• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. S

Coffee Enemas!!

Gastrointestinal Quackery: Colonics, Laxatives, and More Proctocolitis Caused by Coffee Enemas Colonic irrigation and the theory of autointoxication: a triumph of ignorance over science. Starbutts, or: How is it still a thing that people are shooting coffee up their nether regions?
  2. S

Welfare Worries: Expert quotes to explain that GP's & Hospital can't help Severe Bedridden patients

Some quotes I pulled for you from the Institute of Medicine's report on ME/CFS. Some of it is redundant so just pick out the ones you like most. I highlighted in purple the quotes I personally liked best. It's hard to find quotes from mainstream experts about severe bedridden ME/CFS patients...
  3. S

Welfare Worries: Expert quotes to explain that GP's & Hospital can't help Severe Bedridden patients

From the National Institutes of Health: From a 2014 article in Stanford Medicine magazine: And here are two sites illustrating how hard it is to get funding for ME/CFS research. Both sites ask(ed) for donations. The End ME/CFS Project: a collaborative research project led by...
  4. S

Harvard Trained Immunologist Demolishes CA Legislation That Terminates Vax Exemptions 2016 Circle of

I will reply to the other stuff later but I just wanted to quickly respond to the following comment: Jeffrey Kluger wrote an excellent article for TIME explaining how the vaccine injury court works and it shows how, if anything, the numbers prove that vaccines really are as safe as the health...
  5. S

Harvard Trained Immunologist Demolishes CA Legislation That Terminates Vax Exemptions 2016 Circle of

That's not what I meant by "too much at stake". You are agreeing with me while at the same time arguing the exact opposite of what I said. So no, we don't agree. Sometimes I wonder if you even bother reading my posts... I cited the CDC because they set the U.S. childhood immunization schedule...
  6. S

Please go back and read both of my posts again. It should have been obvious that I was trying to point out that anti-vaxxers like Obukhanych use faulty reasoning (i.e., errors in logic) to justify their scientifically untenable positions. The point I am trying to make essentially boils down to...
  7. S

If a theory/argument has no scientific basis, I think it's fair to call it a myth. Here is how two different dictionaries define the word 'myth': 1. an idea or story that is believed by many people but that is not true (Merriam-Webster) 2. a widely held but false belief or idea (Oxford) But if...
  8. S

A more accurate title would be: Immunologist who was once a postdoc at Harvard perpetuates myths promoted by anti-vaccination movement, attempts to back up claims with scientific evidence by pulling quotes from various sources that do not actually support her conclusions. Vaccination at its...