• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

1 and 3 Methyl-l-histadine vs. l-histadine

Peyt

Hi Folks.
I am trying to make some sense out of my UAA test,
Can anyone educate me on what are 1 and 3 Methyl-l-histadines? The reason I ask is my 1 and 3 Methyl-l-histadines were high ( 270 and 1070) while my regular histadine was on the low side (330)
Any explanation would be appreciated.
Thanks

Critterina

The amino acid interpretive guide published by Genova Diagnostics should be able to help you. It's easy to find with an internet search. I remember from my serum amino acid test that high 3-methylhistadine was related to muscle wasting (dissolving skeletal muscles to meet the body's protein needs). I was prescribed BCAAs (and a bunch of other things, based on a bunch of test results) that as I remember helped a lot with that. But of course, you need someone who can look at the whole picture because sometimes what is suggested as a supplement for one result is contraindicated by a different result.