• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. V

$1135 for more Lyme's testing??

Don't know if this was covered in the other thread, but perhaps a therapeutic trial of antibiotics would be a cheaper alternative? It may only be conclusive of how you respond to antibiotics, but I understand that is the preferred treatment anyway. Some people apparently test positive with...
  2. V

Cure Tooth Decay - by Ramiel Nagel - (Avoid Root Canals)

Another good source for dental info is Ellie Phillips. She has a book 'Kiss Your Dentist Goodbye', but also a blog. If you search for her name and "cliff notes" on Google you should be able to get an overview of her mouthwash protocol. I have followed her system in the past, but at the moment...
  3. V

The Resistant Starch Challenge: Is It The Key We've Been Looking For?

I have noticed there is a discussion in the comments of a Bob's Red Mill blog post about whether or not their potato starch has been heated. It seems even the company rep isn't sure. Has anybody figured out yet if "unmodified" does in fact mean raw? And if not, has anyone compared other brands...
  4. V

What can too much vitamin B2/K2 deplete?

Earlier this year I tried to cut back to the supplements I was feeling the most benefit from, namely B2 and K2. I gradually phased out other things and also got sent a higher dose of B2 than I wanted, but took it anyway (50mg, 3-4 times per day) and was taking up to 45mg of K2 split across the...
  5. V

Gluten Sensitivity: What does it really mean?

Very interesting, thanks. Even for a lifelong coeliac it can be difficult to not accidentally consume gluten. Products listed as "wheat free" and supposedly gluten free ingredients like barley malt or GF oats occasionally trip me up. So doing a gluten exclusion trial is not always...
  6. V

Don Croft Terminator zapper - anyone tried it?

I had a similar device, a little plastic plastic box with two copper contacts. I tried putting it on my stomach and experienced an increase in mildly sharp "popping" pains around my intestines. I do get this pain sometimes, especially when food and supplements don't agree with me. To be honest...
  7. V

Lyme testing

If a warning sticky can't be agreed upon, a debate thread like this one would be fair and allow people to make their own mind up. If I was newly introduced to lyme or similar by such a forum, I would appreciate the balance. Although, it may need to be occasionally summarised somehow on the fist...
  8. V

GAPS

If you scroll down to heading [4] on this link, there are some interesting comments: http://perfecthealthdiet.com/2011/12/around-the-web-revisiting-green-meadows-farm/ I would suggest trying less strict diets first, like the one above, adapted with dextrose and rice syrup if necessary. The...
  9. V

High Iodine supplementation - Iodoral/Lugols

I found iodine helpful at 1mg doses in the past. I'm open to the idea, but have a few reservations based on things I have read. I don't have the scientific knowhow nor energy to effectively verify what is true. Fluorine and chlorine are supposed to be more reactive than iodine and bromine...
  10. V

Hack my reaction? Please help.

I wouldn't rush too much to get the amalgam removed. You want to be careful your dentist takes proper precautions; things like an oral dam, air supply, charcoal and maybe some others; I'm not personally familiar as I never had amalgams, though somehow still respond to chelation. There is...
  11. V

Hack my reaction? Please help.

The frequent-dose-chelation group on Yahoo is probably the best place to learn about Cutler's chelation protocol and its safety. If you search back at the adult-metal-chelation group has some discussion about methylation, MTHFR etc. from the mercury perspective too. Worth signing up and reading...
  12. V

LED red intranasal light therapy

I'm only (slightly) familiar with lasers, but I recall a focused beam of 5mW or above is hazardous to the eye. So 170mW in laser terms is very powerful. I don't know the equivalent LED safety classifications; apparently they're safer. The Vielight models are between 5-10mW...
  13. V

LED red intranasal light therapy

I wonder how difficult it would be to make one of these devices ourselves. I remember reading instructions to make a laser helmet for a fraction of the cost of commercial devices.
  14. V

High Prolactin Causes Severe Fatigue.

I had just read recently that chasteberry can help with prolactin and progesterone. So perhaps worth looking into as well.
  15. V

I No Longer Am Tired - Allergies/The Definition of M.E.

I would still want to understand why I've developed all these allergies and gut permeability. In my experience the allergies/intolerances haven't stopped at gluten and dairy, and the list is so long now I cannot reasonably avoid all of them.
  16. V

Air purifiers

I read some of the reviews on this site: http://www.air-purifier-power.com/ I thought the reviewer seemed quite genuine. Most of the reviews are for US models, but there are a couple available in the UK. I looked at the Sharp Plasmaclusters from a Dutch supplier and found some UK websites...
  17. V

This may sound hokey..Rife Machine for CFS

I have heard suggested somewhere that you can get a similar Chinese device called UDB1108S. It costs something like $80 and there is free software to run it called "Spooky" (http://cancerclinic.co.nz/downloads-3/index.html). Though I think it is based on "scalar frequencies" that can supposedly...
  18. V

Anyone tried sublingual cyanocobalamin?

Has anyone tried sublingual cyanocobalamin. If so did you find it drastically less effective per dosage compared to hydroxy or methyl? I'm trying to find a formulation that is as pure as possible, and cyano might be easier to source. Though also unsure about the cyanide issue and how it...
  19. V

SAFE COOKWARE?

Apart from boiling vegetables in stainless pans, at my house we oven bake everything in glass. It is easier and the results are comparable. I think most of my glassware is borosilicate which I have heard is quite inert. The brands we have are the old English Pyrex/JAJ, new French Pyrex and old...
  20. V

Amalgam removal - mercury chelation

I mainly follow Andy Cutler's suggestions for chelation, and one thing he advises against is chlorella. A few quick links that popped up after Googling 'onibasu chlorella' (Onibasu archives messages from some chelation groups) http://onibasu.com/archives/am/402.html...
  21. V

Protozoan infection - how to treat?

Even if the Blasto is just an innocent bystander, hopefully the real culprits would get caught in the crossfire. Are you still with Dr Myhill? All testing, even PCR, seems highly unreliable. I may try and see how expensive it is to get some serum antibody testing done. Other than that the...
  22. V

Protozoan infection - how to treat?

One recovered poster on the pptu.lefora.com website, nosekara, believes antibody testing is the best option. Other than that some people have been successful seeing Dr Cahill in New York for a sigmoid sample. I haven't yet found a good source for parasite-specific symptoms to help narrow down...
  23. V

Working around a vitamin D intolerance

I have taken a couple of days off the cal/mag/boron. Interestingly I have noticed a faster build up of plaque on my teeth without it. My main concern was reading that without adequate vitamin D the calcium could end up in arteries etc. I will try replacing it with better alternatives, but I...
  24. V

Working around a vitamin D intolerance

Whenever I take vitamin D it interferes with my sleep. I get weird muscle twitches (hypnic jerks?) like biting down, pulling faces, furiously shaking head as I am semi-conscious about to fall asleep combined with a sensation in my brain that wakes me back up. I know years ago when I tried...
  25. V

C60 'buckyballs' in olive oil

Hmm, I think you are right. After reading more at that Longecity forum, I didn't realise just how daring some of the folks there are to experiment on themselves.
  26. V

C60 'buckyballs' in olive oil

I couldn't find anything on this using the forums' search feature. I'm not sciencey enough to offer an interpretation, but I wanted to post here as you clever lot can probably get your heads around it. After a rat study showed a 90% increase in lifespan, some people are experimenting with...
  27. V

Has vitamin K-2 (mk-4 or mk7) helped you ?

Does anyone have any updates regarding the availability of Glakay online? I'm trying VRP Ultra K2, but it would be nice to compare the two.