• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

1.5 years after treating lyme and i think I have a relapse

Alea Ishikawa said:
Are you taking either Japanese knotweed OR Resveratrol 200 for a total dose of 500mg? I think these are the same substance (Polygonum cuspidatum) and I'd hate for you to overdose!
I hate the astralagus (Polygonum cuspidatum) it makes me crash hard!
Japanese knotweed (polygonum cuspidatum found in Resveratrol-200) is different from astragalus (astragalus membranaceus). I just wanted to make sure you were not using Japanese knotweed plus the Japanese knotweed in the Resveratrol-200 and overdosing, which could be making your spleen issue worse.

Buhner says to avoid astragalus, as it strengthens the part of the immune system that's over-active already from chronic Lyme. He recommends it for the early stages, but for chronic sufferers, it can be a bad idea. If you are feeling worse on it, he says discontinue it.

-I have not tried the biofilm buster is it worth it?
It's an additional way to attack Lyme. I would focus on getting your spleen inflammation fixed, before trying anything that would aggravate it more.

I have been seeing a doctor for my Lyme for 17 months, I have very good periods and relapses. I think treatment can years, or so my doctor tells me. Feel free to ask any questions.

soxfan

I treated Lyme for 2 years with orals and IV. It was the IV Rocephin for 6 months which put me into remission. It was glorious and I thought I was cured. Then I had a gall bladder attack and had to come off all medications for 2 months. They removed my gall bladder and Picc Line. By the time I was able to go back on meds I was already starting to relapse.
That was in 2008. I never have been able to get back to that beautiful remission time in 2007/2008 even though I have been treating off and on since then.

I actually feel now I have developed CFS due to different symptoms and feel that no amount of abx or herbals are going to help me at this point. I also go though periods where I feel okay and where I feel like I am on the verge of despair with the crashes etc....

Even though I always go back to the thought of well maybe if I take some more antibiotics it will help but deep in my heart I know I have done all I can and am now a part of the CFS population.....

Hanna

@soxfan when you were treated for lyme in 2007-8 there was little to no knowledge about the cystic form of the bugs.
So, there is "chance" you treated 'only' the spirochetes, round bodies and intracellular forms. In this hypothesis, the bugs just had to hide away into the cysts for some time (may be years). And when you stopped all the lyme meds, they may have repopulated some areas and the cycle goes on and on.
Have you once again been tested by KDM or Igenex? Perhaps you are still positive (for lyme and coinfections) and so there is room for hope with a new treatment plan that tackles all the forms of the disease.

ahmo

@nofuture You might consider coffee enemas to relieve some of the pressure on spleen. Helping the liver detox helps adrenals and spleen as well. I've written of my CE experience, see the link in my signature. You'll find links to other references there, including the library of coffee enema info at saWilsons.com.

@ahmo I am not sure what coffee enemas are?

@Hanna No they did not they used a lab by lab corp.
The two things that are working are Teasel wort root and now trying colloidal ionic silver by results rna

http://www.amazon.com/Results-RNA-Advanced-Cellular-Silver/dp/B0058HX4K8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1423517276&sr=8-1&keywords=colloidal silver results

Its too soon to tell for the silver. I have felt a but of energy after taking 3 sprays. My body felt like the lights were turned on. The teasel works to give your body more energy but you have to work your way up in drops.

@soxfan @szenn
What i noticed is that antibiotics iv take little time to work but the results are not long term. It just pushed the disease into hiding. I am not sure if you tried the RNA Advanced silver .It might help you. Its promoted for lyme treatment as well as for other serious infections

look in the description

l

@Helen I will get the bio-film defense if these two supplements stop working.

soxfan

@Hanna-I have treated Lyme many times since 2008 with all sorts of combos of antibiotics. At this point I am just not sure it will do me any good. I am actually currently on Zithromax, Cefnir, and Tindazole. I really have not felt any different in the 3.5 months I have been on this. I was also seeing the great Dr. Horowitz in NY so I would hopefully assume he knew what he was doing in 2007....

I can really relate to the symptoms people have on this forum then on the Lyme forums. That is truly why I think this has already developed to CFS. I am seeing my Lyme doctor in a few weeks and will discuss then what to do.
I have also been retested through ELISA which was positive in 2011 and co-infections were tested in 2012 through Igenex.

