• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Emootje

mechanism for normal Sp02 when short of breath?

I am honored, the real Albert Donnay reacts :) Short answer: no It's been a while but this what I can remember: 2008: UMC Utrecht stops providing (most) blood tests not ordered by a health professional, including COHb en blood gases. 2012: Bought a Fluke CO 210 (CO220 is to expensive) > no...
  2. Emootje

Hydrogen (H2) therapy, helpful for ME/CFS patients?

My second trial with the Mercola hydrogen tablets was also without any effect :(
  3. Emootje

Free blood gases analysis [Netherlands]

It's a 'partial rebreather mask' (a nonrebreather mask without the one way valves): In conjunction with oxygen, yes. "An immediate solution to the oxygen transport problem is to use a partial rebreather mask set at 35 to 40% FIO2 (Fraction of Inspired Oxygen), which requires a flow rate of...
  4. Emootje

Thank you so much Sushi! Think l'm gonna give the Mercola hydrogen tablets a try.
  5. Emootje

Sounds promising Sushi! Did a hydrogen water trial without any effect. I used a cheap questionable capsule so thinking about to give it a second chance with tablets. What brand tablets did/are you using?
  6. Emootje

Testing for a coxsakie and enterovirus

My immune system is fighting something in the cell (have high NK cells and activity, high CD57+ and a Th1 dominance) and I was hoping that a mild chronic coxackie B3 infection was responsible for this immune activation. Plan is now to test again after an aggravation of my chronic flu-like...
  7. Emootje

Testing for a coxsakie and enterovirus

My september 2020 IMD coxsackie B3 neutralization test result: 1:20 [<1:10] Did the blood drawn myself and send it from the Netherlands to Germany. It was so easy and cheap. Thanks to @Hip and his excellent ME/CFS roadmap which explained which test and lab to use (thanks forever!!!). In the past...
  8. Emootje

Who's Had Their Coxsackie B Virus and Echovirus Antibody Titers Tested at ARUP Lab?

@Banana94 the only antiviral KDM prescribed for me was isoprinosine. It didn't worked...
  9. Emootje

Typo? It could be tissue hypoxia but high mixed venous oxygen could also occur without tissue hypoxia. Interpretation of high SvO2 (last 4 are with tissue hypoxia): increased O2 delivery (increased FiO2, hyperoxia, hyperbaric oxygen) decreased O2 demand (hypothermia, anaesthesia, neuromuscular...
  10. Emootje

Hi Enna, Acute respiratory alkalosis moves phosphate out of the blood and into cells (during respiratory alkalosis, intracellular CO2 decreases, causing intracellular pH to rise. This mechanism stimulates the glycolytic pathway, specifically phosphofructokinase, a key rate-limiting enzyme of...
  11. Emootje

Hi Enna, I have learned that you need to follow a particular sequence to interpret blood gases. First you need to look at the pH then CO2 and then HCO3/BE and if there is a metabolic acidosis you look at the anion gap. If you begin with the interpretation of the anion cap and BE your BG...
  12. Emootje

The chronic respiratory alkalosis is partly compensated by losing more HCO3 in the kidney resulting in a negative base excess: Don't think that's possible. I don't know how the blood gases react on tissue hypoxia with normal/high blood pO2 as seen in histotoxic/stagnant hypoxia. Maybe that...
  13. Emootje

Interesting data Enna, thanks for posting! Your pH/CO2 (tends to a) respiratory alkalosis (hyperventilation) and your high pO2 also support this. Things that can cause this: - respiratory stimulants (epinephrine, norepinephrine, progesterone, nicotine, salicylates, caffeine, theophylline) -...
  14. Emootje

That's interesting, maybe dietary calcium could help? But first my next experiment: a carbonic anhydrase inhibitor. I order it online at a 'no prescription pharmacy' but the the local post office lost my package :mad: Btw thiamine is also a carbonic anhydrase inhibitor...
  15. Emootje

I guess ketones don't play a major roll in my fasted state pH normalization. Results at 6:51 pm of my blood gases and blood ketones after skipping breakfast and low carb lunch (6 avocado) :
  16. Emootje

@Gondwanaland, I'm not that into biotin metabolism, so I hope I understand you correctly. In a nutshell... biotin excess causes alkaline blood? B5 antagonize the biotin induced blood alkalinisation? Right? @Lolinda, I did experiment extensively with the alkaline tide. Normally my urine pH is...
  17. Emootje

I have noticed that my blood pH is completely normal in the fasted state: Possible explanation: Fasting produces ketone bodies which lowers blood pH Fating lowers sympathetic nervous system which lowers ventilation > more CO2 > Lower pH [1] Less stomach acid is produced in the fasted state >...
  18. Emootje

How to lower norepinephrine

Both, you need to move your diaphragm with deep and slow belly breaths to massage your vagus nerve: Normally pulse rates (and your SNS) increase with inspiration and decrease with expiration (respiratory sinus arrhythmia), so it also help to extent your exhalation (you could monitor this with...
  19. Emootje

Significant Improvement Story -- Focus on Thiamine Deficiency

Luckily I have still control over my breathing when I'm showering :p, it's the bradycardia and vasoconstriction I'm more worried about... Cardiac-vascular system and the diving reflex: Source
  20. Emootje

Thanks Gondwanland, I'll keep it in mind.
  21. Emootje

I still feel very fatigue if I don't use soap/shampoo, so no. For me, I think it's more a combination of not using my second heart (calf muscles) and the diving reflex (energy preservation state).
  22. Emootje

No, but I think there is a correlation... In the kidney most vasodilators causes natriuresis that results in lower blood volume. In the rest of the body prolonged vasodilation causes an increase blood volume especially in the veins and venules because they store most of our blood: l-Arginine...
  23. Emootje

I feel very drained/fatigue after a shower so I'm glad this feeling is objectifiable by my lactate meter... At the moment I'm out of strips... will test the 5 and 30 min lactate post exercise next month...
  24. Emootje

Florinef increase blood volume > activates baroreceptors > lowers SNS > lowers NE I don't know... maybe it's the hypokalemia induced by fluronef...
  25. Emootje

Unfortunately Florinef doesn't work for me. IV saline does work but for a very short time (see figure below). Fig: improvement of my (nor)adrenaline, renin and aldosterone levels after IV saline (@ 0 min).
  26. Emootje

I did approximately 100 lactate tests (in rest) and still can't see a clear correlation :grumpy: Eating does not seem to influence the lactate levels. Exercise does have an effect: Lactate (rest): 1.2 mmol/l Lactate (after a shower): 2.3 mmol/l Lactate (after a 40 km bike ride): 5.8 mmol/l
  27. Emootje

My blood lactate was initially a little bit high ~2,3 mmol/l but nowadays it normal (<1,5 mmol/l). I really don't know what is responsible for this normalization. It could be the benfothiamine...
  28. Emootje

Last week I tested my Accutrend Plus with a multi analyte control that I normally use for my blood gas analyser. It did pretty good, tested 2,4 mmol/l with a 2,31 mmol/l control solution.Not bad for a budget analyser...
  29. Emootje

I tried Clonidine (patch) and reserpine (Serpina) to lower what I think are high norepinephrine symptoms (nausea, paleness, sweating, tiredness, ischemic neuropathy and anxiety). Clonidine made me very sleepy and reserpine made me slightly depressed with completely disappearance of my motivation...