• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. L

Tagamet (cimetidine) for CFIDS (worked for me)

ps: i've had to go back to work a week earlier than i should and it's been reallt stressful. i feel as though i have the flu, but it's not exactly that. cold, achy, sore throat...
  2. L

hi faith hope, i posted a general question the other day about how what could be an advisable dosage of tagametto take... but as it's pretty urgent for me and i haven't seen any responses of yet, i thought you might be the right person to ask. it's been about two weeks now since i had a flare up...
  3. L

Regarding that last post I wrote on tagamet: I've got the 200 mg tabs. I've even seen posts from folks who suggest taking a half tab a day, so I see there are a lot of options. Also, I wanted to ask if there's a better time to take them re: food intake, etc.
  4. L

I have a general question about how much tagamet it's advisable to take when recuperating from shingles. The suggestion of 3 tabs throughout the day, then 2 before bed turned out to be way too much as I got intense lower intestinal cramping with a consipation/diarrhea which lasted for hours...
  5. L

hi julius, i read this post of yours about taking tagamet in lower doses, and i was wondering what range that lower dose might be. I'm recovering from shingles, and had read just about everywhere that i should take tagamet 3 tabs a day then 2 at bedtime, but i got horrible intestinal pains with...