• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Z

UK: House of Lords: Countess of Mar asks real reason for ME blood ban, 8 Nov

Mark, I don't think I got this wrong, the figure I quoted was not my assertion, it was the figure quoted by the Minister (in the film clip) for total MRC research funding of ME during 2009/2010. I was just reporting what was said in the clip. If the figures are wrong it's because he got them...
  2. Z

UK: House of Lords: Countess of Mar asks real reason for ME blood ban, 8 Nov

I just want to correct a little misunderstanding I spotted in some interpretations of these exchanges. It seems the 109,000 for research was the complete total (including psychiatric research). Lord Skelmersdale, who rose to ask a question late on, was asking the Minister how much of the 109,000...
  3. Z

The Independent newspaper - Study that 'solves' chronic fatigue blocked

Hi Guys, I just registered and this is my first post on here. I just emailed this message to the news editor of the Independent: Dear Editor, "Study that 'solves' chronic fatigue syndrome blocked" Thank you for breaking this story in the UK in the Science section of todays...