• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. U

Is it a new disease or its CFS ?

Well, at this time I thing everybody has confirmed that this is not about hiv... To me is easy to distrust in docs and health authorities reading so many articules about conspiracies, biological wars, etc, etc, ... but it's what we have.... to have expectation and still thinking in hiv it's...
  2. U

Dimchik, your story is exactly the same than most of us, an exactly the same symptoms. Maybe we will be looking for our problem for long before have an answer, cause we are people from all over the world and nobody has been able to find something, using the technologies and knoledge that...
  3. U

Hi guys, I'm getting much better now. Still with some ear pain and stomach issues, but definitely better, more energy, appetite and no allergy. But I still think this is infectious, my girldfriend is feelling some of my sympthoms know. I have to clarify that I have never have sex with her...
  4. U

Wow, we share so many emotions, stories, pains, sorrows and fears.. its so good to have you guys and can share all what we feel. Nobody can help us if they dont understand what we feel, even our family sometimes they get tired to hear everyday the same shit from us, haha, well, poor of them...
  5. U

Yes, he worked with me, but not closely, but in my country we usually handshake everyday, dont know if this is enough to transmit something like this. He became ill after me. He told me that he felt fatigue and back pain and I noticed that he had always cold like me. Thats it, then my boss told...
  6. U

I got a collegue who resing 2 weeks ago because he couldnt work every day and he feels sick all the time. In other hand today I meet my ex-girlfriend and she told me she feels sick and a sence of fever, neck and back pain, etc. I cant tell her what I suffered caused I dont want to scare her and...
  7. U

I do have ibs symptoms. Im thinking we really have some inmune weakness that make us be sick all the time. And all of this coincides perfectly with CFS (ibs, headaches, fatigue, limph nodes, etc) and I guess some virus caused this in us.
  8. U

Any of you feel cold and headache all the time? I cant recover easily, got 3 month sick.. and in the end of my summer here!!. but I tired visiting doctors and taking so many tests... Hopefully Im not going to catch some pneumonia and die and nobody going to know my story... I hope Im exagerating
  9. U

Good articule, finally people taking this seriously. Its incredible to see researchers from China looking for an answer and usa trying to hide and ocult everything, then you think wich one is really the open and democratic country?, well, another topic out of this. Good to know people are caring...
  10. U

I broke up with my girlfriend today ... maybe nobody is interested, but for me it is impossible to follow with something I can not tell and staying with someone who requires so much attention and having no energies ... eventually some of us will end up in a psychiatric if we dont see any...
  11. U

you didnt do your homework.. Ok, she had headaches, fever feeling, back pain, neck pain, pseudo meningitis symptoms, and basically symptoms of neuralgia (nerve pains, etc)
  12. U

I'm from Chile. Maybe is just another story without relation with our disease, or maybe is something similar that caused some chronic problems in us, but apparently was some unknown virus and she suffered some of our symptoms, aggravated by the stress and because too many hour flying (this is...
  13. U

There is a senator from my country that was attacked by an unknown virus causing viral neuralgia, its said to have been intensified by stress. She was hospitalized and was criticized for several weeks. As you say, there symptomatology that even powerful people can have a clear diagnosis, just...
  14. U

Yeap, continuing thinking in hiv is keep going around in circles. This guy (boston) has a lot of information but he considers true the less reliable information. Remember that although this world is full of unscrupulous trying to deceive and even make money at the expense of the health of...
  15. U

As i said in my case non doctor have believed me, and I have seen like 20, infectologists, reumatologists, urologists, internals, etc, etc. Its frustrating when you know something isnt right and everybody say the opposite. I'm very calm and never had psiquiatrics problems, but its impossible be...
  16. U

Not me... Maybe they are all right and we are all nuts
  17. U

Not me... Maybe they are all right and we are all nuts
  18. U

A lot of interesting articules... But there are any wich talk about people with strange symptoms like us and without diagnosis and with researchers looking for an answer?? We need to focus in our problem, whatever it is we cant start by the end looking any ilness we are negative for.. Sorry, i...
  19. U

So similar than mine, but... unfortunately reading other stories and having passed so many years, I'm resigning to deal with this for long time, trying to reduce the symptoms and forgeting it as much as possible.. Now I just dont know if I can be calm that I'm not going to infect my girlfriend...
  20. U

ukxmrv, THanks, you are helping us to understand this (if this is the same thing you have). Can you tell us what were your symptoms at the beginning? Over the years, have you had problems to work? (I´m thinking to quit my job, this is not allowing me to have a good performance and I´m sleepy all...
  21. U

ukxmrv, I think what Wyomingscared say is true. Some of us have fixated in HIV for long, because our illness started after some sexual exposure (my case) and because my symptoms matched perfectly with the acute retroviral syndrome. I´m not thinking much in hiv now, but, have you been suffering...
  22. U

Really? After have reading thousands pages you are asking that;)?hehe. Ok, in short, PCR look for copies of the virus in your blood, 24p is a specific protein of the hiv wich is the antigen that react with the antibodies, western blot is another screening test of antibodies, generally used to...
  23. U

No worries. We have been so scared for so many time that now I believe nothing can scare us more than don´t having any idea of our illness. We have to rule out any possibility while we dont have any diagnosis. And I don´t know how to test for that, but seems so rare that I believe is not a...
  24. U

Most of this is before 2000. If you think you are hiv+ but seronegative beacuse the antibody tests doesnt show any infection?, just prove with PCR. I´m sure will be negative or indetectable.
  25. U

Sherezade, why you not face this guy? you never thought to report it? I know we hate when people talk with us saying we need a psichiatric, etc, but I still think this is worsened by our mind and if your experience was traumatic, its more difficult to cure physically. I know some bateria...
  26. U

Wait a minute... so are you saying that there are people who can develop AIDS being hiv-? I know there are some rare cases when some people have some disfunction and can be inmunosupressed, but its not named AIDS (wich is not important at this point), but is known, or at least in literature...
  27. U

I think one of the answers of prof. Nicolson on his page could be the answer to all of us ´´MANY, IF NOT MOST, CFS / ME-PATIENTS HAVE BACTERIAL INFECTIONS mutliple, SUCH AS mycoplasma, chlamydia, ETC. VIRAL AND, AS SUCH HHV-6, CMV, ETC. WHEN THIS OCCURS, IT CAN BE DIFFICULT TO TREAT INFECTIONS...
  28. U

And how can you know if this is about the same issue? Probably you need a researcher to study if we have that gene. OMG, ad is this syndrome being investigated? are there any treatment?
  29. U

Ok, but there are a lot of people here (including me) that we are not veterans neither ´´american´´, so if this is our case, this have been spread all over the world. Or.. maybe we have been in close contact with american people that could have infected us (I used to have an american...
  30. U

Ok, sorry. Im not feeling well this week, I feel sick like flu and my ears are killing me!, in summer!! (my). I'm starting to scare me. Ok, if you have information about where and how test for mycoplasma, please send me that. But I understand that there are a lot of types of mycoplasma, isnt it...