• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Garfield

Milk chocolate

Not an easy one. But that said, I've some thoughts and maybe they are helpful. Chocolade is rich in copper, maybe that is what your body is lacking. Here are some links: CHOCOLATE: A DELICIOUS SOURCE OF COPPER and another one: copper But the odd thing is that dark choclade is richer in...
  2. Garfield

Food intolerance to Sorbitol

I thought sorbitol was solely an artificial sweetener, I didn't know it was also a natural occuring sugar!
  3. Garfield

Symptom flare up in (peri)menopause, what about HRT pros and cons.

Thanks for all your comments! I do remember reading somewhere that birth control pills and HRT are not a good option in CFIDS. But sometimes we have to make impossible choices, because what is helping us is often simultaneously hurting us. So we end up choosing between Scylla and Charybdis over...
  4. Garfield

Symptom flare up in (peri)menopause, what about HRT pros and cons.

I’ve been ill for more than thirty years now. I have always had huge problems with my hormones and my periods, always dreading that time of the month. I’ve been diagnosed with severe PMS but sometimes wondered if it wasn’t PMDD. For the better part of my life I’ve been on some kind of birth...
  5. Garfield

copper coloured ring around pupil; copper toxicity?

Could indeed be what is called a Kaiser Fleischer Ring: http://http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilson's_disease I should definitely let it checked!
  6. Garfield

Parkinson-like Freezing - Does Anyone Else Get This?

Hi Don't know if it is the same but I sometimes feel there is some kind of gap between my body and my brain, like my body and brain aren't syncronized. Sometimes I literary have to voice out a command to make my body respond to my bain. If it is speech that becomes impaired it's hard, I've...
  7. Garfield

Article: Dreambirdies Striking New CFS Video--CFS Patients Address the CDC

Wow impressive! Thanks for this magnificent piece of work.