• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. S

Experiences with Homeo KMAF?

Nagalase test results update: Oct 2012: 1.80 Apr 2013: 1.20 Nov 2013: 1.30 May 2014: 0.98 Mar 2015: 0.85 Mar 2016: 0.76 Continuing to go down using Homeo K-MAF
  2. S

The only place I know to purchase Homeo-KMAF (now called Homeo K.Guard) is www.biopure.eu
  3. S

Updated to include most recent testing. Still going down, but more slowly now (that's probably OK!). Nagalase test results: Oct 2012: 1.80 April 2013: 1.20 Nov 2013: 1.30 May 2014: 0.98 March 2015: 0.85 Took almost 8 weeks to get the test results....HDRI doesn't seem to be improving its...
  4. S

gcmaf homeopathic

My lab results would suggest otherwise.
  5. S

@maryb I'm taking Benicar for high 1,25D / hypercalcemia / inflammation. My original post on page 1 of this thread gives my history. My most recent CRP was 3.4, which is an all-time low for me. I'd like to see that go down further. Antibiotics are Minocycline and Azithromycin. I also take...
  6. S

Results are in, and they are getting better! And this is by far the fastest turnaround of results I've had from HDRI. Nagalase test results: Oct 2012: 1.80 April 2013: 1.20 Nov 2013: 1.30 May 2014: 0.98 Taking 10 drops of Homeo-KMAF 2X/day. Have also been taking a variety of other things...
  7. S

Hemex ISAC Hypercoagulation Profile?

I also looked back at some old data. I had a lupus anticoagulation panel run way back in 2003: PT: < 10 (range: 11-14.5) PTT-LA: 42 (range: 0-52) APTT: 27.6 (range 31-39) APTT 1:1 NP: 29.2 (range 31-39) Dilute Russells’s viper venom: 38.4 (range 0-45) Thrombin time: 16.3 sec (range <18)...
  8. S

Yup, this is the one on my lab orders. I got my blood drawn today, so we'll see. @Sushi - what exactly did you feel the heparin helped with? @Ema - I'll PM you once I have my results. Did either of you have issues with insurance covering the test?
  9. S

Blood drawn for Nagalase testing today...will report results when I have them.
  10. S

MAF Active Spray

@shannah I'm going to look into this, as I want to avoid injections if at all possible. Did you pursue it?
  11. S

Late to the party as usual...my doc is going to be ordering this test for me as well (if/when I see the exact test ordered, I'll let you know). Will be very interested to get my results, and hopefully to see yours as well.
  12. S

Low progesterone, estrogen dominance, thyroid and other

Yes, I started taking Vitex last fall. I was originally taking a brand that also contained Dong Quai, but have since switched to a brand called Linden's Apothecary which does NOT contain anything else (I figured I don't need any help on the estrogen side, LOL). I tried for months to get hold...
  13. S

I guess I am due for another Nagalase test...still taking the Homeo-KMAF, but still considering the injectable. For anyone ordering Gc-MAF from gcmaf.eu, are you providing them with the "required" updates every two months?
  14. S

gcmaf homeopathic

My updates are posted in the thread called "Experiences with Homeo KMAF?".
  15. S

GcMAF and Calcitriol (Vitamin D (1,25))

This isn't related to Gc-MAF per se, but it indicates to me that perhaps the thinking on "Vitamin D" is shifting. http://www.thelancet.com/journals/landia/article/PIIS2213-8587(13)70165-7/abstract In which they state: "However, whether low 25(OH)D is the cause or result of ill health is not...
  16. S

COMT and methylfolate

I jumped in with both feet, rotating methyl donors. Then decided to stop completely. A few months ago, I started easing into Yasko's new protocol - so just taking 200 mg SAMe/day right now. Will probably add the hydroxycobalamin in again soon.
  17. S

GcMAF and Calcitriol (Vitamin D (1,25))

For some folks (like me), high 1,25D can cause hypercalcemia (you can read my threads for info). Whether or not your high 1,25D causes hypercalcemia for you, I'd recommend cutting out the Vit D supplementation, regardless of your 25D level...
  18. S

It sounds like you're still doing the injections though, is that correct? When is it OK to stop (or do you plan to stay on a "maintenance" dose)?
  19. S

ULTRACET VS. TRAMADOL

I thought Tramadol *was* an opiate? (red bold below is mine) From Wikipedia: Tramadol (marketed as the hydrochloride salt by Janssen Pharmaceutica as Ultram in the United States, Ralivia by Biovail in Canada and many other companies throughout the world) is a centrally acting opioid analgesic...
  20. S

Thanks! Dose/frequency? 100 ng, once a week? Have you had any herxing due to your immune system kicking in?
  21. S

What was your nagalase when you started, and what is it now? How long have you been using Gc-MAF?
  22. S

Nagalase test results: Oct 2012: 1.80 April 2013: 1.20 Nov 2013: 1.30 I've been using Homeo-KMAF, 10 drops 2X/day during that time. Bummed to see the number hovering/increasing, rather than decreasing. Have others (regardless of which MAF you're using) plateaued like this? Did you need...
  23. S

Please read through this thread, as my levels *have* been posted here (see 5/24/13 entry for latest). Still don't have my current results back, it may be another 3 weeks or so. Not sure if this is helping with symptoms, as I'm on a variety of other meds as well. Hard to say what's helping...
  24. S

Nagalase/GcMaf 101

The text on the bottle is in German. Best I can figure, it says to take 6 drops, 3X/day, not within 10 minutes of eating. I started out taking 5 drops, once a day. After a month, I increased to 5 drops, 2X/day. After another month, I moved up to 10 drops, 2X/day, where I've stayed. If my...
  25. S

Nagalase/GcMaf 101

www.biopure.eu/usa The name of the product has been changed from Homeo-KMAF to Homeo-K.Guard. I usually buy 6 bottles at a time to make the most of the shipping charges. http://www.biopure.eu/usa/products/homeo-k/homeo-kmaf-50ml.php I finally got rid of my nagging cold and had my blood...
  26. S

I am having my nagalase retested in the next two weeks. It will likely take another 6-8 weeks to get the results, but I'll post those here. The only place I know to purchase Homeo-KMAF (now called Homeo K.Guard) is www.biopure.eu
  27. S

gcmaf homeopathic

You can read my thread for my experiences. My nagalase dropped from 1.80 to 1.20 between October of last year and April of this year while taking it (I'm also taking a bunch of other stuff too though). I'm due for a retest, which will happen in the next two weeks. I'll post my results then.
  28. S

Nagalase/GcMaf 101

Well, you're right there with me. I tested at 1.80 this time last year. Started the Homeo KMAF, and down to 1.20 earlier this year. Was going to get retested this week, but I have a cold. Doc suggested waiting for the retest until I've been feeling well for 10 days - not positive the cold...
  29. S

Holy crap -- IgM deficiency

Hilarious! And unfortunately, probably true.
  30. S

Holy crap -- IgM deficiency

This is the same question I've been asking myself, and my doctor. And of course the frustrating thing is that we don't have an answer...