• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. D

High Dosage methylfolate users

When is the last time you talked to Sterling, because now she is convinced that taking fluoroquinolones (given a particular snp that she identifies in a post on her sit) in regards to being floxed. I have been floxed MANY times as I took tons of abx for Lymes. It appears that most g6pd low...
  2. D

Thanks again Caledonia. I hope you don't mind answering a couple more questions. My problem has always been sleep issues (surprise). I slept about 4 hrs last nite, but some of that was at 6 this am after taking a sleep supplement. Do you have a doctor you recommend for methylation. I paid...
  3. D

Hi zzz0e: I have also been dxd with Lyme, and thought I was doing ok on the protocol, but have recently started with all kinds of issues. I did oxygen therapy in 2001 and was "well" for a long time until I started messing with hormones and did not fix my gut. I have been doing a paleo diet...
  4. D

Yes, and I found someone on this site that said they started doing the protocol at cpnsupport.org. Sorry I can't remember who. Dfox
  5. D

Hi Caledonia: Thanks for your responses to me. I was taking the methionine for a while and think I was doing better on it than NAC. Today I did not take anything, but feel awful. I've been trying to wean down on a bad boy benzo, and it has been very rough. I'm kind of "trying" different...
  6. D

Hi Caledonia: is there some place on the PR site to find Freddd's most recent complete protocol with supplement recommendations. I think it was your dr I called April Hauge, and she dies not have an opening unt August. This is so danged frustrating. What happened to Feddd? Thanks dfox
  7. D

Hi, just FYI, I was diagnosed w ccsvi a few years back, but never had the surgery. I talked to one dr here in my town who used to assist dr Siskin w his surgery. He said he no longer recommends it but usually suggests ppl look at chlamydia pneumonia treatments w pulsed antibiotics. He has seen...
  8. D

Thanks Ahmo: I have been looking at the links you provided and appreciate it very much: I have one question that perhaps you or someone else can answer: Is there someplace on the PR site here where I can go and get the most CURRENT Freddd protocol, with suggested supplements and perhaps...
  9. D

Hi Ahmo: I have been doing a type of protocol for a while now, although I am no making any progress right now. I am taking about 5mg mb12 sublingual and 900mcg folate, and 5mgab, 30mcg t3 and I'm taking 1500mg Lcarnitine tartrate. I am also being trying to wean of a benzo, and antidepressant...
  10. D

The Resistant Starch Challenge: Is It The Key We've Been Looking For?

Hi, I was just wondering how you are testing ammonia? Regular serum labs (Quest) etc. I have been told these are not accurate? I am terrified to try the RS as well. I have insulin resistance, but it is much better since taking the abx. As it is I have no doctor, so I already have no idea...
  11. D

The Resistant Starch Challenge: Is It The Key We've Been Looking For?

Hi Ripley: Great info, thanks. I just wanted to let you know that there will be a symposium this week end from 4 of the top SIBO (gastro) dr's in this growing field. I have been working on my digestion for quite some time and regret that I did not get tested sooner for SIBO or IBS. All of the...
  12. D

Anyone Healed via Methylation/Yasko Protocol?

Hi Caledonia. Do you know who Greensheets Dr was My methylatiin dr quit Thanks Dfox
  13. D

Methylation correction protocol in a lotion! Kinda sexy...

Hi perchance: I am trying to find a doctor in the Houston area, and would not consider it too far to go to Austin. Do you still go to this clinic, and do you have chronic fatigue or some other issues? Can you recommend any other docs who might be well versed in methylation and CFS. Thanks Dfox
  14. D

Comment by 'Dfox' in 'Nutritional study looking at sulfur metabolism/methylation?'

Sometimes I think you have to be more than a scientist to get all of this. Essentially this is about people with low sulfur levels. NOT my problem!!!!! Dfox
  15. D

urine smells like vinegar-dumping sulfur?

Hi Caledonia, You're a gem for helping us newbies. Can you order the HDRI methylation yourself, and or suggest anyone who can read it. I have an apt next week with a big medical center ID doctor here. It's probably a bad idea, but I have gotten really desperate, as I can't function at all...
  16. D

B12 high serum level

Thanks Red04, I have been doing Freddd's protocol for awhile, but was still REALLY depressed, and trying to reduce the sleep meds I'm on bc of strange neurological problems I'm having . I'm not doing any B12 injections, mb I need to. I'm seeing a LLMD (who is not very good), but pickens are...
  17. D

B12 high serum level

Thanks Branston: Finally something I can understand:) I have chronic mycolplasma, and have not even had the cpn checked yet? Do you have a dr you work with? I can't seem to find anyone who knows much about some of all of this. Our one CFIDS doctor in town only wants to do abx, and only...
  18. D

Fecal Tx in MS

Hi Daffodil, Do you know where people got the FMT? Thanks, Dfox
  19. D

Nitric Oxide, Peroxynitrite, and the Impairment of Mitochondrial Replication in CFS

Hi, I'm trying to so figure out my health issues. If you have time to reply I would appreciate it. I have been posting in different places all over the board questions about methylation. I started an amino brain repair program a few weeks back, and became VERY urinary acidic, and my underarms...
  20. D

Nitric Oxide, Peroxynitrite, and the Impairment of Mitochondrial Replication in CFS

Hi is a-MSH a supplement. I know that Richie Shoemaker uses this in his mold toxin removal. What are the fake folates? Thanks, Dfox
  21. D

B12 high serum level

Hi thanks for the responses all. I have been on it about a week and a half. I really like it so far. It does have other junk in it, (xylitol, natural cherry flavor, but I am somewhat familiar with this lab, so I trust their ingredients. I get it from Emerson Ecologics, but I'm not sure if...
  22. D

B12 high serum level

Hi I,m doing Fred's protocol with 2500mcg metylb12 (new sublingual from Klaire lab), 1000mcg methyl folate and roughly 2,000mcg adenosyl. m y last b12 serum was high and I can't find much on the site about high serum b12. Rich talked once about a holocobalamin test, but don't know if that is...
  23. D

Hi pretty new to pr, but wanted to ask if tyrosine will hurt if you have illness induced pku (hpu). I'm trying the Marty Hinz protocol right now, but I' m having a hard time getting my doseagd up as I get very acidic; my urine smells like vinegar. My sleep has improved overall, but I'm having...
  24. D

2012 Autoimmune conf linking VDR to EBV/CMV

I guess I don't know how to pm? I tried to go to member and it did not work Thanks Debbie
  25. D

Thanks Symptomatic, I read quite a few of the threads, and WOW. One of the doctors I have consulted wants me to do a modified MP, but my blood pressure is already VERY low without Benicar. He wants me to take just Minocycline just once a week. Although I have been dxd with Lymes, Mycoplasma...
  26. D

I did not realize this was "The Dr Marshall" of the Marshall protocol, however I find it still interesting about the VDR gene. I also find it interesting about the 3D microscopic imaging of the DNA. I will look at what you have posted. Thanks, Dfox
  27. D

That was my take on it, but I was hoping to get more insight from the "wise ones" here. It is an interesting hypothesis none the less. Dfox
  28. D

Hi all: I just listened to a video from the 2012 autoimmune conference. It talks about the VDR gene being involved in EBV, CMV etc. Any thoughts or is this old hat! http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1060869938 Thanks, Dfox
  29. D

urine smells like vinegar-dumping sulfur?

Angela, I just came across this you tube from the 2012 autoimmunity conference. It talks about the association with the VDR gene. This may be old news, but I thought I would post it? http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1060869938 Thanks, Debbie