• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. C

Dr. Chia's treatments

Andrew, Thanks for the info regarding Chia. I imagine it varies between patients, but do you know how long Dr. Chia typically keeps patients on Equilibrant before deciding it is working for them or not? Thanks.
  2. C

Anyone on this site a patient of Dr. Paul Cheney in Ashville, NC?

Dr. Cheney is not "all about the money" as others have stated. At a cursory view he seems very expensive as mentioned above, but you have to consider what you are getting compared to other doctors. He typically only sees 1 patient per day. His is going to evaluate you extensively and answer any...
  3. C

I wish I had some better answers for myself, you, and all the rest of us that have this terrible disease. Like I said before, there is not really any treatment (at least that I know of) that specifically for the type of DD found in ME. I think the cardiac output of 1.8 is really not possible and...
  4. C

I have heard of Dr. Bradstreet... I thought he mostly treated autistic children though. Does he treat ME as well? Your CO is definitely not 1.8 or you would be dead... your cardiac index (CI) possibly could be that low - Dr. Cheney says it is in many of his patients.
  5. C

A typical cardiologist would disagree because they typically do not know anything about diastolic dysfunction (DD) or think that only elderly people get it because of decreased elasticity of the myocardium that happens with aging. Cardiologist are trained and think much like mechanics to look at...