• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Mitch

Dangers of Fluoroquinolone Antibiotics (Levaquin)

I sent my internist an email, asking his opinion of the thought that this might be a "Herx" (don't know whether I should be using that word as a noun, a verb, or an adjective!) and his response was very disappointing. To paraphrase, he said that a Herx reaction is something suffered by patients...
  2. Mitch

Lyme Disease Question

Thank you to all of you for your thoughtful responses. I'll consider them all as I move ahead. Thx!
  3. Mitch

Lyme Disease Question

Sorry, but I'm new here, and couldn't figure out quite where to put this question, so I'll ask it in the "General Forum". Can anyone tell me how it is determined whether you've had Lyme Disease or not? I know, it sounds like a stupid question, and may be, but I'm confused. Some things I read...
  4. Mitch

Thanks, Wayne. I'll check them out.
  5. Mitch

Thank you for the input; I have no idea what "Herx" is, but will investigate. thanks again.
  6. Mitch

I, unfortunately, can support the hypothesis that Levaquin should not be used if you have ME/CFS. I am currently finishing a seven day regimen, prescribed for a sinus infection, and have had ME/CFS for about seven years. Right now, since starting this drug, I can barely walk. My hips ache...