• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. A

Neurological link and Music

I have some binaural sounds on my PC somewhere and this thread has inspired me to listen to them while I work on my own website. Only thing I can't find my headphones after moving recently. Drat.
  2. A

Anyone have issues with continuous hair loss?

I never knew this. When I was around 20 I thought I was going to end up bald because my hair was falling out. It might have been because of stress after my parents broke up and I ended up homeless. Now my hair is pretty good although it is now turning grey, which is natural due to my age. I like...
  3. A

Heartburn

I tend to get it when I have a lot of sugary stuff or sometimes wholemeal bread so I try to stay clear of them, but it's not always possible. One thing that really gives me heartburn is fizzy drinks and they often give me a pain in my left arm soon after I have had them. I used to think it was...
  4. A

When Science Makes Me Sad: "Food-Allergy Fears Drive Overly Restrictive Diets"

How many times have we seen reports from scientists stating one thing only for a few years later the experts say something totally contrary? The human body is a complex mechanism and there are so many variables that nothing will work with everybody. It is all trial and error and educated...