• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. S

Shooting Down the Top 10 Myths from the NHS Online Clinic

A superb article. Dr Charles Shepherd has a card in his hand [I won't refer to it as an 'advantage'] that very few of the propounders of a psychosomatic cause for ME/CFS have; he has had to cope with this debilitating ilness himself for decades. A few short days of experiencing the symptoms...
  2. S

Stigma of Sloth: The Elephant in Our Room

Superb article - an inspiration to me and I'll make sure other members of my family with ME/CFS get the opportunity to read it too. I was equally inspired by your article 'Adrenal fatigue; a possible element in ME/CFS'. I'd never come across any reference to this condition before and, boy, it...
  3. S

Adrenal Fatigue: A Possible Element of ME/CFS?

Acknowledging that there is a percentage of ME/CFS sufferers who have severe sypmtoms all the time, it is fair to say that a greater percentage have fluctuating symptoms [frequently referred to as 'good days' and 'bad days']. In some people these changes are very marked [I'm one of those] which...