• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. T

What do you eat for breakfast?

I'm trying to start a healthier lifestyle. I'm not obese or anything, but I do weigh a little more than I'd like! I can't face savoury stuff like bacon/other meat/cheese like they do in some countries in the morning. I'm more likely to go for cereals, yogurts, maybe fruits or fruit juice...
  2. T

Does anyone know the name of the newly FDA approved drug for muscle weakness?

It depends on whether or not they are making any claims that the product will treat or cure any condition. If they are, then the FDA requires: "It is the responsibility of the company seeking to market a drug to test it and submit evidence that it is safe and effective. A team of CDER...
  3. T

Has anybody tried Hydrocortisone therapy?

The main difference is strength. Hydrocortisone is only 1/4 the strength of prednisone. When taken in what are considered "phsyiologic" doses - less than what the body produces normally (37.5 mg. of cortisol/hydrocotisone per day) - it does not produce side effects like prednisone and other...