• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. O

Religion?

David, you care that you maybe hurt creatures and you know what? that means that you are ahead of the mass of people who stomp all over anything and mow down trees and squash any moving thing! Yeah, I am not Buddhist either, but I respect people who are because I k now some very kind Buddhists...
  2. O

Dreaming about parasites

Weird. I also had parasite dreams!!
  3. O

Religion?

That is interesting, David. My experience with Buddhism was very very scary. I have had a bad life and was very upset to think that I did something in a past life......if you added up all the things I went through, truly, I must have done something so very horrific. It made me hopeless because...
  4. O

Scared of the future

Here is a good quote by Plutarch on the Life of Pompey the Great. He had just conquered all sorts of places, like Alexander: "How happy would it have been for him if he had ended his life at this point, up to which he enjoyed the good fortune of Alexander! For succeeding time brought him only...
  5. O

Scared of the future

That is what happened to me....an accident. It has been hell. I can still choose and almost chose the end on the 11th but I am glad I did not.
  6. O

Scared of the future

\ I don'tmean to be so grim but I have suffered for 35 years and had ALL the ups and downs of that dreaded master of lies, Hope. Indeed, I thought I could recover without all those supports you mention, a nice spouse, a house which I thought would somehow be provided, money for drs etc But no...
  7. O

Scared of the future

It scares me, too. I find a lot of the answers to be platitudes. I guess what bothers me most is the amount of time I spend and spent fighting and then knowing in the end, it really was not worth the fight. This kind of fight ought to result in a cure for AIDS or creation of peace or something...
  8. O

DDT and Epigenetics

And it seems truly never to leave the bodies of us or any generation after us. They are finding it in every generation after the exposed ones.
  9. O

DDT and Epigenetics

I wonder if this has anything to do with the troubles I had since birth. It seems that low dose DDT and low dose estrogenics can be worses than higher doses. Further, it passes on to your grandkids. In short it never leaves the body and can urn on genes. My grandma and mom was exposed and I...
  10. O

Getting sick from new phone jack

I know this pain. I gave up. I lived ina room of a house where roommate was always telling me I was stupid and "bizarre". I had no control over it. I just gave up and constant exposure helped somewhat. But not really. I mean it helped that I could tolerate it, but I just got sicker. This is...
  11. O

Can You Work?

Wow. I do not feel so bad now. Thank you guys for sharing this. I got sick at 14 and never worked and feel very bad. However, I did a lot in it place. I tutored in languages and I also started a project with my brother. He does something in his job where I can go in whenever I can. And he says...
  12. O

Can You Work?

I am just wondering who is able to work and how? I am not able to do so which is very hard. I can't support myself and health care when you don't work can be difficult. The things that keep me out of work are so many I can't list them. But for those who DO work, how do you do it?
  13. O

Sun sensitivity

That probably about sums it up for so many of us!!! Sooo soooo close!! Yet, so far away.......
  14. O

Alternative SOS foods

Thank you for this. I cannot eat much now either. I live off protein bars and Orgain. I have to buy a Vitamix because the bars are $3 a piece. I had to eat like 5 in one day! I lost a lot of weight, too. I so totally hate food. It makes me sick to my stomach to even think about it. I told my...
  15. O

Throw my computer in the trash?

I would not throw it away. Like Ester said when you open the door, microbes will flow in at small levels. However, you gotta do what you must. I just hope it will be ok for you. Do you feel better? My question is WHY THE HECK where they allowed to rent a moldy apt??? Grrrr!!!
  16. O

Please help......Cytokine Storm like

Last sat I had an episode of traumatic myalgia from true over exertion. The dr it would be ok in a week. It is not ok. I cannot move my arms. Three things are going on. 1. Nerves------soap feels like syrup. Everythng feels hot on hands. 2. Muscles---- are still in terrible pain. Cannot lift...
  17. O

GMO soy

I love pur gum. Cannot get it anywhere! Even Whole Paychecked stopped stocking it. Grrrr.
  18. O

From POTS to bradycardia?

POTS is very interesting to me because I think I have it. Resting is like 40 something. Last EKG showed that but also, I am an athlete when i can, so it is maybe that. However, I also had tachycardia and also have low blood pressure and pass out and have Vaso vagal so bad I have seizured in...
  19. O

GMO soy

Ah! GREAT POINT, Living!! I totally forgot about that. I do only eat one at a time, but you never know.
  20. O

Don't Get Your Thyroid Out...Ever. Leave It In Until It Kills You.

(((MISFIT)))) It pains me to hear this!!! If it gives you any comfort, I have my thyroid and yet I have lost all my drive for almost everything. I used to do videos on a topic I liked and now I cannot. I used to memorize a poem I liked a lot and I can't now. After my wreck, everything...
  21. O

Too Exhausted to go to Doctors

About a year ago I decided I wasn;t going to Drs anymore. In fact, I walked right out and had to change back into my clothes I had a wreck in Jan and had to go, but it was hard and I stopped. I also had a lump on my breast that they said had to be re-evaluated. The only time I went was when I...
  22. O

Does anyone know why Instant Sleepiness after taking new Probiotic, also has happened w/CoQ10?

Dang ! I am wide away AFTER taking CoQ10 and probiotics! :woot:
  23. O

"Integrative medicine: one of the most colossal deceptions in healthcare today" (by Edzard Ernst)

I went to a fairly well known one. They were good in that they ordered ANY test you wanted. However, they never did anything more than send you to the hospital for tests. So, let's say you did not want a CT scan and the Integrative Dr understood and sympathized. In the end, if he felt you needed...
  24. O

Talking wipes me out.

This is a very interesting post! If I am alone, all by myself for a long time I get terribly exhausted and depressed. So I venture out just to be around people, but I always have earplugs in when I go anywhere. That dulls the noise but I can still hear and can still hear people talking, too. I...
  25. O

Fatigue torture- how do you deal with it?

I drink a lot of water. Right now I am in it. That is why I am responding and seeking answers, too. I drink cold water and cold fizz water and a lot of it . I don'tknow how it works, but when you said FATIGUE TORTURE you got it right. Looking into others' advise, too. Great post. Thank you for...
  26. O

GMO soy

I always have serious stomach trouble when I chew that gum that is says it is non GMO. It has soy in it. It is the one you can get at the Vitamin Shoppe. Every single time I chew it, it feels like my stomach is fibrosing up, like folding up and like I am about to choke. This also happens with...
  27. O

Terrible time during summer

I forgot-----i take Pedialyte unflavoured at times, too. It helped me a lot but it does have zinc in it if you are sensitive.
  28. O

Carpets were just cleaned :(

I looked into this, too. they do work but they also change the chemicals in things. So I did not do it. I actually had to move because the carpet was so bad smelling. From the cleaning.