• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. misskittycat

Do I really have M.E? Please help ...

Thanks, rlc Reading your post has made me feel more hopeful. I'm going to ask the doctor for an increase in Levo, as well as for blood tests for B12, iron, folate, Vitamin D. My boyfriend says he will attend the appointment with me - he is a lot more confident than me and won't take no for...
  2. misskittycat

Yes, I do have cold extremities. My feet get unbelievably cold and quite often look purple. My feet swell quite often too. Yes, I do feel light-headed sometimes, especially when I stand up, and I have fairly low blood pressure. Thanks for your reply.
  3. misskittycat

Those T3 and T4 results were taken 6 months after my initial TSH 7.55 reading. At that point my TSH had increased to 8.6, but my doctor felt the T3 and T4 were normal, and doubted that a TSH of 8.6 would make me unwell. I felt terribly unwell during that period. Two months later in March I...
  4. misskittycat

Thank you so much everyone for taking the time to reply in detail. And thank you for all the links - I’m going to read as much as I can today. I’m sure I’ll find it all useful. Reading what many of you have said, I feel that my doctor has suggested ME without fully investigating other...
  5. misskittycat

Hi everyone, I’m hoping you kind people might be able to offer some advice. I have been told I have M.E. by my doctor, but I’m not entirely sure that I agree (because I also have an under-active thyroid). My problems with chronic fatigue started 2.5 years. I woke up one day feeling utterly...