• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. SusanB

Locations Effect Question

Thanks,Lisa! I appreciate the link!
  2. SusanB

P.S. Another factor I have wondered about in the increase in mold toxicity cases is the role of the increasing amounts of radio waves. I don't remember where I read about it, but there was a test study on mold growth where one mold culture was exposed to EMFs and the other mold culture was...
  3. SusanB

Hi Lisa, Yikes. The connection of Roundup and mold toxicity in agricultural areas is scary. Does anyone know the evolution or changes in Roundup formulas over the last few decades? It does make me wonder if Roundup contributes to the increases in problems with molds (an increase that Erik...
  4. SusanB

Hi Forebearance, Thanks for the feedback on your reactions in northern Colorado. It's revealing to have a your confirmation on what a few suspected before I moved away from the area. The chemicals used for the forest fires and pine beetles makes a lot of sense too. LOL about a clothes...
  5. SusanB

Many thanks for your generosity, Lisa. I sent an email. Interesting difference you noted between Thermopolis and Dubois. Got to wondering and found Thermpolis' elevation is 4,354 while Dubois' elevation is 6,984. Don't know if that means anything as far as pollutants/toxins or wind patterns...
  6. SusanB

Well, phooey… now I find out I'm supposed to air dry everything! Que sera, I don't know how I could because of my living situation. How/where do you hangyour things to dry? Are there any concerns about the housing in your area getting moldy from drying things inside? I'm glad you have the...
  7. SusanB

Hi Forebearance, I wonder if one could find a way to only rent new rather than used products? It would probably help to be able to rent most all of my possessions! What do you do about laundry? When I got rid of all my possessions, it included my washer and dryer. I've thought about renting...
  8. SusanB

Hi Forebearance, That's a brilliant idea about leasing vehicles! Too bad leasing can't be done with laptops, but it sounds like things must be much better with a track record of two years on your current computer and going on two years with the vehicle! Bravo! Thanks for the Shoemaker links...
  9. SusanB

Have you been properly tested for Lyme poll?

P.S.S. Lyme disease is a spirochete and a cousin to syphillus. Both diseases are Spirochetes. Both diseases are well known to cause herxheimer reactions in the patient when being treating with antibiotics - especially if one has had the disease for a long time and gone untreated. Prior to...
  10. SusanB

P.S. The "basic test" is the Elisa and Western Blot. Many doctors won't run both tests, so that makes the test results even more questionable.
  11. SusanB

Hi loayachil, There is one category familiar with Lyme patients that you left out. It the "equivocal" result from Igenex. Equivocal means that there are not enough bands for CDC and too many bands to completely rule out Lyme. ILADS doctors go by clinical signs and don't rely on the those tests...
  12. SusanB

Dr. Lisa Nagy Lecture - Environmental Medicine

Hi GG, He sounds like a wonderful doctor. I'm thankful you are receiving such good care and don't need to consider Ampligen treatment. I know very little about the medications the patient community here is taking. I started reading this forum because there are so many similarities in symptoms...
  13. SusanB

Hi GG, Wow! The more I learn about the problems caused by mold exposure, the more it seems to lead to so many serious medical situations. He sounds like he would be a very astute and caring doctor for you? Are you taking the Ampligen? Regards, Susan
  14. SusanB

Dr. Nagy is an energetic speaker and was taught in medical school to believe the patient. Isn't that novel concept for those of us who have had to deal with doctors who don't believe us? She covers a lot of territory: lyme, cfs, autism, mold, bacteria, viruses, chemical /food sensitivities...
  15. SusanB

Comment by 'SusanB' in 'Infrared sauna'

Hi Dolche, I wonder if you became depleted of minerals from sweating? I just started a sauna protocol with Dr. Rae in Dallas. And he has people take a variety of supplements that you might want to consider. Before sauna: Niacin B3 - 100 to 500 mg daily Alpha Ketaglutaric Acid - 300 mg Reduced...
  16. SusanB

Many thanks, Forebearance. It's great to hear your chemical sensitivities have receded some and hope they continue to dissipate. The organic pysllium is much easier for me to tolerate too. I have read that chorella and chlorophyll are supposed to help with detoxing mold too. Is that true...
  17. SusanB

Thanks, Forebearance. I appreciate your reply and glad to hear your detox is working well. The lack of unpleasant side effects sounds wonderful along with not developing any allergies. Do/did you have any chemical sensitivities? I hope you continue to detox well and can try VIP again soon...
  18. SusanB

Hi Forebearance, More apologies for being so tardy in replying. For a full list of my lame yet valid excuses, please see my reply to Helios. I am sorry to hear that the CSM wasn't workable for you. Do you believe that the gentler detox methods are working for you? It sounds like being...
  19. SusanB

Hi Helios, Apologies for being so tardy in replying. It's been nuts these last weeks/months. Health declining even worse (with all that entails), a move from one bad apartment to another one that is turning out to be as bad, disposed of all my possessions before moving into the current...
  20. SusanB

Thank you for the welcome! I greatly appreciate it! I'm glad Shoemaker's protocol helped you. I had to stop taking the CSM. It was giving me severe problems with my joints and lower back. It seemed to be hard on my liver and kidneys even though I was only taking 1/4 packet daily. Starting to...
  21. SusanB

Broad spectrum options for an inflammed gut?

I had problems for almost 10 years with diarrhea and rarely constipation, but it was bad enough to require an enema to help move my bowels. It seemed like I had every test in the book, including the mainstream kinds like colonoscopy/endoscopy, stool tests galore, and blood tests. They never...
  22. SusanB

GMO"s, GAPS diet, Paleo diet, Wahl's diet, Miso and Fermented foods

I used to have terrible problems with diarrhea and stomach issues until about a year and a half ago. A friend recommended I talk to a nutritionist who used the L.E.A.P diet. She did a blood test and found out what foods I was sensitive to and I went on a very restricted diet for 6 weeks. The...
  23. SusanB

Hi Nielk - I greatly appreciate your welcome! As I'm sure you well know, dealing with an out-of-the-box illness like mold poisoning can be very lonely and confusing. I've been incredibly sick for almost 9 years with usual story of "top" doctors who spent my savings on every test under the sun...
  24. SusanB

I'm new to this forum and have lived in two moldy apartments. Both times, I didn't know about the problems with taking your things with you. Thankfully, I finally figured out what is wrong, found a doctor, and have started cholestyramine and am getting rid of all of my possessions. In my...
  25. SusanB

Poll: Which Methyl B12 sublingual brands have you tried and found effective?

I have the best results with the Superior Source product that combines 5000 mcg methyl b12, 800 mcg folic acid, and 2 mg B6. I take 3, 1x daily and it seems to make a lot of difference for me.