• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Old Salt

Reducing sleep aids experiment

Avoiding all grains, no wheat, rice, oats, etc, and no sugar, made all the difference for a good nights sleep and improvement overall.
  2. Old Salt

3am wake up/adrenaline rush/pain/sweating

This is delayed food reaction! Can be very dangerous, stroke, etc. For me it is caused by wheat or citric acid. You need the Alcat reaction test. Muscle testing wasn't good enough. www.alcat.com
  3. Old Salt

Similarities between ME/CFS and MS

Shell, have tried the herbal route, such as Hawthorne, L-Carnitine, Omega 3's etc, for your heart?
  4. Old Salt

Never thirsty?

I don't get thirsty either but I drink at least a couple of pints of bottled spring water a day. Don't pee much during the day but lots at night. Better to pee a lot and replace the minerals, especially magnesium. we're all low on magnesium. Check your pulse, if it isn't steady, more minerals...
  5. Old Salt

"Toxic" or Burdened Liver without elevated Liver Enzymes?

My liver enzymes are normal, yet I have Non Alcohol Sclerosis of the liver! Found by ultra sound and confirmed by MRI.
  6. Old Salt

Kidney area pain?

I would strongly advise to take 10,000iu of vitamin D3 per day with a substantial amount of Magnesium Citrate. Good for recurring stones as well.
  7. Old Salt

Kidney area pain?

I have the same complaint. An Ultra Sound of my kidneys and liver discovered (cysts) on both. Nothing malignant yet, except for a Basil Cell carcinoma below my left eye which was removed a couple of months ago. I'm 72.
  8. Old Salt

Low Blood Volume - mine now proven by Red Cell Mass test

I was found to have non-fatal polycythemia 25 years ago. No treatment. I believe we have low blood volume to lessen the load on the heart, as a self preservation measure. It's easier to push 4 liters of fluid around, than five liters, for example. Probably, many of our symptoms are result of...
  9. Old Salt

Stool test confirmed candida,now what?

I forgot to add, with these gut issues, there are always food allergies, mostly delayed, up to 12 hours. All of mine were only found by a good operator, useing an electrodermal device and a computer. Life saver for me. Wheat is the most common, most missed, is citric acid. READ LABELS!
  10. Old Salt

Take the enzymes on an empty stomach also. Fish oil and magnesium with meals. See the web site www.enzymestuff.com
  11. Old Salt

American Gut Project - Anthrophology of Microbes

The site www.enzymestuff.com claims the protocol using digestive enzymes before and in between meals can alleviate the symptoms of CFS and many degenerative diseases, including autism. I've tried it for a few days and it has already mitigated my terrible food reactions to wheat. I don't have...
  12. Old Salt

Lyme Disease - Is it a subset of CFS/ME - MUST Reading

Having lived with this disease for 40 years, I believe you hit the nail on the head. I'm trying a Digestive Enzyme protocol. It's helping already!
  13. Old Salt

Worse year by year

Hello Catherine, In my case,I have found the supplements, Hawthorne, fish oil and magnesium, helps with my breathing at night. I just started with diotamateuos earth, I hope for good results. I believe the symptoms of CFS are mostley from toxins in the gut. Many of us have delayed reaction to...
  14. Old Salt

Identifying Low Potassium Symptoms

The question of blood volume. Does the body lower blood volume, to lessen the load the heart has to pump?
  15. Old Salt

Weird Paradoxical Sleep Pattern

I know from many years of experience, the issue is "gut dysbiosis"! ie. toxins in the gut and when dealt with, die off is the issue. Terrible food reactions, often occur between 2 and 4 am. Wheat is a common culprit and for me, citric acid, it's in everything. Corn syrup is an enemy. The problem...
  16. Old Salt

Researchers probe link between autism and gastrointestinal problems

The medical industry, led by Big Pharma, is well aware of the potential of gut research to eventually very negatively impact their bottom line. The key to possibly all degenerative disease is in the gut.
  17. Old Salt

Tumor Necrosis Factor-alpha Inhibition Using Etanercept in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

It is said, a digestive enzyme protcol and Virastop are useful in controling CFS and autism. Any knowledge here?
  18. Old Salt

'Natural' antiretrovirals?

Have you tried Virastop or digestive enzymes? The web site www.enzymestuff.com Just about anything that kills pathogens will cause die off. We really need a die off toxin neutralizer!!!!
  19. Old Salt

KDM and sleep

I was being violently awakened between the hours of 2 and 4 am by a nightmare, with tachycardia and stomach cramps then chills for an hour. The md's had no clue. A naturopath found I was reacting to wheat and citric acid consumed during the day. He used an electric dermal device. Taking...
  20. Old Salt

CFS documentary

Lacking any difinitive test, how can you say CFS/ME isn't Lyme?
  21. Old Salt

I would get a liver ultrasound.
  22. Old Salt

Raw Thyroid Glandular

I have low body temp. below 97. My Naturopath said try adrenal gland first, as my TSH was in normal range. Also, digestive enzymes. We'll see.
  23. Old Salt

Temperature Intolerance ideas?

Does anyone have a normal afternoon body temp of 98.6? I'm always a degree lower than pre-illness. The doc says that's a non-issue.
  24. Old Salt

Vitamin D Receptor Dysfunction

When I take anything that boosts the immune system, the result is insomnia. I only take supplements in the morning, preferably before 9am. It helps. I also take "Sleep Essentials" from Swanson Vitamins at 9:30 pm.
  25. Old Salt

'Natural' antiretrovirals?

I agree. I have wondered why they haven't tried intravenous colloidal silver or peroxide? Both very antiviral and safe. No money to be made there.
  26. Old Salt

Important Discovery Exposes Autoimmune Nature of ME/CFS - HERVs Implicated

It would seem, most of the degenerative diseases would originate and emanate from the gut, as that is where most of the things enter our body, good and bad. It would also explain why the immune system also evolved mostly in the gut, to deal with this stuff. We should know much more than we do!
  27. Old Salt

New study hints at biological roots of mental and physical problems in ME/CFS

How does this explain Cluster Outbreaks and spouse to spouse transfer? I still say the answers are in the gut!
  28. Old Salt

Klimas et al Questions

Yes, the Cortisol saliva test can be ordered on line in the States (Google) but I thought it was very tricky to deal with, even if you can find someone qualified to deal with it.
  29. Old Salt

Klimas et al Questions

I assume you've done all the diet and supplement rout, as well as food reaction testing by a respected Naturalpath. Has anyone actually looked at your liver, by altrasound or MRI?
  30. Old Salt

Klimas et al Questions