• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Steve-22

Your typical heart rate (pulse)

Usually fifty-something. I walk around with a pulse of 60,my heart rate fails to raise above 120 during exercise and cannot sweat no matter what and I have high blood pressure.
  2. Steve-22

The Placebo Man

I'm thinking of folate deficiency because of tongue tie(ankyloglossia) and aesthetic problems with teeth,scoliosis,pectus carinatum,kyphosis,lordosis and think of B12 deficiency because of unable to maintain eye contact during conversations.Pernicious anemia could explain lots of things.I've...
  3. Steve-22

The Placebo Man

Hi guys! I don't need an introduction.I am that man who gets hysterical due to all the health struggles and nothing helps me.Everything is placebo so far that I've been using. Here is what I've tried so far: GFCF diet,multivitamin(yes,with synthetic ones...),protein powder,fish...
  4. Steve-22

Stool test confirmed candida,now what?

Hi GP! I don't come across too much people sharing the same problems as I do so this makes me feel a bit better that we can put our heads together and figure out something to help alleviate this state. I do think this is a combination of chronic systemic yeast infection,mitochondrial...
  5. Steve-22

Damaged by SSRI - Let's find those genes!

"Chronic treatment with fluoxetine (Prozac) has been shown to cause persistent desensitization of 5HT1A receptors even after removal of the SSRI in rats.[25] These long-term adaptive changes in 5-HT receptors, as well as more complex, global changes, are likely to be mediated through alterations...
  6. Steve-22

Hi Philip! Wow! That's amazing information! Thank you so much for explaining this in a language I can understand with my poorly functioning brain! Never took Iodoral before. I'm going to check for an iodine test I can order but I'm on low budget at the moment. So you are sensitive to chlorine...
  7. Steve-22

Damaged by SSRI - Let's find those genes!

Hi! I'm planning on collecting genes that are related to suffering prolonged or permanent brain,liver etc. damage from previous SSRI use. Don't want to go into too much details,some info about me: 23 years old male,first used SSRIs at age 17 due to bullying and traumas after traumas. Been on...
  8. Steve-22

Thank you Creekee,I've ordered trace minerals and will try to increase my selenium intake through diet. Anyways,I want to post my test results and would like to hear opinions. I have been told I have chronic yeast overgrowth.Hypothyroidism causing yeast overgrowth or yeast causing hypo? Egg or...
  9. Steve-22

Thank you for your answers! I have been talking to a professional today who wants me to order specific probiotics and MMS to kill candida. Meanwhile wants me to use isocort to support my adrenals.
  10. Steve-22

Hey forum members! Long time no see.I have been searching for the root cause of my health issues for years and finally getting closer to find the answer of why half my life has been pain and suffering. I've got the results of my GI Effects stool test. It surprised me that the test says I...
  11. Steve-22

Great News - 23andme is only $99!

Did 23andme lower the shipping price or not? Who ordered here to EU since 26th of november? I wanted to order one for my mom,but not going to with the ridiculous 90$ shipping price as I have serious thyoid,adrenal and other tests to order because of dying and need to spare cash. o_O
  12. Steve-22

B12 working but can't sleep.....

Hi Joe! The very first thing I saw in this thread is that it doesn't mention folate! B12 and folate work together. Do you have a genetic test done? If yes,copy the results. Also tell us what other supplements you take and how is your diet?
  13. Steve-22

Great News - 23andme is only $99!

Me too.Shipping was 95$ that's a total of 395$ and it took 3 weeks just to get here.
  14. Steve-22

POLG snps 23andMe

Right now there isn't any promotional codes sorry! Could you join MTHFR support group on facebook? There you would get info about promotional codes first hand.No,the gene is not included in Yasko's test. 23andme tests for 850 000 snps.Yasko's test is just for the methylation pathway.
  15. Steve-22

POLG snps 23andMe

You need to get 23andme.It's a toolkit for getting a clear picture of yourself and piecing the puzzle together.
  16. Steve-22

POLG snps 23andMe

I will post it as soon as the article comes out.My good friend,the founder of mthfrsupport is researching new genes to be added to the methylation protocoll (so we could see real "recovery" stories finally) but decided to check for some mast cell genes and so far I am her lab rat lol. It turned...
  17. Steve-22

