Invest in ME Conference 12: First Class in Every Way
OverTheHills wraps up our series of articles on this year's 12th Invest in ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London with some reflections on her experience as a patient attending the conference for the first time.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

‪#‎MEAction‬ is broken and needs a Wordpress 'ninja' to help them

Discussion in 'Action Alerts and Advocacy' started by AndyPR, Apr 15, 2016.

1. AndyPR

AndyPR Senior Member

From their Facebook page

I know nothing more than this, please contact them direct if you can help.

2. JaimeS

JaimeS Senior Member

Mid-Ohio Valley, United States
    *GG*, BurnA and AndyPR like this.
  3. *GG*

*GG* Senior Member

Concord, NH
    AndyPandy, JaimeS and Sasha like this.
  4. JaimeS

JaimeS Senior Member

Thank you so much, @ggingues -- we really appreciate it! :balloons::lol::balloons:

actup likes this.
  5. Luther Blissett

Luther Blissett Senior Member

Yorkshire, England
    In keeping with internet traditions, do I have to be the one to write 'fark you wordpress'?

Hope it's sorted soon.

actup and JaimeS like this.
  6. Mark

Mark Former CEO

Sofa, UK
    Actually I wouldn't blame Wordpress, this sort of thing is inevitable on any platform if you don't have test environments to try out updates before deploying them live, cloud backups, a system for easily rolling back to a recent backup, etc. You may get away with it for a while but eventually it will bite you and the only question is how hard it bites. Sounds like quite a lot of work will be needed here to make the setup sustainable once the immediate problem is resolved (if it's possible to resolve it - I do hope it is).

The good news is that once you have got all that infrastructure stable, much less work is required. Nobody notices really good system stability, it gets taken for granted and complacency sets in - only the problems are noticeable. But it's worth reflecting on how stable PR is now - can anyone remember the last time we were down for more than a few minutes? That doesn't happen by magic, so it's worth noting all the hard work that wdb and Adin put in to get us to where we are.

Unfortunately this may be bad timing for everyone, because wdb will be stepping down soon and we are also about to launch our own search, fairly urgently, for a new Unix/XenForo/Wordpress Sys Admin. We will also be looking to identify commercial services that we can have on hand to step in when we don't have our own volunteer techies available in an emergency. On the other hand, it might be good timing in that it might be a good prompt for the two organisations to share some resources, which is something I would like to happen to ensure that both organisations continue to exist in the long term.

actup, Mary, Esther12 and 13 others like this.
  7. ahimsa

ahimsa Senior Member

I'd like to interrupt this thread to give a round of applause our wonderful tech support team.

:thumbsup: Bravo! :star: :trophy:

:heart: Thank you!!!! :heart:

Okay, back to the thread. I hope someone is found soon to help repair/maintain the MEAction web site. I wish I could help but most of my technical knowledge is either ancient/obsolete or forgotten.

*GG*, sarah darwins, Roy S and 3 others like this.
  8. JaimeS

JaimeS Senior Member

Thanks @ahimsa! We were able to get someone to patch it up. ;)

Thanks everyone for your well-wishes!

mango, Mel9, Bob and 2 others like this.

See more popular forum discussions.