• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Lotus97

Medical gaslighting finally is being recognized by the mainstream press

Considering 80% of suicides are men and 93% of workplace deaths are men, it's very clear how significant 'male disposibility' is in society. My guess is that chronic illness among males is almost certainly UNDERDIAGNOSED. Men are forced to be the primary "breadwinner" (ie main provider) for...
  2. Lotus97

What happens when you can't tolerate supplements anymore?

I can't speak for the supplements, but it would be very good if you get your home environment stabilized. I've taken a lot of supplements (and still am taking many), but I've found that getting a lot of sleep and rest during the day (watching TV or using the computer DOESN'T count as rest) has...
  3. Lotus97

15 yo Daughter is COMT V158M+/+ and COMT H62H+/+ suffering from severe OCD and anxiety

As the years go by, this is the position I've been arriving at more and more. Not to mention the cost of these supplements...(I know this is an old thread, but I feel like this cannot be stated enough) We've all heard anecdotal testimony about specific supplements and protocols (I still take...
  4. Lotus97

SAMe (SAM-e) and COMT Supplementation

For the few weeks (maybe longer) I've been more depressed than I have been in a long time. One cause could be due to probiotics I was taking (which have made me depressed in the past). I've found comments from others who have had the same reaction to probiotics. The other cause I'm looking into...
  5. Lotus97

Chlorella allergy?

I you sure about that? Most chlorphyll I've seen contains "Chlorophyllin copper" and is (not surprisingly) high in copper. Also, it's the thiols in chlorella that chelates the mercury.
  6. Lotus97

'Social Exhaustion'?

I was never good at social interactions to begin with, but now that I'm sick they're especially difficult. I have a Youtube channel and tried live streaming for the first time and felt really bad afterwards. Edit: I read the article and that's very true. I'm a wired and tired so it's more than...
  7. Lotus97

Revised Simplified Methylation Protocol (August 25, 2012 Revision)

Hi, guys. It's been awhile since anyone has posted in this so I thought I'd mention a few supplements that are affordable alternatives to the ones Richvank (aka Rich) recommends. If anyone has any questions about methylation, feel free to send my a private message (start a conversation) as I'm...
  8. Lotus97

Zeolite, anyone?

It could be from the Zeolite itself or it could be from detoxification. It's really hard to know, but either way it's best to give your body a break and stop for at least a few days. Our bodies have a hard time eliminating toxins so it's good to go slowly and cautiously.
  9. Lotus97

MSG sensitivity

Interesting. I bought some wasabi flavored roasted fava beans and they were really good. TOO GOOD. And better than they're other flavors. They also had sort of a sweet taste which was surprising. So I looked at the ingredients and dextrin was one of the ingredients and the only flavoring...
  10. Lotus97

Zeolite

In the past, some people have said bentonite clay is safer than zeolite, but I'm wondering how much of this is conjecture and how much has actually been backed up by hard evidence. I tend to be just as wary of alternative healing as I am of mainstream medicine.
  11. Lotus97

Collagen Protocol for Joint Pain (possibly from Lyme?)

I'm not sure if it helped or not. I still haven't found the cause/treatment for pain in my hands. Sometimes it's fine and then it gets bad again. I try to limit activity as much as possible, but it's hard to stay off the computer.
  12. Lotus97

Please help with this mold issue and wearing clothes!

@jason30 You say you have MCS? I assume you're using fragrance-free laundry detergents/fabric softeners/dryer sheets/etc.?
  13. Lotus97

Tooth Hurting - Don't Want Another Amalgam...

I had a cavity filled today. They said they don't use mercury anymore so I was going to get amalgams, but there was a miscommunication and they used the white stuff instead of amalgams. There's not anything I can do about it now, but I'm wondering if that was worse and also if there are any...
  14. Lotus97

Low-dose naltrexone (LDN) - how's it working for you?

My dry mouth issues have been worse it seems since going on the LDN. Does that happen with dehydration? I'm sort of grasping at straws, but I don't know what else to go on. So many symptoms and inadequate support from medical professionals.
  15. Lotus97

Low-dose naltrexone (LDN) - how's it working for you?