POLG snps 23andMe

Well the Mendel's are considered to be an average family I guess,meanwhile I was dugging up mast cell genes and other valuable snps and saw both Gred and Lilly had for example CC and I had TTand just look at my signature.
  18. Steve-22

23andme test results

I have been told by more than one person that I should look into Marfan syndrome because I have lots of symptoms of it.I was really stupid to not put the picture together. Homocystinuria overlaps with Marfan's symptoms. I have the CBS mutation,diagnostic criteria for homocystinuria (gene-wise)...
  19. Steve-22

POLG snps 23andMe

FANCI,POLG rs3087374 CC These are the SNPs I differ from the Mendel family: rs3176238 CC rs2302084 AA rs2307449 TT rs2351000 AG rs758130 AA rs2238296 AA rs2247233 CT Sorry I didn't write the Mendel family's result next to my list.I feel horrible atm,listing these snps made me dizzy,have...
  20. Steve-22

POLG snps 23andMe

rs3176238... CC rs2302084... AA rs2307449... TT rs2074885... GG rs758130... AA rs2238296... AA rs2247233... CT Haven't checked the Mendel family genes.
  21. Steve-22

What are your COMT results & symptoms / resulting problems?

How do you get the norephrine checked? Home test kit? Only tried magnesium citrate capsules they have no effect on me.Liquid magnesium does calm me down and make me handle stress better.The effect lasts for 1-2 hours on average.
  22. Steve-22

How To Know Differences In Specific SNPs for one type of gene?

Hi there! Don't know much about the variations of CBS gene.There are snps that in a combination causes lots of troubles. For example,myself have the CBS A360A +/- and that's it from the CBS mutations,but I also have a MTHFR 1298C +/- which alone can cause skizophrenia and ammonia problems,but...
  23. Steve-22

Completely at a loss here....

Just one word: RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stories of ignorant doctors like this always make me sad and I feel for you.That is horrible,I feel so sorry you had to go through this! :( Let me tell you about the high b12 and folate in your blood.There could be multiple possibilities for you to have...
  24. Steve-22

Hypoglycemic symptoms without low blood sugar/glucose (hypoglycemia)

Heapsreal and MishMash said the best.Seasonal allergies,food intolerances,parasites,heavy metals,emotional stress ptsds with time they will eventually finish the adrenals... I recommend 24 hours saliva cortisol test if you are unable to handle stress. Whether you have methylation problems,gut...
  25. Steve-22

New Gene Linked to PTSD Identified

I am TT for the rs8042149 and can't get over my Dad's death that happend 8 years ago.The memory is too vidid,it slowly destroyed my life becoming from a forever smiling,clumsy (ASD) child to a guy you can see on my profile picture,developed muscle weakness and clinical depression,lost the few...
  26. Steve-22

COMT++

You need to know other snps before starting supplementing. I don't know about being over methylators.I've been reading about it,hope you don't mind if I post it here. OVER METHYLATORS Elevated serotonin - not true Elevated dopamine - true Elevated norepinephrine -true High religiosity - true...
  27. Steve-22

23andme test results

Please tell me more about this prometheases.I am interested. According to 23andme my ABO blood type is type O (O/O) and Rh negative (-/-).I know this is shameful but I have no idea about my blood types.
  28. Steve-22

COMT++

Hi there! I am COMT H62H +/+ COMT V158M +/+.I've been talking about this with Freddd as I have the same problem.We have been told to take hydroxocobalamin but he says it will only cause more damage in the long run and COMT or not,we should take methylcobalamin in tiny doses and ADB12 too...
  29. Steve-22

23andme test results

Do doctors test for this vitamin K2? I have seen they sometimes test electrolytes,minerals,urine,vitamin D but not vitamin K nor the K2. You know I do have high calcium levels due to the methylation block and I would really like to look into this vitamin K thing as the past week I had 3 nose...
  30. Steve-22

23andme test results

I'm not sure.I'm a really hairy guy compared to an average joe,I have to shave my shoulders and back and there's some hair started appearing on my BICEPS yet I can only grow neck beard,no full facial hair. Not only too hairy but my body is feminime too.I have fat distribution of a girl.Height is...