• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. C

Gestalt's Genova, 23andMe & Yasko Methylation genetic results

Hey kday if you could put a mention that you got your SNP info from my spreadsheet, that would make me happy. I put a lot of time into that thing. Thanks
  2. C

Hey! I did see she had changed the way she was reporting the VDR, but I did not look into it more tbh. She used to test 3 different VDR; Bsm/Taq, Taq and Fok I. She stopped testing for VDR taq and when she dropped it, I removed it from the spreadsheet keeping the original VDR "Bsm/Taq" SNP on...
  3. C

Hey Gestalt, I just saw this thread now. I'm glad the spreadsheet has been helpful and most importantly the results matched up when you got the Yasko test done. Thanks for posting all of this. Edit: I had been accused on here by someone will I will not name but has posted in this thread, that...
  4. C

Is Yasko's Nutrigenomics Panel enough?

Everything you said in this paragraph is false and why I originally replied to you. I explained exactly why what you said was not accurate. I listed the SNP's that 23andme does not report on at the moment and explained that you can in fact search for the genes you say 23andme does not test for...
  5. C

Wow I feel really bad for you. You like attacking those of us just trying to help out. I'm only trying to help others get as much info from their 23andme data as possible. People are going to get tested through 23andme because it is cheaper than Yasko. That's just the truth of it. As I make my...
  6. C

Sorry Greenshots, but there are just so many inaccuracies and assumptions in your posts, so I have to question everything you are writing now. I don't quite understand how getting the 23andme testing done is questioning Yasko or in some way an affront to you? If you don't want to use your...
  7. C

There are so many inaccuracies in your post, I felt the need to log in here and reply to clear some of this up. Yasko only picks a few SNP's from various genes and that's it. Meanwhile there are hundreds of SNP's located on these same genes that 23andme does test for. It is true that 23andme...
  8. C

Vasopressin - Bingo

I took DDAVP for about a year without much difference. I decided the risk of hyponatremia wasn't worth continuing it, but I hope you get improvements!!
  9. C

Let's Explore Other SNP's (APOE Status, Liver pathways etc) Feel free to add!

My results I am APOE E3/E3 rs429358 TT rs7412 CC CYP1A2 rs762551 CC=Slow metabolism CYP2C9*2 rs1799853 CC=Normal metabolism CYP2C9*3 rs1057910 AC=Intermediate metabolism CYP2D6 rs1135840 CC=Normal Metabolism CYP2D6 rs16947 GG=Normal Metabolism NAT2 Rs1495741 AA=Slow metabolism...
  10. C

Let's Explore Other SNP's (APOE Status, Liver pathways etc) Feel free to add!

Hey everyone! All of you who have tested through 23andme or any other genotyping or genome sequencing company, will be able to participate in this thread. :) I'm still learning this stuff, so bear with me. I feel we need to take a deeper look into our raw data and start collecting SNP's that...
  11. C

Extract SNPs from 23andme data to yasko/nutrigenomics notation

I started working on the new thread, offline for now until I get everything together. If you can think of any SNP's you want added, let me know! For now I'm focusing on things like liver pathways, APOE status and whatever else I think is interesting. I want to do more research and add collagen...
  12. C

I'm just so glad to see others questioning these things. It's a sigh of relief to be honest. :) My results are patient 1 on the spreadsheet and none of mine are really all that rare or concerning to me. I guess the double ++ COMT is somewhat interesting and probably explains why I'm jumpy, "type...
  13. C

I made this spreadsheet in google docs that might be helpful to those with 23andme data. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0As5xqg3KuimidDZVRWxKa1gwS0p2a2ZhcnlGSGhPUnc I took the Rs ID's from the other genetable provided in this thread and then translated the letters into what...
  14. C

Need help with genetic test results

Sorry I forgot to check back! I found this on openSNP.org. There are other more technical websites that show frequency numbers of these genotypes too. I think Hapmap is the name of one of them.
  15. C

