• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Inspired

Slurred speech/dysarthria

Wow, Helencz - your symptoms sound so much like mine 2 years ago. It was a challenge to diagnose..they symptoms appeared to be caused by a lesion in the pons (part of the brainstem). Other conditions had to be ruled out, such as myasthenia gravis & Lyme. You mentioned that your doctor doesn't...
  2. Inspired

Weird neurological symptoms

@optimist, There definitely were foods that made me feel hyper. This included raw kale, hemp protein powder, grains, methyl folate supplement... Good luck with your investigation. I wish you lots of patience.
  3. Inspired

@optimist, very interesting that doc called you back. Let us know what happens at your appointment...
  4. Inspired

Riding in car causes draining fatigue.

I'm glad you mentioned this , Sue. This was an issue I used to have riding in the car, especially on the highway, or riding on the train. It was helpful to stare at a fixed point on the dashboard. Boring, but it helped :)
  5. Inspired

Optimist, thanks for sharing the video. I experienced several of the symptoms you described. I remember researching and finding many possible causes. My symptoms matched several conditions (I had many symptoms in addition to what you listed). I channeled my inner Nancy Drew meets...
  6. Inspired

Nutreval Interpretation Guide

Caledonia, thank you so much--that is a fantastic document!
  7. Inspired

Nutreval Interpretation Guide

Lynne, MetaMetrix labs says, "High urinary excretion of 3-methylhistidine indicates active catabolism of muscle and is a marker for skeletal muscle breakdown"