• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. S

Anyone fancy a plastic cuppa?

Good to see this in the MSM,hopefully something might change :):( (was in the news today,remembered this thread) http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2376032/Could-cheap-tea-bags-make-ill-Study-reveals-contain-high-fluoride-levels-damage-teeth-bones-muscles.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
  2. S

Weird muscle 'gentle spasm' in upper back when relaxing - what is it?

Nice one Sasha.Sorry i couldnt be of more help. 'Myoclonus' sounds about right:) Wiki :Rarely does myoclonus indicate anything other than arbitrary muscle contraction. Myoclonus may develop in response to infection
  3. S

Weird muscle 'gentle spasm' in upper back when relaxing - what is it?

Had this happen for years.Mostly in my left bicep.And lower back/ tail bone area. (My whole body will jump when in bed trying to sleep sometimes.) This also happens around my heart area.But after its stopped i always feel slightly better. So i dont worry about it to much. Could be the body...
  4. S

when a juice fast has positive effects

I tryed this(some years ago now)felt good for a short time.But no great improvement. Enjoyed doing it though.I dont have my juicer anymore,wish i did. Couple of Carrots with a thumb sized piece of ginger was my favourite.Yum I drink a level tsp of wheatgrass powder in water every day...
  5. S

The Latest UK Crop Circle Photos

August 2012 i've enjoyed reading this thread Wayne (and all) thanks:)
  6. S

Famous (and sort of famous) ME/CFS sufferers

rosie26 This might interest you, post number 2 :) http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/michael-crawford-speaks-about-having-me.15136/#post-246292
  7. S

Dark Chocolate - Not cool

Im on 85%,cut down to two squares a day now,as i think it might have been causing my migraines.
  8. S

Homeopathic Arnica

Hi golden.That sounds interesting.Will look up Arnica.I have used it on a :cat: in the past. But cant remember much about it now.. Also found interesting that your Asyra treatment brought up Brain diseases? I have long thought from listening to my body throughout this illness,that there is...
  9. S

This may sound hokey..Rife Machine for CFS

Been enjoying readng this thread:) Im interested too. Like Greg Braden Jarod : )
  10. S

Did my supermarket shopping on- line

That sounds a good idea. I know what you mean about queuing up for things.Its one of the worst for me. I can feel every bit of energy drain from me,if its to long.
  11. S

Suitable 'sunlight' lamp to boost Vitamin D?

Youve sparked my interest this again:) I know what you mean its confusing.Ive just been looking at full spectrum lamps on amazon. Lamp or bulb.I dont know.
  12. S

Suitable 'sunlight' lamp to boost Vitamin D?

Hi.I to am pretty much house bound.And i hate having to take more supplements.I use cod liver oil in the winter for a boost.It has good amounts of Vitamin D,but maybe not the amounts your looking for. I looked into these lights before,but cant remember where i saved it. not sure if this is...
  13. S

Headaches.

Hi Fuzzy.Yes i do get very bad migraines,every other day at its worst. Went for an Mri scan around 2000. I was worried too,waiting for the results - thinking the worst. But it was OK !:) Its a symptom im still getting now.But not as bad. Hope things work out well.
  14. S

How To Differentiate Spiritual Awakening From Depression...

Differentiate Spiritual Awakening from Depression? Depression could be an early symptom of a Spiritual Awakening You are becoming conscious of being unconscious. But i think if you are switched on to whats happening ,they are very different..
  15. S

Quick help for headache/migraine !!

I have been trying out Barefoot earthing recently(for about 2weeks now).And since doing this the amount of migraines ive been getting have droped considerably.I dont know if this is just a coincidence yet. But BFE is said to help.(i sit under the trees out the back, bare feet on the dirt for...
  16. S

Havnt looked into this any further yet (got brain fog today) but will tonight. The video i was watching used a combination of Acupressure & EMDR.I think i was confusing the two. But from a quick look at your link (much appreciated) EMDR is - eye movement desensitisation and reprocessing ? atb
  17. S

Thanks snowathlete:) Ive been looking into it since my post,looks like its related Acupressure.(at least what ive learned so far) Found some interesting videos showing some of the pressure points. Going to experiment with it.Not really up to going to a conference at the moment. I hate having to...
  18. S

Good Thread Elizabeth ! Hi snowathlete,hope you dont mind me asking,this sounds interesting.I too get very bad Migraines,every other day sometimes.Tried many things. Is this it here http://emdrresolutions.webs.com/headachesmigraines.htm
  19. S

Homeopathy and other things.....

This was some years ago now / Trying Homeopathy.As said before i was experimenting with HHV (6 i think). I did get a negative reaction,but it felt controllable.It was certainly not like the dangerous side effects of SOME drugs. The negative reaction may have been down to the wrong remedy. Or i...
  20. S

The man who quit $ to live in a cave

This is along the same lines. I remember watching this series on tv,was fun. Sometimes i wonder if i was born out of time or something. But i guess its easy to romanticise about the past. Frontier House Episode01 : Some modern folks go back and live the old ways of the Pioneer/frontier people...
  21. S

I try to remain open to different treatments,as i know there is more to this life than what science can prove. Have tryed Homeopathy and i did get a negative effect,and some other strange things going on. I was experimenting with homeopathy at the time with individual HHV remedys. I know that...
  22. S

Photographs of CFS

Dont know if this is any good to you.(You could put more suffering in it,with some added text)
  23. S

Photographs of CFS

:rofl: :rofl: ribbit
  24. S

Photographs of CFS

Know this dosnt help with the photograph question But just wanted to add,as Taniaaust1 said on my worst, confused,brain fog days others can see it written all over my face. I could see it in that guy Wayne..
  25. S

Photographs of CFS

Great thread I get up in the morning most days and look in the morror only to see my usual M.E / looking like cr~p self. Put occasionally i get up and look in the mirror and see the old me. But no one else can see those changes, only me. Dont think its possible for a picture to show the torment...
  26. S

Tree hugging now scientifically validated

Ive got two big trees about 2 meters away from the back door.I enjoy sitting under them.. I enjoyed your beach shot by the way.looks great. Used to live by the sea,i know what you mean,theres nothing better than walking along the beach on a big windy day.
  27. S

Tree hugging now scientifically validated

Hi folks.I found the below article interesting.. So i dont have to feel strange about hugging trees anymore:)Great! If trees can alleviate headaches(as the below article suggests)i am going to try spending more time near trees.As i get very bad migraines. "So what is it about nature that...
  28. S

+1 for homeopathy working.I tryed it for HHV6, and some others. It bowled me over, & i felt awful.Took me weeks to recover. So i know from this there is value in homeopathy.
  29. S

The man who quit $ to live in a cave

I don't think i would want to give up money 100% and live like cave man Daniel Suelo,i would at least like a small Shed or a Teepee. And some tooth paste!. But i do admire what hes trying to do.. Before i came down with this illness in around 99 i was working hard trying to save up enough money...