• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Y

Active B12 Protocol Basics

Hello everyone, As you may have noticed the recommended enzymatic therapy B12 infusion, used in freddd's protocol is now sold under the label Nature's way B12 infusion (customer service says nature's way bought enzymatic ) It has mantained his flavor and shape;but I wonder if it is still...
  2. Y

The Resistant Starch Challenge: Is It The Key We've Been Looking For?

Just to report effects with broad beans. Heve tried them for 1 month. Obvious effect in the neck and eyes. The position of my jaw has also changed,the shape of my nose and eyes changed a liittle. Mood was a lot better also. My smile was and remains a lot more attractive;)probably linked to the...
  3. Y

supplemental 5-MTHF versus egg yolks

Hi,last year I experimented with different organic eggs. The feeling induced by the differents eggs was slightly different. Yes eggs doesn't have the same effect than methylfolate alone. But eggs have a nearest effect(but not the same) of methylfolate,retinol,lecithin iodine, together. I could...
  4. Y

The Resistant Starch Challenge: Is It The Key We've Been Looking For?

The intestinal flora of a hunter-gatherer people revolutionizing our knowledge of probiotics. http://www.nature.com/ncomms/2014/140415/ncomms4654/full/ncomms4654.html
  5. Y

Active B12 Protocol Basics

Hi, skwag. -I was wondering if the 24mg mb12 you take is a mix of Enzymatic Therapy and Country Life mb12 , -If not the case, why not? -If the E.T turned bad in the near future,could you still remain cured on this country life brand? -have you ever tried vitamin k2(mk-4 specifically?) .I ask...
  6. Y

Complete remission of symptoms when I have hay fever - anyone else had this?

I ate bananas as the ones in the middle(despite people around me found it disgusting), I didn't like the ones in the right extremity,and for those in the left extremity,I didn't know that it could be eaten safely: http://www.marseille-cassis.com/upload/gamme-de-couleur-de-bananes.jpg
  7. Y

I was waiting to try the bob's red mill potato starch before posting on that thread.Sadly the product was out of stock,but today i come from seeing it is on stock again,yay. I will be able to confirm if it was really the RS in bananas that was causing problems. Butter definitely changed things...
  8. Y

Same here,dont support bananas anymore,coincidentally or not this happened when i begun eating butter months ago.Before butter bananas where not particularly problematic.I don't like strawberries but can not say for sure if it causes problems as I almost never eat it. Green apples from parent's...
  9. Y

B-12 - The Hidden Story

You could try to personalize the doses following the "what my body needs he will receive with complacency" When I think I could be in hypokaelemia,to know immediately if I really need it, I put some potassium gluconate or citrate ON THE TONGUE,after I can take a little amount of water and...
  10. Y

Doesn't it have to be the Gut?

Thanks to share. Maybe she has good instincts,and feels like there is something imperfect or lacking in what she takes.Like somebody that forget his lenses or don't want to wear them,sign that they are not anymore adapted as they were once or not enough, lacking of something. I was wondering...
  11. Y

Has vitamin K-2 (mk-4 or mk7) helped you ?

English not being my mother tongue,not sure if I understood correctly your question. definition: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Levomefolic_acid concretely: http://www.iherb.com/Solgar-Folate-As-Metafolin-400-mcg-100-Tablets/14274#p=1&oos=1&disc=0&lc=en-US&w=metafolin&rc=39&sr=null&ic=2
  12. Y

Folinic Acid problems and more

You don't tolerate folinic acid,but what about methylfolate? As I don't have access to all these tests,I let melt some folinic acid or methylfolate ON THE TONGUE,not under. BOTH HAVE SIMILAR EFFECT ON ME,at least in little amounts (200µg) .Don't know with bigger amounts and in the long run.As I...
  13. Y

Since longtime,my right eye is astigmatic and nearsighted.My left eye is just nearsighted. After two months of mk-4 I got a blurred vision,like a astigmatism on the left eye,also both eyes muscles worked and accomodated less efficiently.It got better and now it's normal,just nearsighted and...
  14. Y

Paradoxical Folate Deficiency/Insufficiency and Edema

I don't use folate as a sublingual,under the tongue(different feeling) BUT ON THE TONGUE. My D was extremely low at first too,but the 50,000 iu of D that you take is really a lot.Do you take it once a week? At the present I reach high vitamin d levels(lab results) with just 7500iu once a week...
  15. Y

