• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. M

High serum B6 with tons of fasiculatoion paresthesias

Hello, I'm more of a lurker but appreciate the accumulated wisdom here. I have a friend with a very high serum Vit B6, > 100 (Labcorp 5.3-46). His B12 is also high. He was taking a product with B6 50mg and is now off all Vit B6 but is now taking solely P5P. We are wondering if his 6 year...
  2. M

Best sublingual Methyl B-12?

Quick question to Fred or others confident of their answers: Is transdermal methylcobalamin --via a cream applied to skin-- workable? Is it clearly inferior to sublingual? inferior to deep sq? I ask because a physician friend is inquiring. I don't see why someone would do transdermal when...
  3. M

Glutathione & Precursors - Detox or Induced Methylb12 and Methylfolate Deficiencies?

I hope Fred is around to comment. My neuropathy is steadily getting worse in the past few months. I have lyme and co-infections (finally diagnosed in 2005 after no diagnosis for 9 years). I have been on intermittent antibiotics x 5 years. The only thing different since the worsening...
  4. M

Vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP)

Elcatonin raises VIP Hi folks,,, I was googling about how to raise VIP and I found this forum. I have lyme with MCS, low VIP, high C4a, osteoporosis, etc... I am looking for how to raise my VIP... looks like I can treat my osteoporosis and low VIP (and gum recession? and brain pain??)...
  5. M

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Hello Fredd, Are you familiar with Leesburg Pharmacy in VA (a compounding pharmacy)? I was thinking of getting some meB12 injectables from them (25mg/cc,,,#10ml for $80). I believe you mentioned University Pharmacy in SLC? Are they conscientious re light and meB12 preparation? Also, if you...
  6. M

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Fredd, are you familiar with Pure Encapsulations B Complex Plus? It looks to me to be a better formulation than Jarrow's B Right. Pure Encaps. product has the pre-activated forms of several b vitamins and active folic acid (methlyfolate) and MB12: Each capsule contains: B-Complex Plus...
  7. M

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Thanks Rich, Before testing I went off all B12 for 3 days,,, but before I went off for 3 days I'd read these boards, and had re- started some methyl 5 mg SL once a day for about 4 days/week x 1 week,,, over the year had been doing drops of hydroxyCB-- 2-3mg SL -- by Scientific Botanitcals...
  8. M

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Question re labwork for B12 (is this an ok place to ask?) Via Quest Labs I had a normal CBC: a very Low Vitamin B12 binding capacity, unsaturated (transcobalamin) 287 (nl= 650-1340); a high serum B12 1513 (nl= 200-1100); a normal methylmalonic acid; Also had both MTHFR mutations and low...
  9. M

B-12 - The Hidden Story

I had a question for Freddd: Does he recommend a pharmacy for the methyl B12 shots? and does he recommend a dosage per syringe? At another forum I read were someone got #30 syringes of 25mg/ml for $100. That sounded pretty good to me.... At that dose one syringe would give 5 doses of 5mg...
  10. M

Glutathione & Precursors - Detox or Induced Methylb12 and Methylfolate Deficiencies?

Hmm.. this thread looks quiet... maybe I'm posting at the wrong place, but I had a question for Freddd: Does he recommend a pharmacy for the methyl B12 shots? and does he recommend a dosage per syringe? Thanks,, this has been a fascinating read. I come from the lyme borrelious camp (many...