• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. B

On-going supplement poll

This is an excellent idea and formatted nicely thanks for setting this up. I think it should be stickied.
  2. B

Completely eliminated my severe anxiety symptoms with three supplements!

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but N-A-glucosamine has been shown the help MS: http://today.uci.edu/news/2011/09/nr_ms_110930.php
  3. B

what is the best description of your me/cfs?

healthy, healthy, boom, mono....
  4. B

Started Equilibrant...

Equilibrant FWIW, here were my experiences (i am a 24 y/o male): I took equilibrant for 6 months, starting slowly and working up to the full dose of 6 pills. At first, I had bad headaches and exacerbated symptoms. After some time I stabilized, but I had a significant reduction in my...
  5. B

Glutathione & Precursors - Detox or Induced Methylb12 and Methylfolate Deficiencies?

I can only reply with another anecdotal report, but along time ago I took perque b12 and felt nothing. I feel a powerful impact from Methylb12 though. I can't say I've had consistent positive results with either yet.
  6. B

MethylB12 - how much is too much ?

Thanks for the response Fredd! I didn't detail this in the original post, but I am also taking the following: - AdenosylB12 (country life 3mg) - I don't notice nearly as strong a response to ADb12 as I do to methylb12 - Magnesium malate and citrate - zinc - Herb complex for immune...
  7. B

MethylB12 - how much is too much ?

Fredd/Rich Currently I am taking 5g methylcobalmin twice daily, under the tongue for 45 minutes (jarrow brand), along with 800-1200 mcg of methylfolate. I know this is a lot, but I have had some success - including the single best day since I've been sick. I had my mercury filings removed...
  8. B

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Improvement I started methyl b12 (jarrow - 5000 mcg, one per day) about a week ago, and am already noticing a large improvement in my symptoms. My symptoms are strongly neurological (i.e. heavy brain fog, constant "out of it" feeling, anxiety, photosensitivity, etc.), and mb12 is helping so...
  9. B

What treatments have CURED people?

Great post willow, thank you so much. It's exactly as you said, I am young and have LOTS of time, and I need to try my best to fully recover. The Field Control Therapy does sound a little hokey to me though :). Toxic mold exposure is another disagnosis I am skeptical of, although I did feel...
  10. B

Thanks to all of you for your replies, although they are not terribly encouraging (CFS isn't a very encouraging disease). I have had CFS since age 19, but refuse to believe that my life is over. Fatigue is not as much of an issue for me as is brain fog. I'm able to perform physically, but...
  11. B

I want to hear stories of anyone you know of who went into remission, and what treatments they were using. I've heard a couple stories from Dr. Lerner and Dr. Chia where they mention remission (these were anti-viral treatments). Also heard of a couple people going into remission from...
  12. B

Dr. Chia Produces New Form of Oxymatrine

Update No dice here so far. If anything I've been feeling worse. Physically I am weaker than ever. sigh.
  13. B

Has anybody tried Hydrocortisone therapy?

Prednisone I took prednisone for the 2nd year of my illness, 5-10 mg per day. It seemed to give me a 'floor' - I imagine this is due to the powerful anti-inflammatory effects. I have been off prednisone for about 2 years now
  14. B

Day 22 I'm about 3 weeks in now. I'm still not exactly sure what effect equilibrant is having on me. Initially, I would feel worse after almost every dose, but that has lessened. I've been on the full dose (6 tabs) for 3 days now. I take 2 pills on an empty stomach about 15 minutes before...
  15. B

Today was day 12. I continue to feel worse. I cannot exercise without the headache returning, so I have become weaker from lack of exercise. I am going to continue with these supplements for at least 3 months before giving up. Hopefully there will be benefit. I am struggling very much...
  16. B

Regarding my last post, that day turned out to be very poor after all.:Retro frown: I seem to feel worse after taking the equlibrant. However, the longer I go without taking it, the better I feel. I skipped a dose last night, and felt better this morning that I have in a long time...
  17. B

Thanks Jenny.. I'm glad you're okay after all that. I did take it seriously - went to the ER and had a spinal tap done. Luckily everything appears to be okay. I'm only taking 3 supplements now, equilibrant, ashwagandha, and occasionally curcumin. It's weird but I can still "feel" the...
  18. B

Demographic of MALES!

Sometimes I wonder if the population of males is underestimated. Personally I was drawn here by the focus on science, research, interviews, etc. I used to post on immunesupport a couple years back, but this forum is better.
  19. B

Thanks Timaca. I had experienced something similar about a week ago, before I had started oxymatrine so I can't attribute it to that. But, I am going to ramp up slowly (1 tab a day for now) and hopefully that wil avoid any headaches! I've already signed up on the forums and read your posts...
  20. B

Wow Shortly after I made that post some unfortunate events occurred. In the middle of sex I got a sudden onset, overwhelming headache. Throbbing pain worse than I've ever experienced. The headache was so bad I could barely move. The next morning it STILL hurt, so I went to the ER to rule...
  21. B

What worked for me

I'm not sure if this is still an option, but ashwagandha has been shown to increase thyroid levels. It may have less side effects than direct thyroid hormone supplementation. Ashwagandha also has immunomodulatory effects (increased NK cell activity)...
  22. B

I started equillibrant today. Took 3 tablets, which is too much according to some. It will take some time before I can give an accurate description of how my symptoms are being affected. Let's hope that I am one of those 'complete remissions in 3 months' people. Here's to ending the...
  23. B

"Brain Fog"

Thanks again for your responses. ukxmrv - Thanks for the suggestions about intercranial blood pressure. At the moment I am trying anti-viral supplements - so I don't want to mix anything. But I'll definitely keep this in mind. My aunt is an M.D. (internal medicine) and thought 'chronic...
  24. B

"Brain Fog"

thanks for all of your responses. A couple comments; - heaps, I can't describe what I feel as a 'constant head cold'. There's not really an adequate comparison to symptoms of illness that I experienced pre-CFS. - Wonko (or others) - what is pwCFS or pwME (as opposed to just CFS/ME)? -...
  25. B

I recently purchased equillibrant. Will update on how it goes.
  26. B

"Brain Fog"

Anyone else feel as if their head is just not 'clear'. I mean that LITERALLY not figuratively. It's as if my head is full of dense cotton balls weighing it down all the time. No matter what i do, nothing has relieved the weight, even temporarily. It's almost like someone is pushing my brain...