• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. A

Simplified Methylation Protocol Revised as of Today

Yes, indeed there is much that is newly occurring...Pre-Fola Pro I had no issues with Sulphur, or really anything but the peripheral neuropathy. I did eat some food today from Chipotle and did not have resurgence of symptoms. The strange headache, stoned, burning sensation brow/eyelid...
  2. A

Well Update, I stopped the supplements.......and learned that the Gelatin Capsules are an issue for me.....as is anything with Glutamate. The taurine may also be an issue. Apparently the receptors are so sensitive that even eating High Glutamate foods such as Black, or Pinto Beans, Tuna is...
  3. A

Thank you for your responses. I agree I should back off these supplements and see how things go. I stopped the Taurine last night....as after taking it I felt worse for a short interval of approx 1/2 hour. Then wondered if the Gelatin/Glutamate capsule may be behind it. I am sleeping...
  4. A

I am so lost about about what to do....I am currently taking Theanine, NAC, Taurine, to help mitigate what I believe is a over methylation/high glutamate reaction from the excessive dosage of Fola Pro. Almost 4 weeks since stopped Fola Pro. I thought I was making a little bit of progress this...
  5. A

Well, now that I am with this wicked headache all day for 13 hours straight. I suspect that ACTIVE B6 is the cause, because it is a methyl donor. No fast pulse, but this is a just dreadful. I am just miserable with this pain. I am stopping the sub-lingual supplement that helped me because...
  6. A

Thank you for the tip about HCL from Nutricology. I replaced Betaine Hydro Chloric acid yesterday evening with just Bromelain....seemed fine....but then I went downhill....and this morning and now horrendous headache/ migraine. If I can handle my digestion with the Nutricology liquid form...that...
  7. A

Here is an additional update: Today is my 2nd day using the supplement I posted about earlier. All was well this morning, I slept well....skipped breakfast but had lunch. Before I had this trouble with "high Glutamate".....I had been taking "BETAINE HYDROCHLORIC ACID with all of my protein...
  8. A

Here is an update re: Wired/tired- fast pulse-insomnia-dizziness-unable to handle hardly any environmental stimulus......all due to high dosage of Fola Pro......raising glutamate levels too high. The "Gaba FLO" sublingual spray I tried last night and continued with today has really made my...
  9. A

Here is a list of the ingredients for the Gabba Flo, I tried last night. :) http://www.naturalhealthyconcepts.com here is the website should anyone want to try it for themselves. free shipping. Supplement Facts: Servings (1 spray) per container: 90 Each spray contains: Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxal...
  10. A

Thank you to Xara, & adreno for your input.:) I am a newbie too, and this world of methylation is quite sophisticated & individualized. The Good Lord really does provide all we need & it is a marvel to experience how all of us thrive on these raw materials when in balance. This endeavor of...
  11. A

Dear dbkita, & anyone who may have some experience or insight regarding Glutamate levels being too high. I am looking for helpful supplements to try to Balance this predicament that I brought on myself by way to high dosage of Fola Pro. It has been about 10 days since I stopped taking Fola Pro...
  12. A

Dear dbkita, I so appreciate your articulate & detailed insight. Thank you. My instinct was that I had indeed gone into overdrive "overmethylation"......a brief conversation w/Dr. in connection to Amy Yasko's work, mentioned the "Glutamate" level being raised too high by too much FolaPro 800 mcg...
  13. A

I just thought I should post that I saw my Kinesiologist /Chiro.....he muscle tested me for dosage of the Potassium Citrate......I did not test well for any amount? Maybe no longer a Potassium issue. Yesterday, I had increased the dosage, but I felt weirdly worse. I did test well for (NAC)...
  14. A

Thank you very much for this piece of information from Dr. VanK. I am currently not taking any Methylcobalamin or FolaPro....due to what has occurred. I seem to do better taking lower & frequent dosages of the Potassium Citrate. (1) cap 99mg every 3 hours (approx). Before having posted on this...
  15. A

This is a test. Bold w/ number 2 font.
  16. A

I think what has happened from too much Folate is that it has raised the levels of Glutamate which is an Excitotoxin. Thus interferes with Synapses in the Brain......neurotoxin. Anyhow, it may be that the Glutamate needs to be used up somehow, diminished.....till I feel normal?
  17. A

Well it appears that today was not as stable as yesterday, though I had increased the Potassium Citrate. I have felt quite weak, and the need to keep seated or just lay down resting. The day had started more promising but once I ventured out to do errands I found that I am on the delicate side...
  18. A

Yes, I think it is low too, I just became a big chicken, due to this experience with too much FolaPro right out of the Gate. I am now increasing the Potassium Citrate to (2) caps 99mg each more frequently through out the day. Lots of celery and parsley juice too. I do regret having proceeded...
  19. A

Pardon the font size, I had increased it but post small?
  20. A

I do agree that the FolaPro was ridiculously high...I am officially baptized as a fool & rookie. Right out of the gate,... I am humbled. I am increasing the intake of Potassium. I took (2) 99mg upon arising and another (2) two ours later..... because after taking a 25mg of Niacin it seems to...
  21. A

Thank you, Roxie60. I started taking Potassium Citrate.....that has begun to help Thank God. It appears to have dissolved a headache. I am developing a new headache this moment, so just took a 99mg capsule again, that is my 3rd today. Cautious and slow seems the best way to go.....and...
  22. A

Thank you for ur swift kind response. I did spend several hrs combing thru postings for possible clues, hints of what to do. Your hunch appears to be correct.....I did get some Potassium Citrate. I took 99mg 3x's in 8 hour period. Seemed to help....continued today as well....by bedtime will be 4...
  23. A

S.O.S Hi, I am brand new to this site. I have made a big mistake and need help with how best to help myself. I took Methyl-Cobalamin sub-lingual 1mg 2x's per day. I also took Fola Pro. I was muscle tested for the dosage of both. Based on that, I took 1 tablet of Fola Pro 2x's per day. I...