• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. manoka

High dose vitamin B1 (thiamine)

Thanks presently_distant! At what time(s) of the day did you take them, did you take any magnesium with it, and if so what sort and how much?
  2. manoka

Moringa oleifera - anybody tried it?

This seems to be a myth which the profit optimizing pharma-corporations and their indoctrinated scientists and orthodox doctors want you to believe. My girlfriend is suffering from Hashimoto´s and pollen allergy, and she's taking a supplement with iodine (from seaweed), as well as selenium -...
  3. manoka

@acrosstheveil: According to the nutritional composition it certainly must be superior to most of the other more common leafy greens. If it made you sick there could be two possible reasons: Either the product was not good, or your body could be so heavily loaded with heavy metals or other...
  4. manoka

@Gingergrrl: It sounds like your doctor is an orthodox medical practitioner, so probably doesn´t know (much) about nutrition anyway, let alone about Moringa. But still, a few people have been posting here about their (first) experiences with Moringa - and the questions are aimed at those.
  5. manoka

Article: "Acupuncture Heals Chronic Fatigue Syndrome"

Please note that the treatment mentioned in the study is not regular acupuncture, but “Electroacupuncture plus ICT (interferential current therapy)".
  6. manoka

These are exactly my questions after I read this thread. It´s REALLY TOO BAD that only one of those posting here does still care to follow it and to reply! It gives me the impression that it was all just about another superfood-hipe.
  7. manoka

Article: "Acupuncture Heals Chronic Fatigue Syndrome"

Hello, Has anybody tried this treatment? : http://www.healthcmi.com/Acupuncture-Continuing-Education-News/1333-acupuncture-heals-chronic-fatigue-syndrome I had recently 8 session of regular acupuncture. After the first 5 I felt clearly noticeable worse. After the following 2 my symptoms...
  8. manoka

Thanks for all the inputs! I have taken the thiamine as recommended in the article for the past two weeks - except that I´m not taking the tablets which include the magnesium. But I´m supplementing magnesium with the "Mezotrace, Calcium / Magnesium, Powdered Minerals". So far I can´t notice a...
  9. manoka

Thanks halcyon! As cocarboxylase doesn´t need to be converted by the body, it should be absorbed a lot easier and more, i.e. it could very well be that it takes a lot less than 1500 mg to have the same effect as the synthetic preparation. At http://www.raysahelian.com/thiamine.html I found...
  10. manoka

Hello all, Has anybody tried this: http://www.prohealth.com/library/showarticle.cfm?libid=19438&B1=EP121014 And what about high dose Thiamin diphosphate (TPP), also called thiamin pyrophosphate (TPP) or cocarboxylase, the active, coenzyme form of vitamin B-1, and/or Benfotiamine? Reportedly...
  11. manoka

Depression? Adrenal Fatigue?...not sure.

Thanks for your inputs! Even though some of it sounds like pharma-lobbyism, I can understand that some may be desperate enough to go to great lengths for some relief. I personally believe that chemical drugs are mostly contraindicated, especially with fatigue issues, as they pose quite a burden...
  12. manoka

Depression? Adrenal Fatigue?...not sure.

Too bad that spitfire doesn't seem to read her interesting thread anymore. But I'm sure others with similar issues do. Nevertheless I would like to add, that chemical sleeping pills are not suitable for chronic insomnia - besides their habituation- and dependence effects, they induce no...
  13. manoka

On-going supplement poll

I didn't write that they should be made mandatory, but "seen as mandatory". I was just thinking about a list of things to be considered and to give an idea what might be crucial information to evaluate whether a product could be useful in particular cases. Apparently some people do not know what...
  14. manoka

On-going supplement poll

Many thanks for this terrific poll and resource list! Exactly what I was looking for. Here are a few more suggestions: - It should be seen as mandatory to indicate the complete product and brand name(s) - as reportedly even two products with the same ingredients can have different...