• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. O

meds for deep sleep

Hi, When do you take the melatonin? Thanks Margaret Margaret
  2. O

Cort: Happy Birthday To You!!

Cort:Happy Birthday toyo!! Happy Birthday Cort! This may turn out to be the best week to have your birthday! Thank you for all you do for us! Margaret
  3. O

BIG NEWS: NIH Director to open XMRV conference!!!

Big News: NIH Director to open XMRV conference i love it! At long last!
  4. O

My New Video - The CDC vs CFS/ME

The CDC vs CFS/ME Good job Caledonia! Keep those videos coming. Margaret
  5. O

What is considered low NK cell function?

What is cosidered low NK function Hi, Yes, that is exactly right. I have been to Miami twice in the last two months. Dr. Klimas did a ton of immune testing. My natural killer cells were operating at only 25% and I had 5 times the inflammatory cytokins than I should. She has started me...
  6. O

meds for deep sleep

Hi, Do any of you start feeling better at night? I always think I am getting better. LOL It is hard for me to give up the good feeling and go to sleep but I am going to have to or try. I do seems to have bouts of not sleeping when I am feeling so good at night. I mean still up and wide...
  7. O

Mold, Dr. Cheney and ME/CFS

Dr. Cheny's "Control Points" Approach to Address CFS Viruses Hi, I relapsed after a eight year remission. This time it is a bit different. I could barely raise my head off the pillow in the 90's. I have more pain and fatigue this time. Everything has been put on hold. It is hard to...
  8. O

Article: Breakthroughs Happen: A Model For Success in ME/CFS

Article< Breakthroughs Happen: A Model for Success in ME/CFS Cort, Great, just plain great piece. Keep up your hard work for us, we have more hope with each new development. Margaret
  9. O

Article: Breakthroughs Happen: A Model For Success in ME/CFS

Just great! I am not ejoying my second round with this illness but it is getting to be exciting. Keep up your work for us all Cort, you are an original. Margaret
  10. O

I think my CFS is gone....back to work?

Hi, I had an eight year remission, thought I had beat it. I crashed again 2 years ago. I know I was doing too much. Be careful, avoid stress especially. I would work for a while at getting my body strong and work on the immune system. I should have been that smart and maybe I would not be...
  11. O

Birmingham News

Birmngham News Hi Tina, Wow, The Birmingham News. I am near Montgomery. I am not sure where Clay is. There are not many doctors around here that know how to deal with this. I recently came back from Nancy Klimas's new clinic and immune testing like I have never seen. I paln to write...
  12. O

Gynecological problems - Xmrv

Hello Dr. Donnica, I lived in the GYN's office for years after the birth of our daughter. I had every infection and "itis" and you can think off. Finally it was decided to take a look. I ended up with a total hysterectomy at the age of 32. The doctor said there was so much scar tissue and...
  13. O

My Prof De Meirleir patient experience...

I will post when I recover from the two trips to Florida, one for consutation with Dr. Klimasand then for treatment plan. I am very encouraged. I was so up when we got home yesterday that I did not sleep and never did go back and try. When I am up liike this I have to wait to wear down.
  14. O

Dr Teitelbaum & LDN

I totally agree. I saw him in 96 and he has raised the price bar way too high and it was bad then. He is about selling products. He has such a campaign going it is unreal, key in CFS/FM and he will be there. I am not sure if this is true seems like it would be against the law..he is having...
  15. O

Comment by 'onebush' in 'Embracing Reality'

I loved your story, I sent it to a friend I want your gradmother to come to dinner, what a gal! I crashed myself after 8 years so know the feeling, sill in shock.. I was doing everthing as we always do. .LOL We must not be as smart as we seem to be! The best of luck to you and the rest...
  16. O

Article: Tests Confirm It - Ampligen Works!

Great news, keep posting your improvements, you give us all hope. I noticed you have kept youyr humor through out it all...best way to go! Margaret
  17. O

Cdc -- those with cfids: "prudent to refrain from donating blood"

Why, why why is the question. There has been some sort of cover up since the 90's. I thought Hillary Johnson was way off base but now I believe everything she has written. I also think that De Frietas was shafted for lack of a better word. Why again, do they want a us all to stay sick and...
  18. O

Removal of mercury amalgam fillings

I have never heard or anyone getting better by doing this...ever. I know quite a few that have done it, some actually were worse and lost teeth. A couple became more chemically sensitive. Well, look at Cheney and his heart transplant after doing it. Why did he even do it? He was not sick...
  19. O

VACCINES AS POSSIBLE TRIGGERS FOR CFIDS/FM: POST your experiences here!!!

Hi, Yes, yes, yes! I had to keep up shot records for years after living in Europe for five years in case we would go back..husband in the military. I started develoving more and more allergies in the 80's and nothing worked so..you guessed it allergy injections for SEVEN YEARS. What did I...
  20. O

Article: Dr. Nancy Klimas on Her New Clinic and More

Hi Cort and all, I have an appointment there on July 12. I was e-mailedi a ton of paperwork fill out. I will let the group know how it all comes out. I was happy to learn they are saving blood for XNRV testing later. I was very surprised to get an appointment so quickly. I made it about a...
  21. O

Anti-XMRV Blog -New post

I stopped reading aftger the first paragraph! We do not need to read this kind of crap!
  22. O

Nose, Sinuses, Eyes, Throat, Teeth... non-stop suffering, anyone?

I forgot to mention that the best thing I have found is an OTC product nasal wash called X lear )(lear is on the label. I got it at the heath food store and online sometrines. You can put it in your search engine and read about it. I found the neti pot and sal solution d to work well before...
  23. O

Low dose Naltrexone

Wat time do youtake it in the day? I have been taking it around 10:30 at night or a little later. I still have trouble getting to sleep.
  24. O

Nose, Sinuses, Eyes, Throat, Teeth... non-stop suffering, anyone?

All my teeth ache at night and if a storm is coming a double whammy. I had a lot of sinus infections when I was in remission, if that is what to call it. I never got sick when I was sick before either...not a sniffe. An ND I saw said to show her a person that does not have a cold a year and...
  25. O

Clothes sensitivity?

This just started with me. The elastic in my PJ's drives me nuts. I have even wondered if I have become allergic to elastic. I don't like tags in the back of shirts either and never have.
  26. O

Russian Immuno-modulators

Hi, I am going to Nancy Klimas's new clinic on July 12. I guess they will work me over and I will let you all know what happens. I know she is on board with low dose naltrextone since a friend is a patient.
  27. O

NEI Center passed unanimously in New Jersey Senate

Great, great news! I think we can all thank Dr. Donnica Moore for this. Wow, just think another place is opening in Coral Gables, Florida. I read about that yesterday.