When the 'Holiday Season' Is No Holiday at all for Those With ME/CFS
Is December getting to you? Jody Smith shares some thoughts on some of the struggles that all too often attend this time of year ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

10-year old sufferer speaks out

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by MeSci, Sep 29, 2017.

1. MeSci

MeSci ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?

Cornwall, UK
    http://www.itv.com/news/westcountry/2017-09-28/child-with-m-e-wants-to-tackle-the-stigmas/

(I noticed this girl featured in another thread but thought she deserved her own.)

28 September 2017 at 12:03pm

Child with M.E. wants to tackle the stigma

A 10-year-old girl who suffers from M.E. has reached thousands of people through a video posted onto Facebook. Photo: ITV News
    A 10-year-old girl from Plymouth who suffers from Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (M.E.) has reached thousands of people across the world through a video posted onto Facebook, where she tries to tackle stigma against the condition.

Shannon Tiday says she is angry about a new and controversial treatment, which suggests M.E. can be treated as a psychological illness.

She's had messages of support from sufferers in Europe, Canada and even Australia

Shannon Tiday says she is angry about a new and controversial treatment for M.E. Credit: ITV News
    Shannon has been left practically housebound after developing M.E. - a disease with symptoms of chronic fatigue - meaning her childhood is very different from her peers.

Read rest of the article here.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2017
    boolybooly, Philipp, Tammy and 22 others like this.
  2. UKmum

UKmum

This is great- its all over our local news in the South West England- even my mum saw it and she never normally notices anything about ME/CFS in the media

3. Jan

Jan Senior Member

Devon UK
    I watched this on tv last night, had no idea it was going to be on. Shannon is a little star, bless her!

boombachi, Dolphin, ballard and 2 others like this.
  4. Skippa

Skippa Anti-BS

Can we do something here on PR to give her our support?

Let her know we exist, get the word out, rally round... I dunno... something to increase the volume?

5. Jo Best

Jo Best Senior Member

See more popular forum discussions.