• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. K

Porphyria

JAH, what are your symptoms? I can't seems to get a grip on this issue. I have crazy brain fog, fatigue, chest tightness, and some crazy ache in my stomach. It messes with my entire digestive process. I tested borderline positive for porphyria by ND, but negative with MD. This is such a huge...
  2. K

Porphyria

Jah, Are you still around on this? I am also having porphyria symptoms. I have CPN and Lyme. It's very hard to find anyone who has these symptoms. If you are still on this board, I would love to chat with you about what you feel! Kim
  3. K

Roadblocks to Successful Methylation Treatment

@sadie123 I have to be honest, I am struggling tremendously. She put me on P5P, Magnesium, Molybdenum and R5P. I never got to the R5P because the Moly gave me so much trouble. She was then going to put me on Niacin and something else that I can't remember. She told me the other day that my...
  4. K

Roadblocks to Successful Methylation Treatment

This document is awesome! My ND is studying with Ben Lynch and said that I needed to deal with COMT before the MTHFR stuff. I wonder if this is newer information or maybe she just has it wrong. She said that in order to tolerate the methyls, we need to deal with COMT and MAO A. I also have...
  5. K

Power through, stop or get more testing?

I just ordered my kit! Thanks all!
  6. K

I just went on the 23 and me website. Is the 23 and me a simple saliva test? Is that what Yasko is as well? This isn't a blood draw?
  7. K

I started the Yasko simplified methylation protocol and was tested through vitamin diagnostics. When I started, the dosing was too highs, so i had to stop after 5 days. I had major anxiety, chest tightness, stomach pain, headache and muscle soreness. So I stopped and have been waiting for the...
  8. K

Any relief of detox?

Hello all, I'm new here. I've struggled with fatigue, anxiety, headaches and stomach issues for years. Last year I found out that I have Chronic Lyme. I've been in treatment for a year and recently had my methylation status checked through Vitamin Diagnostics. I was low in Glutathion...