• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. T

Antioxidant Supplement Worsened General PEM

No no, thank you for the helpful information. And I wish you the same and everyone else here to keep on punching upwards and beyond :)
  2. T

Thank you for so much for your very detailed and informative post. I did not realise that there were so many sulfur producing products in the antioxidants formula until now, and I also had no idea that they could cause those kind of side-effects. I definitely need to be more careful in the...
  3. T

Ah, I am sorry to hear that but, I am glad that flexing your spine/hip hop joint stops the pain temporarily. I do hope it gets better for you and that you find out how to stop the pain for good. I really do hope so, and I definitely will do. I probably should also throwaway the remainder of the...
  4. T

Yup, I genuinely thought I would be able to tolerate it as the dosage were significantly lower than each of the ones I had supplemented in the past. Boy, was I wrong haha. I had no idea Vitamin E is a blood thinner, thank you for that. Ah, I really do hope so. Fingers crossed :)
  5. T

Thank you, Wishful, that's reassuring. Ah, I also do keep a (not so well structured) journal for symptoms and whatnot, which allowed me to somewhat point out that these symptoms only started happening shortly after supplementing the the antioxidants. At the moment I have extremely bad trapezoid...
  6. T

Hi Pamoja. I had briefly taken Vitamin C, L-Cysteine, Zinc, Taurine, Manganese, and Riboflavin-5-Phosphate (R5P) years ago, but I could only somewhat tolerate R5P at the time, though, for the others that I mentioned, I stopped taking them as soon as I started experiencing side-effects. I am not...
  7. T

Thank you, Murph, I hope so too.
  8. T

You're right about that, Murph! I just hope that I get better because it's been at least 2 weeks since I stopped and I have barely noticed any improvements on the side effects that I have been experiencing from it
  9. T

Hi everyone. A couple of weeks ago, I took the Solgar Antioxidant Formula for at least 4-5 days, and what I have noticed is that it has made my general PEM symptoms worse and it's also lowered the threshold too. Before I started taking the antioxidant formula, I could walk for about 30 minutes...
  10. T

High-Dose Selenium Significantly Improves My Fatigue and Brain Fog

@Hip Oh, nice. I definitely give Selenomethionine a shot sometime next week then. Thank you :)
  11. T

I have not actually started supplementing them yet because I wanted to first make sure that the supplement is yeast-free. I contacted the manufacturer over two weeks ago and the following is their response: " Good Morning, Selenomthionine is a mineral, mined from the earth. There is no yeast...
  12. T

Hi @Hip Two weeks ago, I bought this bottle of Selenomethionine (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Thorne-Research-Selenomethionine-Selenium-Supplement/dp/B00B5N9IDQ) and I just wanted to know whether or not it is yeast-free? Thanks
  13. T

Unfolded Protein Response and A Possible Treatment for CFS

Does anyone know where I can find TUDCA vegetable capsules? I cannot seem to find any online.
  14. T

Thank you @Aerowallah and I am glad that it is still working wonders for you!
  15. T

Hi @Aerowallah, Are you still taking the ionic Trace Minerals? If so, are you still experiencing the benefits?
  16. T

Simplified Methylation Protocol Revised as of Today

Hi, Yeah, I find some relief from this protocol. I use to get headaches 24/7 but, after doing the protocol for about 6 weeks, I then noticed that the constant headaches stopped being constant. I still have brain fog but, I guess it improved it a bit. An important note though, I only used...
  17. T

Severe omega 3 defciency and adrenal issues

Hi @Valentijn, I was wondering what brand of fish oil you use?
  18. T

Does Anyone Know How to Determine the Wild-Type and Risk Allele in a SNP?

merylg, thank you for sharing those links; I will definitely be using those two resources for next time I look into my genetics :)
  19. T

Thank you so much for clearing all of this up for me, Valentijn. This now makes sense to me :)
  20. T

Hi everyone, I am bit unsure on how to determine a wild-type (normal) and a risk-allele of a SNP. According to this resource (http://www.hgmd.cf.ac.uk/docs/mut_nom.html) it says, for e.g., 76A>C denotes that at nucleotide 76 a A is changed to a C) - so, what I have taken from this is that 'A'...
  21. T

I Am Experiencing Negative Side Effects After Supplementing Potassium Gluconate

@Gondwanaland I am going to finally order some vitamin B2 but, I am unsure whether I should purchase riboflavin (inactive) or the riboflavin-5-phosphate (active). What do you reckon I should go with? :)
  22. T

Ah, awesome, thanks. I will leave out the D3/Transdermal Magnesium for now, aha.
  23. T

I also believe that. I have been supplementing chelated magnesium for years now but, whenever I try to use transdermal magnesium, I would get so weak, and then my brain fog gets even worse, to the point where it feels painful. Do you think I may be absorbing it a bit too well? If so, maybe I...
  24. T

I have not started the B1, as I have not ordered them yet. I was hypothetically agreeing with you that if I were to start feeling good on one good B vitamin, I would not be in a rush to try the next B vitamin, aha. I will definitely check out Sherpa regimen, thank you. I do hope that your uric...
  25. T

I forgot to upload the SNPs in the previous messages :bang-head: so, here there are :)
  26. T

I am sorry to hear that you also went through the same thing. Do you suggest I may have also a bad thyroid?
  27. T

Looks we think alike because I would also leave out the other B vitamins for a while, aha. Okay dokey, I will look into taking B2 first but, then what would come next? B1 or B3? :) I have read those two threads many months ago but, I have forgotten pretty much everything that I have read, aha...
  28. T

Hi @Gondwanaland, When I do decide to start supplementing the B vitamins one by one, starting from B1 and upwards, let us say, I begin to start feeling good from supplementing B1 alone, would I still need to try the other B vitamins? And if so, would I still continue to supplement the B1 as...