• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. C

Teenager who diagnosed her own rare illness (after being diagnosed with CFS) - Times article

In the UK, and also in other countries, the pattern seems to be that girls are developing autonomic problems (dysautonomia) after their HPV vaccination - many of them meet the diagnostic criteria for POTS or Complex Regional Pain Syndrome, but many also have the same cluster of autonomic related...
  2. C

New Exercise Study Brings Both Illumination and Questions

I would be interested to see how results for patients with dysautonomia (including POTS) respond to this excerise test and how the results compare with ME patients. Once of most infuriating things I've found about ME and CFS is how quickly doctors are to slap a CFS diagnosis on patients (my...
  3. C

UK Research Collaborative means business

Bob, I understand the arguements in favour of the Collaborative and I too have hope for it to succeed, I just don't have much confidence that it won't be used as a weapon by the psychiatrists. Here's to a happy, successful and enlightening outcome!!
  4. C

UK Research Collaborative means business

Whenever the psychiatrists have been involved in ME projects, the result has been detrimental for ME patients and I don't have any confidence that this will be any different. The proponents of the biopsychosocial model may be in the minority on the exective board, but they wield a...
  5. C

CFS and vaccination - secret papers deny funding.

The Hep B vaccine has thought to be a trigger or cause of ME for many years, but recently the HPV vaccine which is given to all 12/13 year old schoolgirls has come under scrutiny by some adovacy groups for causing ME type illnesses. Many of the girls injured by the HPV vaccine have been given...