• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

0 correct on free VCS test?

OMG either I have some serious biotoxins, or I am doing something wrong!

Are there any tips or tricks I should know about - I was unable to read the instructions from the specified 48" away from the screen (had to move in to read then out to do test).

The box just looked black to me the whole time - I never saw ANY lines!

I am about to look in to Shoemaker protocol at my GP's suggestion. I definitely have mould in the home, and have had 2 tick bites in the past.

I am pretty much housebound at the moment, POTS is bad, racing heart with the slightest exertion.

I have the script for cholestyrmine (sp?) but from what I can make out through brain fog I need to remediate the house first (or move house!! no idea how I could do that in this condition!).

Thanks if anyone has any tips/thoughts.

PS: I had a blessed 2 year remission from this where I was still living in the same house . . .

Valentijn

I don't take that "test" seriously. The biggest factor for me is the screen used and the angle it's at.

oh really . . . thanks Valentijn and Sushi - seems as though that test not worth much if it is so easy to get different results!!!

In the meantime I went to Dr Shoemaker's site and did the paid test. That specified 18" away from the screen (as opposed to the other test's 48"!).

On the 'official' test I passed in one eye and failed in the other. Wondering whether that is related to the fact that I have different powers in my contact lenses for each eye (long sighted with astigmatysm sp?) and one eye is used more for reading and the other for distance.

Anyway, it would appear the VCS test not a great diagnostic tool.