Need help with genetic test results

I just got tested through 23andme and that's pretty much how I feel about the whole thing...haha! Some of the specific formulas she says to take are quite expensive IMO. I'm still quite skeptical of the whole thing. My plan is to start going through and looking at the frequency of some of these...
  16. C

Heavy Metals

It seems like you are paying an awful lot for your DMPS. I'm paying about ~$2.80 for 50mg pills. If you want the name of the pharmacy I'll PM you. What were/are your worst symptoms if you don't mind me asking. :cheeky grin:
  17. C

Heavy Metals

Catseye that is great to hear! I also am having positive effects from using oral DMPS. This is the first time in 11 years I have felt optimistic about anything I've tried for my health and I am so excited to hear someone else having good effects from it too. I had tried DMSA, chlorella and other...
  18. C

Question regarding 'fasting' adrenal blood test...?

Of course your levels would be low if you are self-treating. You did the test before taking your AM dose and the HC you took the night before is out of your system by morning. This is why some Addison's patients, set an alarm about an hour before they get up for the day to take their first dose...
  19. C

Adrenalin and Stress Trigger my POTS

I disagree there is a "major link" between adrenal problems and OI/POTS. Lots of people theorize and say there is a link, yet how many people have actually been CURED by going on "adrenal support". I'm not interested in those that are "sort of better", I mean a true honest to goodness cure by...
  20. C

How do I know if I am allergic to gluten or any other foods?

I'm not sure if it was mentioned, but if you go gluten free it is all or nothing. You can't go to a fast food restaurant and order a hamburger and simply take the bun off and call that a gluten free diet. You must treat gluten as if it were e-coli or raw chicken. If there's any way gluten...
  21. C

Lost in the World? The Romberg Test Poll

I didn't have any problems at all standing with my eyes closed. I have POTS too.
  22. C

Husband's NutrEval Test Results!

Since I had one done and it showed a lot of issues, my husband decided to have one done too. My husband's main symptoms are POTS and fatigue with a lot of digestive problems (constipation). He is on a restricted diet (no gluten, egg, wheat, barley, oats and more ). If anyone has any...
  23. C

Study comparing Anorexia Nervosa, CFS and healthy controls! -Trudie Chalder an author

Hmm interesting. I've come across quite a few people with eating habits similar to an anorexic, but I don't think they even realized what they were doing was weird. Perhaps you are right though and that's not true anorexia. Perhaps the difference is that I first got sick when I was 16...
  24. C

Study comparing Anorexia Nervosa, CFS and healthy controls! -Trudie Chalder an author

I can't really comment on the complexity of the study, but as someone who suffered from anorexia for many many years, I've always wondered if there was a connection. I got sick first, then diagnosed with EBV within a few months. A few months after that is when the anorexia and weird...
  25. C

NutrEval Test Results: Help!

I was reading Dr. Cutler's book and he specifically says not to take this if your Cysteine is high, which mine was....AHH! I starting to think I have a major sulfur issue. The thought of going on a sulfur exclusion diet along with my other dietary restrictions makes me want to cry. I...
  26. C

What Is Your Body Temperature? Rethinking 98.6

I overheat very easily. If I am in a warm room or outside during the summer, my temperature can hit 99.6+ degrees. My body has a hard time keeping cool and my temperature regulation is messed up.
  27. C

I looked up the paleo diet and I guess we eat something very close to that, but I never thought it had a name. I haven't eaten out at a restaurant of any type for over a year. No fast food, no take out, no convenience store foods of any type. The worst thing I eat are potato chips and I...
  28. C

The allergy test I had done listed a TON of foods. I'm not sure exactly what foods ALCAT test but mine was an IgG test that checked for about 80+ foods. If I were to get rid of everything I reacted to, I have no idea what I'd eat. It really is that bad...:Retro eek: Basically I took all of the...
  29. C

There are many many reasons as to why someone can have "POTS". The problem is that so many people are grouped into that category. There is an entire write up on this very site, which breaks down the different types, subsets and potential causes nicely. There is also dinet.org which I'm sure...