• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. M

Thoughts on Metanx. High L-Methylfolate for Neuropathy.

Even if all that was true (which it's not), how is dumping those toxins back into your bloodstream and then sweating them onto your skin better than leaving them sealed off in their fat catacombs? If my body was always so full of "toxins".. then I'd be getting myself checked out for...
  2. M

I just fancy the catchy headline. :)
  3. M

Next time you're dying of lockjaw Fredd, take some B12, and if you survive, come back and post the results on here.
  4. M

You are correct. They are not all placebo. Some of the positive reviews are probably from iherb staff.
  5. M

Benfotiamine nothing but "Snake Oil" A popular vitamin supplement is being advertised with claims that are demonstrably untrue, as revealed by research published in http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2210/8/10
  6. M

Can The Methyl Folate Trap and DHFR Cause Strong Reaction From Taking Methylfolate?

I thought that mehtylfolate and methylcobalamin were causing my symptoms after reading all the misinformation on these forums. Then I stopped taking B6 for a day, and my symptoms went away. I added b6 back in this-afternoon and BANG, the headaches and nausea returned within 30 minutes... so...
  7. M

Can The Methyl Folate Trap and DHFR Cause Strong Reaction From Taking Methylfolate?

Reactions to methylfolate could be caused either by too much methylfolate or not enough B12. Inborn errors of metabolism and enzyme dysfunction could also cause reactions to methyfolate. If lowering the methylfolate or increasing your b12 intake does not relieve symptoms, you should seek advice...
  8. M

so... B12 is better than tetanus anti-toxin? Come on Fredd... sometimes, you should read the things you write before you post them. Science has advanced considerably since the 1950's and 60's. Your information is way out of date.
  9. M

so.. testing is pointless because you just know that everyone is full of "toxins"?
  10. M

Yes, that all seems correct to me. Taking too much folate in any form can both mimic and mask symptoms of B12 defiency and anaemia. Whether or not it's directly related to the methy-folate trap is debatable because there is no clinical/pathological testing available (other than in university...
  11. M

Outbreak/Clusters: : ME/CFS & Fibromyalgia Googlemap

I looked at the map for Australia. It seems to correlate more with population density, socioeconomic status and reliable internet access than it does with the real prevalence of ME/CFS/ETC. I can see how putting yourself on map in the middle of a number of other people could make you feel...
  12. M

Keep in mind also that Mentanx® is prescribed for diabetic peripheral neuropathy, so the dosages given in trials may not be relevant to your personal situation. Also, the formulation is propriety so the bioavailabilty, delivery, efficacy and drug interactions profile will be different compared...
  13. M

Could you please be more specific. What exactly are these "toxins" that you refer to? Do they have names and how do you know that they are "coming out"? When you sent your urine or blood to the pathology lab and asked for a toxicology screen, what were the results?
  14. M

DIY METHYLFOLATE FACTORY

I know of other ways to pimp your eggs to increase the quantity of calcium, carotenoids, vitamin D, vitamin E, (DHA's) omega-3 and omega 6, and PUFA's, iodine, fluorine, manganese, selenium, vitamins-B, ginseng and Conjugated Linoleic Acids, however I'm really interested in finding ways of...
  15. M

DIY METHYLFOLATE FACTORY

Did you know that it's possible to make your own low cost methylfolate supplements at home? All you need are a few simple ingredients, some chickens and 5 minutes per day. Step 1: Gather all your unused FOLIC ACID tablets or visit everyone you know and confiscate all their bottles of folic...
  16. M

Slow methylator? Methyl B12 intolerance?

i forget to mention that I had been sleeping much better since taking a multi-B supplement, but the methyl-B caused terrible insomnia last night, maybe because I took it in the mornings and it made me feel drowsy all day. I was falling asleep at 6pm when I usually get sleepy about 10pm, however...
  17. M

Slow methylator? Methyl B12 intolerance?

Taking Jarrow methylcobalamin 1000mg for two days made me feel like I'd just spent a big night out at a dodgy chinese restaurant. I woke up on the third day feeling like I have MSG poisoning. Is that what is meant by excitotoxicity ?