I had some problems taking little doses of mk-4 (100µg/day).Eyes problems,heart problems,bone and joint pains. I could improve these taking mainly calcium and methylfolate sometimes retinol.That makes me think it is a problem of taking mk-4 without cofactors. If you eat eggs you will have mk-4...
  16. Y

Paradoxical Folate Deficiency/Insufficiency and Edema

HI,Peterpositive I bite 800µg of metafolin and Iet it melt with my saliva on my tongue during a few minutes,after I swallow. If it is needed,some positive things happen: my sight improves, my voice become resonant and dark,my body gains some tonus,my back straightens my arms open (like an opera...
  17. Y

Folates from vegetables

It seems good advice It's what I am doing since a few months,with little but real results I know you are still looking for five stars mb12 ,I find the calf brain and bone marrow very effective. The brain contains 75µg/250 g but it's like if I were taking 400µg E.T mb12 underthe upper lip.
  18. Y

Folates from vegetables

do YOU put the cartilaginous part of the ear into the mixer with the rest or do you eat it apart? Are the pieces of pork with a lot of connective tissue good alternatives?something complementary? or have these parts(ear,foot,tail) some special properties? Thank you very much for the...
  19. Y

Folates from vegetables

I have no serious problem with folic or folinic acid but green veggies are not good for me in the present. Food is a powerful thing because full of powerful substances. We can't reduce all the interactions between food ingested and our physical shape, or more precisily in this case between...
  20. Y

Folates from vegetables

I tried it, if I ingest a small amount it makes me feel relaxed ,If I keep ingesting more It makes me sleep. I will report if it makes other differences, for the moment I'm using it to help me to sleep. I prepared it with a pig's foot,ear and tail.For this time, I added nothing more to the...
  21. Y

Folates from vegetables

Yes I agree,but am not sure of the substance blocking, disturbing folate metabolism. Don't know for sulphurophane, I have identified the mineral content of veggies as being a major source of disturbance ON ME,there is surely more remaining to identify.here were discussed other guesses: <a...
  22. Y

Folates from vegetables

It matters to let know people consuming some vegetables,that they are ingesting methylfolate almost everyday.So not something we should be afraid to try(methylfolate).But something that should be added to the equation,cause ingested even whitout supplementation. Also as methylfolate is present...
  23. Y

Folates from vegetables

In fact the purpose was to show that methylfolate is a main folate vitamer in vegetables.Vegetables are not all folinic acid,or a sort of less oxidized folic acid,as I read over and over on the forum. And so we can stop theorizing from a misconception,and producing wrong assumptions,that make...
  24. Y

Folates from vegetables

http://books.google.be/books?id=wfY82pBJmfsC&pg=PA211&lpg=PA211&dq=metilfolato higado&source=bl&ots=vLDUDPqiDQ&sig=S78K4jff0ziott4iauiDOszjO2M&hl=fr&sa=X&ei=dOxvUquXGIWVhQeY24HYDw&ved=0CE8Q6AEwBQ#v=onepage&q=metilfolato higado&f=false Methylfolate is the main form of the b9 vitamin in the serum...
  25. Y

Folates from vegetables

Asian vegetables seem to be richer in methylfolate than folinic acid. https://rirdc.infoservices.com.au/downloads/10-167 Interesting.Any existing source for that statement?
  26. Y

Why methylation isn't working for me?

Also I have taken 60mg zinc today and it's increasing the mobility and the awareness of my arms hands and fingers. Usually the zinc become "harmful" 3-4 days after discontinuing calcium,when there is no more tension,and losse of mobility caused by the calcium.. For the moment it remains helpful.
  27. Y

well for the mb12 magnesium and zinc in excess. If I look at the mirror at that moment my face looks like that:ill: my lips take the same form.and the rest of my face shows the painful. -There is a moment when I want to remove the mb12,If I continue much longer, I become very tired unable to...
  28. Y

sore mouth, no infection or apparant reason teeth sensitive to hot and cold canker sores(sometimes) accumulating muscle pains following exertion sore muscles lack of muscle recovery after exercise exercise does not build muscle extremely sore neck muscles reversing normal curvature of neck...
  29. Y

Hi,fred I put the ENZY between my lower lip and gum and the source naturals dibencozide between my upper lip and gum. Both 100min. CALCIUM changes a lot for me If not supplementing calcium I take: 100µg mb12(if more it makes me badly tired and i become unable to concentrate) 3mg adb12(gives...