• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. T

Anyone taking PS or TMG?

So you're saying that PS is supposed to be taken in the evening? Away from food or with food?
  2. T

Anyone taking PS or TMG?

Yes, you would need test strips for measuring sulfate levels. I have Quantofix sulfate strips, I ordered them from CTL scientific but also Amazon has them. You get 100 strips.
  3. T

Anyone taking PS or TMG?

Do you take it with the meal or before a meal? We have very similar SNPs though! I'm also totally jammed at BHMT and also have both CBS genes so I'm trying to decrease my sulfates by opening up my BHMT route with TMG and PS.
  4. T

Anyone taking PS or TMG?

I've been doing PS 100mg and TMG 1000mg per day in past few days. I took my TMG with dinner and my PS right before bed time but they were causing really bad nightmares and very restless sleep. When do you think is the best time taking these 2 supplements? Has anyone tried them?
  5. T

How can I decrease sulfate urine levels?

I have both CBS bad genes mutated. A360A and C699T. I received my CTL Scientific urine sulfite and sulfate strips, and sulfate levels are between 1200 and 1600 if I test my first morning urine. I know it's recommended to have sulfate levels around 400-600 before continuing with methylation...
  6. T

Just got Metametrix ION test results back

Thanks Valentijn for the reply. I used to supplement with all of those except the active B vitamins for a while to no avail. I was actually expecting worse results and thought that something must be very off in my nutrigenomics (some severe deficiencies) which are causing my severe symptoms but...
  7. T

Just got Metametrix ION test results back

So I got these results and there are many imbalances on the results. One that looks most off is in energy production. All Citrate, Cis-aconitate, Isocitrate are very low, Pyruvate is high. My Phenylalanine/Tyrosine ratio is high, the same with Glutamic acid/Glutamine and Tryptophan/LNAA is...
  8. T

What to buy: sulfate or sulfite strips?

There are 2 different urine strips on Amazon. Which one should I buy?
  9. T

Received genetic results -- I'd really appreciate any help

Thanks for the response. Yes, you're correct that I have lots of neurological and psychiatric symptoms. Derealization, depersonalization, visual snow, brain fog, comprehension difficulties, memory issues and so on. Not to mention horrible fatigue which keeps me in bed for most part of the day...
  10. T

Thanks! Do you know what products have BH4 in them?
  11. T

Is there BH4 supplement/medicine?

I'm homozygous for MTHFR 1298 and also have almost all BHMTs homozygous & both CBS heterozygous so I'm probably very deficient in BH4 since it's not created much and what is created is used up for detoxing ammonia. Do you know if there is a BH4 supplement or a medicine or something that would...
  12. T

I've had health issues for 3 years now. Severe fatigue, brain fog, comprehension issues, dizziness and 50 other symptoms. This is why I decided to do 23andme testing. I'm still learning methylation things but to me this set of SNPs looks quite difficult. From what I understand MTHFR 1298 is...
  13. T

What tests would you do?

I joined this group in my country which offers me free shipping to Dutch lab (Vitamin Diagnostics from Netherlands) so I'd like to know if you had or would have any of the tests on this order form...
  14. T

Feeling restless but extremely fatigued at the same time

That is probably right description. I have the urge, the need to solve my health problems because I'm getting worse day by day and have "red alarm" that I need to do something asap but on the other hand I'm so, so exhausted I don't know how is this even possible when I have such a good clean...
  15. T

Feeling restless but extremely fatigued at the same time

I've been sick since 2010 and now it's getting so horrible that i can't even get out of bed. I'm extremely fatigued but at the same time can't fall asleep or can't relax. I just keep looking over websites and stuff instead i should be restful in bed. I get over 10 hours of sleep during the night...
  16. T

Metametrix Stool test

Wondering if anyone took this test from Europe or somewhere else than US. Did you need a registered physician with Metametrix or could you just directly order it from Metametrix?
  17. T

My nightmares getting worse

No problem. If I only had this symptom to worry about but there are dozens others unfortunately. Wish one day we could get a decent normal sleep like other healthy people get and not waking up like I didn't sleep for 14 hours but was working all night long.
  18. T

EU set to impose a Europe-wide ban on mercury amalgam fillings

Great! But still mercury is almost everywhere these days. Tuna which I've eaten almost every day, in smoke gushing out of coal power plants, chinese products, thermometers for measuring fever which I've broken many in my life not being aware those tiny bubbles of mercury are dangerous...
  19. T

Wow yeah I think it really must be a symptom of this disease. The same in my case it seems to me that I dream all night long and I don't get any sleep in other stages. And there is another thing that has started happening to me since I fell sick. I'm not sure if you could relate to it but still...
  20. T

Well those nightmares are probably reflection of what I'm doing throught the days. And that is trying to get healthy again. Looking for clues, researching stuff as much as my energy allows me to. So probably something that is chasing me is my disease and to where I want to get is my health and...
  21. T

Oh wow Dreambirdie this is amazing! I don't know how to do this but those dreams are bugging me every single night. Most usually running away from something and feeling 10 or 100 fold what I feel during the day. Basically CFS has conquered my dreams also. It's kind of during the day I'm often...
  22. T

I guess recurring nightmares has been my symptoms since I fell sick in 2010 but lately they have been getting worse. I often dream how I try to run away from something, how something is chasing me and I can't because I'm too fatigued. I literally feel 10 fold my numb, heavy, tired legs in my...
  23. T

Gestalt's Genova, 23andMe & Yasko Methylation genetic results

I'm just curious is there any other site like GeneticGenie to convert raw data into Yasko-like chart?
  24. T

Urine sulfate strips - Yasko vs. Ctl Scientific

Just wondering if anyone here from Europe knows where I could get those sulfate strips somewhere here? I don't want to pay overpriced shipping from US plus import taxes :( I can't find them on German or British Amazon.
  25. T

Raised B12 and folate levels

I also have very elevated both B9 and B12 in my blood even though I didn't take any supplements before blood was drawn. I'm waiting for my 23andMe results but from what I've read I believe it could mean I'm not converting B9 and B12 into bioactive form?
  26. T

Looking for a doc familiar with methylation genetics and MTHFR

Do you have any doctor to recommend? In case it's a doctor from US I'm looking to have phone consultations with him/her. Here's a nice list if you are going to any of those let me know http://www.mthfrsupport.com/find-a-practitioner.html
  27. T

I am booked in to see Prof. de Meirleir in January

Yes, Sushi, Lyme can be also carried by mosquitoes, fleas, flies, and it's also theorized it can be transmitted through intercourse.. You can get it also congenitally. cigana how are you being treated for Lyme?
  28. T

Great News - 23andme is only $99!

One question. Does 23andMe perform the methylation panel for $99?? I'm not able to find it on their website. I only see they perform ancestry tests, what diseases you're likely to get, what are you carrying to kids, and how you react to drugs. Thanks!
  29. T

I am booked in to see Prof. de Meirleir in January

Actually Lyme is for many people easy fix. I personally know some people who had chronic/late stage Lyme for years and were cured with only one month of IV antibiotics. But of course on the other hand I know people who struggle years and years with antibiotics and they don't get better. I...
  30. T

My Prof De Meirleir patient experience...

Do you know if the doctor is also knowledgeable and is treating Kryptopyrroluria, MTHFR and other genetic defects?