• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Johnmac

Am I going down a functional doctor rabbit hole?

Yeah, finding an "I'm cured" video & getting him to watch it might help. Most sick people don't want to get well, unhappily.
  2. Johnmac

Very noticeable improvements in brain fog using Dr Greg Russell-Jones's transdermal B12 oils (which provide a similar dose to B12 injections)

I don't think it works for everyone. On the other hand it can be slow. After 12m, it has helped me with food allergies (which are gone) but not fatigue. The consensus on what fixes fatigue (if you just google "How I cured CFS" or something like that) seems to be brain training + dissolving old...
  3. Johnmac

Am I going down a functional doctor rabbit hole?

I've worked on biology for a long time & have had limited results. The Australian transdermal B12 got rid of my food sensitivities, but not the fatigue. If you google "How I cured CFS", most people did so via brain retraining & neuroplasticity & therapy for old traumas, etc. Almost no-one did...
  4. Johnmac

Is neural/limbic retraining (DNRS) a treatment for ME/CFS or not?

I don't think you implied that. Your posts have been brilliant & very helpful to me. (I'm aged 72 - the inverse of 27.) I once cured kidney disease (glomeruleronephritis, or nephrotic syndrome) with diet, supps & exercise. I thought I'd share the good news, & do some good in the world, by...
  5. Johnmac

Is neural/limbic retraining (DNRS) a treatment for ME/CFS or not?

Such a useful post @mbunke - thank you.
  6. Johnmac

B-12 - The Hidden Story

With the oils, did you follow the protocol properly - e.g. test your thyroid, iron & D levels, take the cofactors of iodine, selenium, molybdenum, B2? (And wait several weeks?) I've found that the more exacting I am, the better it works.
  7. Johnmac

Very noticeable improvements in brain fog using Dr Greg Russell-Jones's transdermal B12 oils (which provide a similar dose to B12 injections)

No clue, sorry. But there is a pretty good Facebook group on the protocol now: Understanding B12 Deficiency Greg generally distinguishes between blood levels of B12 & brain/organ levels. The latter are much more important, & may bear no relation to the blood level. (They also can't be measured...
  8. Johnmac

I've done the whole period on the full protocol - B12 as the transdermal, iodine, selenium & molybdenum as transdermal, + B2 twice a day orally. I've used the protocol before (on & off from 2016), so possibly I had a head start. You can always email Greg if you have problems. Also, there is...
  9. Johnmac

I don't know why it might have stopped working for you. You could write to Greg Russell-Jones & ask him, if you haven't done so. My histamine tolerance is a bit better, but nothing dramatic. The main food changes are oxalate & salicylates. No, I don't know the science well, so can't explain the...
  10. Johnmac

This is what Greg Russell-Jones' B12/B2 protocol yielded me in the six months from Jan 1 till June 30: (Slight update at the end.) (You don’t realise how much things have changed till you sit down & do a list.) Mind: OCD (songlines going round my head): constant before, now zero Anxiety...
  11. Johnmac

I'm not fixed yet with OHS - but am definitely improved. The days of fanatical eating & ridiculously restricted diets are behind me.
  12. Johnmac

Yes I am pretty sure it's because of the protocol, as I tried 2 or 3 dozen other things in the last 2y & none of them did much. I don't know where I was on the scale. But I was sleeping 11-12h/day & often found it hard to focus (brainfog). I went thru cycles of worse & better weeks.
  13. Johnmac

I am in UK, does anyone know if i can get the following injections to take at home

An update: I followed up, above, & got some more of the oils from Greg in Jan. The protocol - the transdermal oils + the transdermai iodine/selenium.molybdenum mix + oral B2 - now appears to have reversed my pretty bad 3-year case of chronic fatigue. I am also much more able to eat foods with...
  14. Johnmac

I think it's fair to say that the Greg Russell-Jones B12 protocol - the transdermal oils + the transdermai iodine/selenium.molybdenum mix + oral B2 - have cured my pretty bad 3-year case of chronic fatigue. I am also much more able to eat foods with oxalate, histamine & salicylate (OHS) in them...
  15. Johnmac

High Quality B12

An update: The Greg Russell-Jones B12 protocol - the transdermal oils + the transdermai iodine/selenium.molybdenum mix + oral B2 - appear to have reversed my pretty bad 3-year case of chronic fatigue. I am also much more able to eat foods with oxalate, histamine & salicylate in them than I was...
  16. Johnmac

Thanks for the vid - will have a look. I use methyl/adenosyl - but I do that because I told Greg my symptoms & that's what he recommended. He's very obliging with information - so you could ask him. I got the ISeMo but I get my D from sunshine (which is the ideal source), plus cod liver oil...
  17. Johnmac

Thank you Ghost Gum - I am glad you chipped in. We're in similar boats - both using the B12 weekly or so for several years. Greg told me off about this when I told him: "You have a DAILY B12 requirement, not a fortnightly one." I'd assumed I was replete & just needed occasional topping up. But...
  18. Johnmac

Thank you Hip. Good to know. I'm putting together a file of these responses from people who were on the oils several years ago - which will hopefully give a better idea of longterm benefit (or not).
  19. Johnmac

Thanks Hip - good to know. I assume you were taking the ISeMo & B2 co-factors as specified?
  20. Johnmac

Kath - greetings (after several years). Still taking the oils? How is that going? Hope all is good for you. Thanks....
  21. Johnmac

Hi Hip. So, nearly three years on, how did Greg's B12 oils & co-factors pan out? Still benefiting? Effect on energy? Cumulative or ad hoc? Thanks! I'm just giving them another shot after 10 years....