• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. R

ME patients protest coverage of threat allegations

People have suggested the "stay away from ME" campaign is related to XMRV, but it does seem to coincide better with the change of research direction at the MRC in 2011.
  2. R

Lady Mar writes to Prof Wessely

The AfME analysis concluded, amongst other things, They were echoing what the ex-head of the MRC said in 2011, I would be interested in seeing the eventual results of your research.
  3. R

Here's the Executive Summary of the recent AfME survey of NHS providers (not patients). The full document already linked to contains the detailed breakdowns of all responses by local area, including maps...
  4. R

barbc56 It helps to read a comprehensive survey of every local health trust in Great Britain about statutory provision of services before dismissing it as an opinion piece.
  5. R

The recent AfME report on NHS provision for ME patients provides strong evidence of lack of care in Great Britain. It's a comprehensive survey of every local health trust, and was called "Ignorance, injustice and neglect" because, The full report is here...