• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Cynthia Smith

Kidneys not doing well CBS/NOS genes.

Hi Valentijn, Yes, you are correct about the "minor" CBS SNP. Even without knowing his SNPs, and based on his clinical symptoms, I would have recommended the same thing. His transsulferation pathway is shunting into ammonia and likely taurine. The fact that there are CBS SNPs present tells me...
  2. Cynthia Smith

Also, don't supplement with anything methylation-related for the time being. The CBS pathway should be addressed first. Wait until ammonia and sulfur levels come down.
  3. Cynthia Smith

Tizmo, Have you tried optimizing your CBS pathway first? Its takes about 4-6 weeks to lower sulfur and ammonia levels in your body. You may have high taurine levels as well. First, put yourself on a low sulfur diet. Buy some yucca root powder and sprinkle about 3-5 g on any animal protein...
  4. Cynthia Smith

Genetic testing and predisposition

I have found that those who have ME/CFS also have particular single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) that predispose them (me among them). Although there are a number of "triggers" (bad illness, food poisoning, stressful situation, etc) that set off the cascade that ultimately results in the...
  5. Cynthia Smith

Cynthia Smith

6. Cynthia Smith

Genetic testing and predisposition

I have found that those who have ME/CFS also have particular single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) that predispose them (me among them). Although there are a number of "triggers" (bad illness, food poisoning, stressful situation, etc) that set off the cascade that ultimately results in the...