• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. end

Creepy crawly skin?

@Mark Could you please link the thread on tight junctions of the skin?? The one posted d
  2. end

The Wonders of Prebiotics

You have evidence on YOUR OWN THREAD by a CFS/MEer stating that PREbiotics were detrimental to her health, which you have chosen to ignore: Posted by @Star-Anise "I have tried psyllium & don't respond well. I get very gassy & increased malaise with bloating as well, with none of the positive...
  3. end

http://mdheal.org/articles/word2/gastrointestinalisorder2.htm "Fiber supplements have complex effects on gut permeability and bacterial composition. Low fiber diets increase permeability. Dietary supplementation with insoluble fiber, such as pure cellulose, decreases permeability. Dietary...
  4. end

@Hip I think your missing the point. Those with a high pathogenic load(dysbiosis)WILL experience negative effects when supplementing with PREbiotics(ANY TYPE). @Star-Anise on this very thread is a perfect example!!! --> doubting Dr McBride's advise is unwise. GAPS/pre/probiotics is all she...
  5. end

@Star-Anise "I have tried psyllium & don't respond well. I get very gassy & increased malaise with bloating as well, with none of the positive effects." ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The PREbiotics can be causing these...
  6. end

http://gapsaustralia.com.au/bio-kult/ "[A: There seems to be a trend engaging the market for prebiotics or probiotics with prebiotics contained within them. In light of this, Dr Natasha advises that prebiotics generally feed pathogens as well as beneficial microbes and that is why they are on...
  7. end

Detection of Mycotoxins in Patients with CFS

Does anyone find oral itraconazole and less so fluconazole cause an increase in dyspepsia/nausea?
  8. end

@Hip I understand the various definition's of "prebiotics" *What I am outlining is that the GAPS nutritional protocol by Dr Natasha Campbell-McBride PROHIBITS them ie inulin - I recall specifically. I guess one persons definition, does not always reflect another's. Hip, like the L-Glutamine...
  9. end

As Dr Natasha Campbell-McBride has stated in her book many times is that prebiotics feed both the good and the bad bacteria in the GUT, so depending on exactly what your colonised with when supplementing prebiotics will determine your results. Negative effects would probably indicate a high...
  10. end

Is Genital Candida related to Candida in the gut?

I get similar symptoms, especially the man bits affected, however no discharge. I find they correlate with my GI symptoms, also less visible when on antifungals, I think the GUT candida "feeds" the genital infection. I also have the weird "skin type athlete's foot" infection that comes and...
  11. end

Detection of Mycotoxins in Patients with CFS

There was no mold smells where my ftiend with CFS once lived yet there was severe black mild growth in the walls and subspace. Toxic crap.
  12. end

Fixing Leaky Gut Helps ME/CFS, and Sometimes Achieves Full Remission

@Sinclair I am both glad and not glad :) that there are several others who can NOT tolerate Glutamine in powder form, like myself. EC Glutamine is fine. Not sure if your suspected Enterovirus infection and my confirmed Enterovirus infection via VP1 Protein stain(Dr John Chia)shares any sort of...
  13. end

Looking for a good doctor in Brisbane

Page 1 "Postings on EMR above are too lengthy and off topic. Re Emerson. I have had dealings with him. He is very business-like, but sympathetic to the symptoms presented by cfs patients. He is also focussed. He will do very specific testing, including the right Vit D, etc. However, in my...
  14. end

Long Term Effects Of Mold VOC exposure?

So Lisa in other words there is nothing my friend can do apart from Mold avoidance and Detox for his symptoms? Primarily being: "trying to hold the breath, discomfort, or through sensations such as itching, burning, and skin crawling." He has recently seen some one in Queensland who...
  15. end

Probiotics - die off vs whats not agreeing with your body

@kracken LGG is the best strain I have found. Other strains I have trialed have caused problems(including VSL3)as MOST PROBIOTICS INCREASE LACTATE blood levels. Good luck.
  16. end

Burning skin - does anyone have something similar?

