Max. 1,1)
Kolesterol;P = 4.5 mmol/l (Max. 6,0)
Kreatinin (Jaffé);P = 84 µmol/l (60 <> 105)
Leukocytter;B = 4.2 10^9/l (3,5 <> 8,8)
Natrium;P = 137 mmol/l (137 <> 145)
Prostataspecifikt antigen;P = 0.3 µg/l (0,0 <> 2,5)
Sænkningsreaktion = 2
Thyrotropin [TSH];P = 1.18 10-3i.e./l (0,400 <> 4,000)
Triglycerid;P = 0.7 mmol/l (Max. 2,5)
Vitamin B12;P = 295 pmol/l (140 <> 780)

08/01/2008:
Alanintransaminase [ALAT];P = 51 U/l (10 <> 70)
Amylase;P = 43 U/l (25 <> 120)
Basisk fosfatase;P = 62 U/l (35 <> 105)
Bilirubiner;P = 15 µmol/l (5 <> 35)
Hæmoglobin A1c;Hb(B) = 0.045 stof.frakt (0,041 <> 0,064)
Hæmoglobin;B = 9.5 mmol/l (8,1 <> 10,3)
Immunglobulin E;P = 74 kU/l (Max. 150)
Jern;P = 17 µmol/l (9 <> 34)
Kalium;P = 4.0 mmol/l (3,6 <> 5,0)
Kolesterol HDL;P = 1.0 mmol/l (Min. 0,9)
Kolesterol LDL;P = 3.4 mmol/l (Max. 4,5)
Kolesterol VLDL;P = 0.4 mmol/l (Max. 1,1)
Kolesterol;P = 4.8 mmol/l (Max. 6,0)
Kreatinin (Jaffé);P = 89 µmol/l (60 <> 105)
Leukocytter;B = 6.3 10^9/l (3,5 <> 8,8)
Natrium;P = 138 mmol/l (137 <> 145)
Prostataspecifikt antigen;P = 0.3 µg/l (0,0 <> 2,5)
Sænkningsreaktion = 8
Thyrotropin [TSH];P = 3.85 10-3i.e./l (0,400 <> 4,000)
Triglycerid;P = 0.8 mmol/l (Max. 2,5)
Vitamin B12;P = 420 pmol/l (140 <> 780)

Last edited: