• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. M

The other forum down?

Does anybody have information about why http://www.mecfsforums.com/ seems to be down at the moment?
  2. M

Toxoplasmosis anyone?

I think this thread is very interesting. AIDS-patients often has a lot of problems with toxoplasmosis. A normal healthy person would not have a problem with it. But persons with compromised immunesystems, like we have, could possibly have problems with it. Has anyone more tested for this? Any...
  3. M

Antiretroviral Trial

I'm very glad to read your posts Sue. You are an inspiration to me.
  4. M

Antiretroviral Trial

now; you wrote lol, aint that a really good biomarker?
  5. M

My Antiretroviral Trial

Jimbob; I replied on that issue in your own thread Starting Raltegravir. http://www.forums.aboutmecfs.org/showthread.php?5250-Starting-Raltegravir/page12
  6. M

Mala

7. M

Cheney's Latest Newsletter

8. M

Sucking Sensation in Forehead

You are reacting to the curcumin
  9. M

Antiretroviral Trial

Whenever I have done something stupid, like trying out a new supplement in a dose to high and crashes, the way out of this has been st Johns wort. Sometimes i have taken it for months to get in order. This is natures own AD and with very few sideeffects. I ve heard that St Johns wort also have...
  10. M

'Natural' antiretrovirals?

Very good Hip, thankyou for this. Does anyone have experience from theese herbs?
  11. M

SAIC & NIH to develop XMRV Toolkit

Full story at: http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/2010/2010-21349.htm
  12. M

Funny veins/ problems drawing blood

Interesting, I thought I was the only one with contracted veins.
  13. M

Article: Four Viruses! Alter Paper Confirms Retroviral Findings in CFS

Cort, a denialist?, get a life. OK this studies were hard to interpret and but this was out of line..
  14. M

Antiretroviral Trial

Hi Daffodil, I hope you saw what I wrote in the RAL-thread earlier. I would guess that if you are going off RAL to try something else, you should probably hang on a while to AZT to avoid thoose cytokines. I must say development astonish me sometimes. Two studies in one week and upon that, the...
  15. M

Antivirals for MLV-related Viruses (CFS type 1 to 4)

I must say that it is good to have a protease inhibitor (indinavir) that potentially will work in ME-patients if they have MLV. I believe protease is the key to why we feel so bad.
  16. M

Article: Dr. Peterson Update

Good article Joey, It puts some perspective on ARVs. I would hold my money on GcMaf. It is a very promising drug that could help a lot of people to a normal life. Not a cure, but a drug that gives you your life back without a lot of suffering.
  17. M

Antiretroviral Trial

My favourite Football team, Liverpool FC has a sign on their clubmark that says: "you'll never walk alone".
  18. M

Antiretroviral Trial

Hi Daffodil. I do not think there is any permanent damage to your body. It will heal. In my illness I have been really down two times. I thought that I could do without supplements but I lost control and felt really really ill. With the right supplements it has turned around. I'm not cured but I...
  19. M

Antiretroviral Trial

I hate myself for writing this. I really do not like when people say they have all the answers and "know" what to do in this illness. But I do think you have a point Daffodil. The downward turn could be reconstitution. I must say that when it's about managing my own illness vitamin D is always...
  20. M

Antiretroviral Trial

Daffodil: are you taking any supplements to manage, if so which?
  21. M

GcMAF trial

Hi m0joey, Ive had a conversation with Noakes today. He describes in detail the process with this girl who was their first patient. She was claiming she had cancer in order to get free GcMaf. Her true illness was ME/CFS. He does not claim that GcMaf is a cure. Without doubt though many reports...
  22. M

GcMAF trial

Hi m0joey, Ive had a conversation with Noakes today. He describes in detail the process with this girl who was their first patient. She was claiming she had cancer in order to get free GcMaf. Her true illness was ME/CFS. He does not claim that GcMaf is a cure. Without doubt though many reports...
  23. M

GcMAF trial

Are You sure that the lab you are reffering to arent the same persons as on the noaks site? The website seems to be a almost a carboncopy.
  24. M

GcMAF trial

Are You sure that the lab you are reffering to arent the same persons as on the noaks site? The website seems to be a almost a carboncopy.
  25. M

Starting Raltegravir

Dear Sue, I love it when you post comments like this. This made my day.
  26. M

Patient database for those of us who are willing to participate in Research?

Sign up here instead https://www.wpinstitute.org/patient/volunteer_form.html
  27. M

New Idea for contacts - help me please!

Public opinion is important, no doubt. In my homecountry, Sweden, Ive spent most time writing both journalists, but also politicians. Ministers and people in administration do listen. They have kids as well.
  28. M

Starting Raltegravir

jimbob, there are several things that currently are unknown, what dose is one thing. How long does it take to eliminate XMRV is another one. Remember that the drug is focused on preventing replication. We doesnt know how long each virus lives either. I would stick to it as long as it will not...