• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. B

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Hey Fred, I didn't want to alarm you, what I meant to say was that I can tolerate the brain fog and a mild headache if from the b12 if that's whats going to happen initially happen till I include the right things. I haven't had anything any real negative effects from b12 as far as detox or...
  2. B

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Well sulfur rich veggies such as broccolii and cauli are very high in glutathione precurser so I'd imagine thats what they are doing too me, but who knows. I dont eat them very often because of these reactions I get. I cook the hell out of them too. I'm going to give b12 another shot, so ill...
  3. B

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Thank you for that fred, So what youre saying is that taking glutahione precursers deplete b12 and methylfolate.. Even crucifierous veggies? It actually makes sense to me because when I eat them my hair starts to fall out and I feel worse.. Same goes with taking Whey.. I guess the point is to...
  4. B

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Hi Fred, I am not taking adocbl or L-carnitine just enzymatic methl b12, but I havent even taken that in a few weeks because of the brain fog.. . I have been taking a little bit of NAC in spurts, and it seemed to make me kind of gassy and gave me some hair loss.. I do have acetyl S glutahione...
  5. B

B-12 - The Hidden Story

hey Fred, Everytime I try to incorporate methyl b12 into my regimen, It gives me brain fog and a mild headache.. why could this be? I'm currently taking 2-3mg of methylfolate.. and just incorporated thorne B complex, and SAMe... I clearly have low methylfolate per my methylation pathway...
  6. B

23 and Me Results- Thoughts?

Ah, okay thanks a lot for clearing that up! Hopefully this will help. thanks!
  7. B

How come with no b12? I actually think b12 might have been giving me the headache now that I think back..
  8. B

okay so is it fair to say that the headaches that methylfolate is giving me, related to detox then? I took it for a few days then backed off because I wasnt sure if I needed to be taking it.
  9. B

Hello, I have received my methylation pathways panel.. recommendations would be helpful... thanks! Glutathione oxidased- 0.36 (0.16-0.50) Glutathione reduced- 2.9 (3.8-5.5) S-andeosylmethionine 220 (221-256) S-adenosylhomosysteine 38.4 (38-49) 5 CH3-THF 10.4 (8.4-72.6) 10 formyl-THF 1.2...
  10. B

Methylation Pathways Test Results- Advice?

Hello, Here are my results for my methylation pathways test... Some advice would be appreciated. Glutathione oxidased- 0.36 (0.16-0.50) Glutathione reduced- 2.9 (3.8-5.5) S-andeosylmethionine 220 (221-256) S-adenosylhomosysteine 38.4 (38-49) 5 CH3-THF 10.4 (8.4-72.6) 10...
  11. B

Thanks Kday, I plan on incorporating whey, S-Acetyl-Glutathione, and coffee enemas to boost glutathione along w/ methylation support.. I feel like throwing the kitchen sink at this thing is the best option.. And you're right, I really don't care how or what specficially is a working, just as...
  12. B

Revised Simplified Methylation Protocol (August 25, 2012 Revision)

I actually don't have any bh4 mutations. All my mutations can be found here: http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/23-and-me-results-thoughts.24966/page-2#post-383790
  13. B

Interesting because I get no response from methyfolate/b12 and I mthfr c677 and a12.. they do give me a lil bit of a headache and some brain fog.. idk if thats detox or... what.. but I'm planning to add SAG into the mix to see if it can mix things up a bit..
  14. B

I remember reading a story where someone tried it and it induced such a detox effect that it severely poisoned them... Im not so much worried about that happening to me. I'm sure i have some toxins, but im not bed ridden with fatigue.. Did give you a detox effect at all upon first trying it?
  15. B

Thanks MiMi, no real gut issues just depleted glutathione... Interested to see how I react to this.. Hopefully it's positive, because I'm getting nowhere w/ methylfolate/methlyb12. Thanks again!
  16. B

Mimi, what would your recommendation be for a SAG product if I want to try it? I'm not planning in buying it bulk yet... Just want to see how I react.. thanks.
  17. B

Propecia is definitily why I got sick, I just left it out of my post.. I know another guy who recently posted in this section as well got sick from propecia as well... That is interesting that we both have the same detox gene deletion... We are actually trying to get more guys like myself to do...
  18. B

I also had thought that when supplementing glutathione, although it can raise the levels, they will taper off once stopping.
  19. B

THank you for the response KDAY, I'm a tad curious how you know I took propecia without me mentioning it in this thread? lol Tell me who you are via PM please. I actually ordered the methylation pathways test by Seeking Health.. Do you think that is an adequate test? I've been taking...
  20. B

Whats your recommendation on a hydroxo b12 brand? I've read that b12 supplements really vary as far as effectiveness and consistency... At least with the methylb12 form... but you said hydroxo may be a better route to go...
  21. B

Well that's unfortunate......
  22. B

Valetijn, Any idea how long it would take for methylfolate and b12 supplementation to take an effect for someone in my situation?? So far I havent seen much of a positive effect... I seem to have a slight mild headache on short occassions during the day that has sprung up, but nothing serious...
  23. B

"(1) I would not recommend taking additional folate beyond what is suggested above, since the various forms of folate compete with each other for absorption, and it is important to get enough of the active forms into the body. Also, it is important not to take too much folate, as mentioned...
  24. B

Thank you so much for clearing that up.
  25. B

Fair enough.. Valentijn, I do not see anything here about going on a low sulfur diet (thiol) for CBT before even doing methylfolate/b12.. It was mentioned in my genetic genie report along with addressing the gut etc etc.. I see ppl obsessing over it quite a bit here and among other places...
  26. B

Thanks Valentijn. Much appreciated! Which form of B6, the active p5p form or non-active? Sorry if that is a silly question..
  27. B

Go to geneticgenie.org and go to methylation analysis... you can figure it out from there...
  28. B

Not to offend you Caledonia but I'm well aware of different thyroid meds, leaky gut, and adrenals. I'm well versed in work of Ray Peat, and hes a hypothyroid guru.. Ive been around the block with different thyroid opinions and im well versed in every single one of them... Thats why I take LDN...
  29. B

Here is my detox report of Genetic Genie as well.. Gene & Variation rsID Alleles Result CYP1A1*2C A4889G rs1048943 TT -/- CYP1A1 m3 T3205C rs4986883 TT -/- CYP1A1 C2453A rs1799814 GG -/- CYP1A2 164A>C rs762551 AC +/- CYP1B1 L432V rs1056836 CG +/- CYP1B1 N453S rs1800440 CT +/- CYP1B1 R48G...
  30. B

Thank you, I'm looking for confirmation on that. I will wait for some of the more knowledgeable members.