Check out this thread: http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/long-term-effects-of-mold-voc-exposure.33241/ "Burning skin" is one of the effects of Mold/Chemical VOC exposure. "The sensory and motor nerves respond to pungency by trying to hold the breath, discomfort, or through...
  17. end

Does Tramadol damage your gut?

Tramadol also interacts with almost all antidepressants as it stops/slows the break down of serotonin = Serotonin Sydrome potentially fatal Also elicits a histamine response in 30% of the patients who use it I speak from personal ER experience
  18. end

I have actually used CSM in the past which strangely enough calmed me down a LOT! I think the absorption of neurotoxins that CSM elicits reduces the neurotoxicity on our CNS/brain. He is currently using Chlorella and Fish oil as it apparently works like CSM with out the supplement absorption...
  19. end

Enterovirus and treatments

"Dr Chia describes this enterovirus double-stranded RNA as the the "seeds" of this non-cytolytic intracellular infection. Seeds are very hardy, and you can destroy a plant, but it can regrow again from its hardy seeds. Likewise, the double-stranded RNA is very hardy, and may be involved in the...
  20. end

Completely eliminated my severe anxiety symptoms with three supplements!

Not sure. But in Australia most food grade Turmeric is irradiated by the Government body's AQIS/Customs when coming through the border. I completely agree that whole Turmeric has cofactors for better utilisation by the body.
  21. end

Enteroviruses - revisited

IVI C @ 60grams+ has been helpful in some with EV(myself included)however it is cost prohibitive. Around $200 per infusion.
  22. end

I am posting this on behalf of a friend. He spent 3 years in a unit complex which had NO visible mold signs, although the INSIDE of the timber/drywall walls were infested with Mold! As he suffered at that premises he now suffers at any premises with ANY VOC! - new paint, carpet, MDF kitchens...
  23. end

Bone marrow, interferon inducers, immunovir, cycloferon.

Will email you heapsreal. Yes. Immunovir Quercetine & IMI GSH has been very helpfull.
  24. end

I think that's why Chia prefers tissue biopsies, much more reliable.
  25. end

@Hip is correct. Nitazoxanide had NO effect when I trialled it. It is not mentioned on the Enterovirusfoundations website either. I find immunovir alone helpful - recomended by the EV foundation. Quercetine another - recomended by the EV foundation. My friend who also has EV has found the...
  26. end

Woo!! Finally got Metametrix results! Now what??

On the subject of Lactobacillus. Some of us have D-Lactate issues(like me)and can only use the NON Lactate producing probiotic strains. Lacto GG or Rhamnosus is my favourite so far, has also been shown to reduce allergic reactions and/or eczema and increase SIgA levels
  27. end

High-Dose Selenium Significantly Improves My Fatigue and Brain Fog

"Zinc, Selenium, Potassium, Glutamine, Calcium & Magnesium - These are important in fighting off viral infections." -Just because Se did nothing for you like you outlined, it does not mean Se isn't important or won't help others with recently diagnosed EV infections KDM in the past has...
  28. end

Herbals as an alternative to Xifaxan for SIBO

Good find! It's not very common botanicals are put in a study like this 'Bactrex' is another product by Metagenics also used for SIBO/SIFO Of note Dr Chia has mentioned many times that these 'overgrowths' seen in CFS/ME patients is usually a direct result of Enterovirus infection in the GUT
  29. end

All I could offer as a possible explanation is Se acts as an antibiofilm agent(there is current research indicating Se coating implanted devises drastically reduce biofilm formation) The break down of pathogenic biofilms usually results in a herx reaction which seems to mirror what you relay??
  30. end

@Hip maybe our similarities in infection type has something to do with us reacting in a similar manner to Se? As I understand Dr Chia has read your website and believes you have an Enterovirus/s and like you know I have had Dr Chia's VP1 Enterovirus test come in as Strongly Positive