• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

‘CFS patients feel increasingly isolated’ FemaleFirst.co.uk (Talkhealth Survey)

Firestormm

Not bad... am too tired to do this properly. But here's the ME Associations copy:

‘CFS patients feel increasingly isolated’ | FemaleFirst.co.uk | 20 September 2013

From FemaleFirst.co.uk’, 20 September 2013. Story by Taryn Davies.

Sufferers of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) are feeling increasingly isolated due to their family and friends’ lack of understanding of their condition, a study has revealed.

The study, carried out by talkhealth, one of the UK’s leading online social Health communities, revealed that a massive 70 per cent of CFS sufferers felt that their family and friends did not understand their condition and appreciate the affect it had on their lives.

Furthermore, nearly half of the respondents felt that their condition had not been taken seriously by a medical professional, adding to their feelings of isolation.

The study showed that the top five most common symptoms experienced by CFS sufferers are tiredness after exertion, un-refreshing sleep, muscle and joint pain, chronic physical exhaustion and cognitive difficulties such as memory loss...

PennyIA

What I like about it ... is that it's giving what seems to be an honest face to the condition in the media (which is too rare). I would love to think that if my loved ones read that - that they would ask me more questions about my health issues and try to learn more.