A month or two ago I stopped LDN for a few weeks and then back on 4.5 mg. After that I became unusually tired and more recently the pain in my hands has been significantly worse. I still don't know how much is from the LDN and how much is just staying up late and spending time at the computer...
  16. Lotus97

Pain in upper back, spine - Lyme?

The antibiotics were for Lyme. I was under the impression that treatments for Lyme can often last over a year. I think my doctor wants me to continue with herbal treatment, but the antibiotics are covered by my insurance and the herbs are expensive so I'd like to continue taking both since I'm...
  17. Lotus97

Thanks for the replies. Something I forgot to mention is that I've been more tired than normal over the past week. It could just a coincidence, but I'm normally more wired than tired. And I don't want to point the finger at Lyme without knowing more, but at the same time I don't want to...
  18. Lotus97

For the past week or so I've been waking up in the morning with pain in my upper back that seems to originate from a point in my spine. I think it's partially because I sleep on my stomach, but I can't fall asleep in any other position. I also think it could be due to Lyme since there seems to...
  19. Lotus97

Uncontrollable anxiety as primary PEM symptom?

I think my symptoms for the most part are due to fatigue and inflammation (along with various other things), but for the past 5 days or so it might have been from serotonin syndrome so I'm glad I found this thread. I'm going to be stopping a few things and I'll see how I feel. How long before...
  20. Lotus97

Uncontrollable anxiety as primary PEM symptom?

I tend to get those symptoms too.
  21. Lotus97

Arthritic type pain in hands

Methylation in general can cause inflammation. I don't think it has anything to do with not enough methylfolate.
  22. Lotus97

Arthritic type pain in hands

I started getting pain in my hands 7 years ago after playing a lot of video games, but the pain continued for several years after I stopped. I guess partially because I had to move 3 times and maybe I spent too much time at the computer. I haven't really found the cause or how to treat the...
  23. Lotus97

Buhner Lyme Protocol

Did you read the article I posted? I think he explains why Lyme treatment especially takes so long sometimes. Dr. Horowitz does an even better job in his new book explaining how difficult it is to treat Lyme. There's a lot more than just prescribing antibiotics.
  24. Lotus97

Esophageal Spasms/Acid Reflux/GERD

Thanks. Does that have something to do with glutamine possibly converted into glutamate?
  25. Lotus97

Pharmaceutical antibiotics in combination with Cowden or Buhner protocol

I've been on the Buhner protocol for the past year. I can't really say that it's made a difference in my symptoms. I tested negative on Igenex and I'm wondering if it was due to the Buhner protocol modulating my immune system. I've had a rash where I was bitten by a tick so I'm pretty certain I...
  26. Lotus97

Esophageal Spasms/Acid Reflux/GERD

I've been having symptoms for the past few months that seem to be some sort of acid reflux/GERD and esophageal spasms. The main symptom is pressure in the back of my throat like something is stuck there, but it gets worse if I don't do anything to stop it. Chewing fennel seeds generally stops...
  27. Lotus97

does NAC really cause damage?

I was reading in Stephen Buhner's new book, Healing Lyme Coinfections Bartonella and Mycoplasma, that NAC in high doses can break up biofilms. This can be a double edged sword since it can release more infectious bacteria into a person's system. It's possible that some people react badly to NAC...
  28. Lotus97

Reflux but not acidic

(Note: My post isn't directed specifically towards the person I'm quoting so if anyone else has something helpful to add I'd appreciate. I'm just quoting for context) That sounds like what's been going on with me. I have a pressure in the back of my throat like something is stuck there. If it...
  29. Lotus97

methylation: VERY low, very slow.....results

Based on my research I think Rich was mistaken on that. He only posted about it once as far as I could tell. Since then, he posted multiple times about supplements helpful for excitotoxicity, but never mentioned folinic acid. The main reason Rich recommended folinic acid was due to it's role in...
  30. Lotus97

Igenex Lyme Test Negative - What Now?

I just had an Igenex Lyme test that came back negative. I was kind of surprised since I've had a recurring rash where I was bitten by a tick. The doctor thinks I likely have bartonella due my symptoms. I know it's possible to have Bartonella without borrelia burgdorferi. I do think there's...