@nofuture- The IV Rocephin made me start improving within a month so yes...it worked quickly. I think what really screwed me was the gall bladder attack and my WBC going down to only a 2. They made me get off the meds so I had no choice. So I had the attack in April but was back on meds in June but I was never able to achieve that wellness again. Like I told Hanna I am seeing my Lyme doctor in a couple weeks and we will talk about what to do next if anything....

@ahmo I will look into it

@soxfan i have taken this colloidal silver daily now and it is having a herx like reaction on me. It feels as if there is some kind of thunder inside my body. It is slightly helping with this problem. I agree with you that the antibiotics work but they do not cure anything. It is possible that they make the disease more resistant since it learns from it. My appetite is way down now and I am not so much tired as I am confused while this is going on. It is as if water is starting to flow in a river but there are still rocks piled slowing it down.

So far the progress made with the results RNA colloidal silver are undeniable. The energy i was depleted without all this time.. What i am curious is if this will be permanent and if yes how long it will take to demolish this persistent nasty disease?.

JBB

Lyme doctors do not normally talk about a "cure" for Lyme. It is more a case of putting it into remission and holding remission as best as possible.

According to Horowitz's book, 95% of people who are treated for Lyme and come off all antimicrobials relapse. Basically, at minimum herbal maintenance is essentual even when you feel better.

You can't rule out co infections based on tests. There are too many different strains which will not be picked up on a test. There are probably even co infections which have not yet been found. Most LLMD's will base co's based on symptoms. However from talking to people I'm starting to wonder whether this can sometimes be a misnomer too.

Good luck,

JBB

Thanks man. Right now I am banking on two things working permanently. 1) Colloidal silver or 2) Cannabis oil. Its still too early to tell but the colloidal silver relieves me of all symptoms for about 6 hours. Then the symptoms start to slowly come back. Another thing i don't know is if it permanently kills this disease. I have not done research to know if it is able to penetrate cells in order to destroy remains of the disease or if it just halts it while its active.

JBB

That's fantastic that you have found something that works, let alone so simple. My advice would be - RUN WITH IT! There is no known medicine that definitively kills all Borrelia at the moment, so you just keep taking something to keep it at bay. But if CS does it for you then that is not a problem.

Thanks for the support! I was beginning to turn into a ghost with pale skin I could hardly do anything without sleeping. Iv antibiotics don't get the last traces of Lyme from my experience. I tested negative for lyme after the ivs and orals and i still got it again. I did some research and the brain blood barrier is one of the places the Lyme hides in. Its biofilm makes it especially difficult to irradiate. It makes you think diseases generally have intensity that has some kind of measure of symptoms light to heavy and once negative most do not come back..However, Lyme has more than that. It has many co infections which kick in once one is gone. It is almost if someone programmed these functions and then released it everywhere.

UPDATE:
I am making progres with the disease and I went to Dr. lerner to get lab work done. In the mean time I have tried other hollistic approaces to keep the disease from adapting. Now I am trying coconut oil. This made me feel better fairly quick. I was able to start running again. But the only problem is this sharp skewer like pain at the rioght side of the rib cage by the liver area which i have not experienced since lyme started. Is this a herx die off?

JBB

Good for you @nofuture . Glad you are making progress so quickly. Could you let us know what other holistic approaches you have tried? What doses etc?

Pain in liver could be from overburden of toxins. Many people experience pain in kidneys, it is not clear exactly what causes this but detoxing certainly brings it on for me (sauna etc).

Best wishes,

JBB

I read some research about the brain blood barrier which explains that the reason people cannot get better from diseases because the diseases get inside it and conventional ways of taking medicine do not allow this to happen. In the nose there is tissue that can do this.I tried putting coconut oil in my left nostril and let it sit there while lying down which my chin up for 20 minutes. Although I still relapse which i did today. I somehow still feel better and have more appetite. Maybe it takes many treatments.

JBB

I'd be very interested if you have any research about tissues in the nose allowing medication past the BBB @nofuture ? BBB is definitely a problem in Lyme although some medications can get through.

You said colloidal silver was helping a lot...is it still?

Best wishes,

JBB